Visa Run = Fake Tourist = Permatourist Deported At Ezeiza

To apply for a retiree visa is super simple and seems that is the one that fits you.

Thanks.
I did a search for 'retirement visa'. I found the forms but couldnt find some basic info.
Do you know how long will I be able to stay with a retiree visa? Does it expire after some period? If so is it renewable?

Argentina has been very kind to foreigners who are abusing the system.

Thats a million dollar statement. Absolutely true. I cant stand perma-tourists abusing the liberal immigration system of the country. Overstaying/illegally working/not paying taxes/abusing the country all the time/ laughing at its legal system . Try doing the same in US or Uk or Western Europe and you would be kicked out in a jiffy.

Its time Argentine became extremely strict with perma-tourists.

Professional secret prevents me from sharing more information.
I published the act with his/her specific consent.

You have a wrong approach. There is no permatourist. You are a tourist if you spend less than 180 days a year, otherwise you are an inmmigrant. If you abuse of the renewals of I-94 (entry stamp), you become a fake tourist not a perma-tourist.

Permatourist is just an euphemism because the proper word -immigrant- sounds like for poor people.

Regards
I guess that makes me a tourist, thanks for clearing it up. Good to have someone with a lot of experience with these issues.

Every year for 3 years. After that you get permanent status (lifetime is you live here).
One last question: it seems like the Retiree Visa requires a bunch of documents from back home, to verify my income, marital status, birth, police records, etc.
Anybody know any shortcuts?

This is the AR immigration policy:

We, the representatives of the people of the Argentine Nation, gathered in General Constituent Assembly by the will and election of the Provinces which compose it, in fulfillment of pre-existing pacts, in order to form a national union, guarantee justice, secure domestic peace, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves, to our posterity, and to all men of the world who wish to dwell on argentine soil: invoking the protection of God, source of all reason and justice: do ordain, decree, and establish this Constitution for the Argentine Nation.
- Preamble to the Constitution of Argentina

Equal rights for citizens and foreigners is the immigration policy, among others, working rights.
I just had an argentine School House Rock moment there! :) [background=rgb(233, 230, 226)]We the People [/background][background=rgb(233, 230, 226)]of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.[/background]

This is the AR immigration policy:

We, the representatives of the people of the Argentine Nation, gathered in General Constituent Assembly by the will and election of the Provinces which compose it, in fulfillment of pre-existing pacts, in order to form a national union, guarantee justice, secure domestic peace, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves, to our posterity, and to all men of the world who wish to dwell on argentine soil: invoking the protection of God, source of all reason and justice: do ordain, decree, and establish this Constitution for the Argentine Nation.
- Preamble to the Constitution of Argentina

Equal rights for citizens and foreigners is the immigration policy, among others, working rights.

Thanks for the clarification.

I would argue that like all preabmbles to constitutions throughout the world its rather utopian. I'd just like to know where economic rationalism kicks in? It seems to me that this form of open door policy can't work! At the end of the day its unsustainable.......just thinking out loud here :)

Say goodbye to about 2 billion pesos in foreign currency imported by permatourists - Argentina doesn't need US$ or Euro anyway.

Sorry guys, but 2 million pesos is nothing for a country.
That's right - but at a conservative estimate, the sum is 2 billion = 2 000 000 000.

That is a small amount for most countries with a balanced foreign currency budget, but ...

sometimes i get really irritated about Canada and how strict they are about letting immigrants and visitors in (I'm Canadian). They are the EXTREME, even more then the USA, but then i look at argentina and how easy it is to immigrate here, and look at the statistics in crime and the construction in the villas, and that most are from other countries like bolivia or columbia and i do feel that Argentina needs to higher their standards on who they let in. And before anyone gets there pantys in a knot, I'm not talking about race, I'm talking a little more education, something like at least a school high school diploma.
Canada, is the extreme and Argentina is on the other end. Like a high end bar, pick and chose who comes into your establishment, because if not, shits gonna go down!

That's right - but at a conservative estimate, the sum is 2 billion = 2 000 000 000.

They don't seem to use the word "billion" here... seems they prefer to use thousand-million instead <_<

Back