Visiting Buenos Aires From U.s. For 1 Month

Go to an "arbolito"

But don't tell Kristina.....

ericoldtime-1748143-albums-my-kentucky-family-pic122663-new1.jpg

Important to note: Do not declare the money.

Wineguy -- why do you advise not declaring money brought in? Isn't this asking for trouble if it is found on you? If you do declare the money, what problems could it cause?

I like you....but you've got alot to learn about Argentina.......

I'm sure our 10 years isn't enough, and I readily admit that there is a lot we haven't figured out. Can you please answer my questions, to help educate me on this subject? Thanks!

Wineguy -- why do you advise not declaring money brought in? Isn't this asking for trouble if it is found on you? If you do declare the money, what problems could it cause?

You can legally travel to Argentina with less than U$S10k with declaring. Doing so only brings unnecessary attention, and knowledge that you have that money could be shared with people you don't want to meet. You know, the ones that want your money for themselves.

The thing that gets you the most attention is having a lot of new things you're brining in, particularly electronics. If you're not traveling with bags full of new items, and you don't have a lot of electronic devices, best not to ask for more attention. Chances are, they won't look twice at you.

You can legally travel to Argentina with less than U$S10k with declaring. Doing so only brings unnecessary attention, and knowledge that you have that money could be shared with people you don't want to meet. You know, the ones that want your money for themselves.

The thing that gets you the most attention is having a lot of new things you're brining in, particularly electronics. If you're not traveling with bags full of new items, and you don't have a lot of electronic devices, best not to ask for more attention. Chances are, they won't look twice at you.

Thats some good advice.....

Thank you for this. I'm coming to BA for 2 months. Might have a couple of shiny laptops between us and a couple of mobile phones of course but that's all on the electronics side of things. Hope that wont draw too much attention.

Thank you for this. I'm coming to BA for 2 months. Might have a couple of shiny laptops between us and a couple of mobile phones of course but that's all on the electronics side of things. Hope that wont draw too much attention.

Make sure you "plastic wrap" like crazy all of the luggage that you bring....and I mean wrap it up GOOD and lock the suitcases. I don't know if they've stopped the airport mafia from pilfering all of the luggage...I heard they made some arrests a while back no?

Anyways I'm sure their back to work already LOL

I know so many folks that have traveled here and have had stuff stolen out of their luggage at Ezeiza. Just in case cellophane wrap it like there's no tomorrow, then if it's been cut and something stolen you have "proof" with airport security. If not you'll be screwed and your laptops will show up on Mercado Libre...LOL

Back