Visiting Buenos Aires From U.s. For 1 Month

Who would ship notebooks and/or any other electronic items in their checked luggage??? Luggage gets lost, misplaced and/or stolen all over the world.

Who would ship notebooks and/or any other electronic items in their checked luggage??? Luggage gets lost, misplaced and/or stolen all over the world.

true good point...carry it as a carry-on LOL

Still.....need to wrap everything up.....don't wat the "Ezeiza Airport Luggage Mafia" to get yah....

Eric, do you by any chance bear any family connection to Pensador? Just curious.

Hi, I'm flying into Buenos Aires mid May. Is it true that there are items widely available in the U.S. (Where I'm flying from) That are pricy or even unattainable in Argentina?

You will make friends if you bring plastic bottles of McCormick chili powder (the biggest you can find because they don't weigh much).

Last year I bought four large bottles on Amazon and it actually cost less to buy fourbottles with free shipping than to buy three and pay the shipping!

You guys will laugh at this but I brought some bags of milled "grits" down with me. I'm from the south so I love grits with my eggs at breakfast. I've even taught my wife to cook homemade biscuits and gravy with "tocino" and eggs, however you want them. I wish I could get some sausage with sage in it here. She cooks american, southern style breakfasts really well, she's never failed to surprise me. She even likes these kinds of breakfasts herself which is weird for an Argentine. However she doesn't like Mexican food yet...I'm still working on that LOL..

Ben - You said: "[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Eric, do you by any chance bear any family connection to Pensador? Just curious."[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Sorry but I don't understand the question...[/background]

Make sure you "plastic wrap" like crazy all of the luggage that you bring....and I mean wrap it up GOOD and lock the suitcases. I don't know if they've stopped the airport mafia from pilfering all of the luggage...I heard they made some arrests a while back no?

Anyways I'm sure their back to work already LOL

I know so many folks that have traveled here and have had stuff stolen out of their luggage at Ezeiza. Just in case cellophane wrap it like there's no tomorrow, then if it's been cut and something stolen you have "proof" with airport security. If not you'll be screwed and your laptops will show up on Mercado Libre...LOL

While it is customary to have luggage wrapped in plastic at Ezeiza (to prevent pilferage while it is waiting to be loaded onto planes that are leaving Argentina), it is not something that I have seen in the US for flights coming to Argentina. The TSA would probably cut it off to inspect the contents of what they would automatically consider "suspect" luggage. If you use locks be sure they are TSA approved.

Luggage arriving at Ezeiza usually goes straight from the plane to the baggage claim area. There isn't really much of an opportunity for pilferage and I don't think anyone has ever posted in this forum that it happened to them. I've flown into EZE with as many as five checked bags and never had a problem.

One "shiny" laptop and mobile phone in a carry-on and not in the original boxes shouldn't be a problem unless they ask you to turn them on and they are obviously new. I don't think that happens very often.

PS: There was a "typo" in wineguy's post about bringing in money. Here is the sentence to which I have add the missing syllable:"You can legally travel to Argentina with less than U$S10k without declaring. His advice is excellent.

Luggage arriving at Ezeiza usually goes straight from the plane to the baggage claim area. There isn't really much of an opportunity for pilferage and I don't think anyone has ever posted in this forum that it happened to them. I've flown into EZE with as many as five checked bags and never had a problem.

I have had a bag arrive opened at Ezeiza, with everything turned over but nothing, apparently, missing. Luggage theft remains a serious problem there thanks, no doubt, to the presence of those "born without the ability to consider others."

I have had a bag arrive opened at Ezeiza, with everything turned over but nothing, apparently, missing. Luggage theft remains a serious problem there thanks, no doubt, to the presence of those "born without the ability to consider others."

There's no guarantee - at all - that it didn't happen in the origin airport. US airports are not exactly immune to luggage theft, some less so than others.

There's no guarantee - at all - that it didn't happen in the origin airport. US airports are not exactly immune to luggage theft, some less so than others.

Just in the past week baggage handlers in Miami were caught on video stealing from luggage : http://www.dailymail...rty-claims.html

Some of my bags were opened on both of my previous return flights from the USA, possibly because I had several pieces of stainless steel cookware in them and/or several Nikkor lenses and Photomic camera bodies.

Nothing was missing and there was at least one TSA note in the bags (each time) that informed me they had been "officially" inspected.

While it is customary to have luggage wrapped in plastic at Ezeiza (to prevent pilferage while it is waiting to be loaded onto planes that are leaving Argentina), it is not something that I have seen in the US for flights coming to Argentina. The TSA would probably cut it off to inspect the contents of what they would automatically consider "suspect" luggage. If you use locks be sure they are TSA approved.

One "shiny" laptop and mobile phone in a carry-on and not in the original boxes shouldn't be a problem unless they ask you to turn them on and they are obviously new. I don't think that happens very often.

PS: There was a "typo" in wineguy's post about bringing in money. Here is the sentence to which I have add the missing syllable:"You can legally travel to Argentina with less than U$S10k without declaring. His advice is excellent.

When my wifes Uncle returned last year from Miami to Ezeiza his bags were pilfered.They stole a new camera that was a gift for my "suegra" and took some toys out that he had bought for his grandkids. They cut it open with something sharp and slipped the stuff out through the side..

I know of another couple who had some stuff stolen coming back from the US through Ezeiza also.... but a few years back

Back