Visiting Buenos Aires From U.s. For 1 Month

Wineguy -- why do you advise not declaring money brought in? Isn't this asking for trouble if it is found on you? If you do declare the money, what problems could it cause?

You can bring in less than $10,000 U.S. without having to declare it. If it's less than the limit I wouldn't declare it. You'd be asking for trouble upon leaving Ezeiza with a potential robbery.

Also, cuevas only take clean unmarked bills. If it has a stain on it they might take it but won't give you the same rate.

When my wifes Uncle returned last year from Miami to Ezeiza his bags were pilfered.They stole a new camera that was a gift for my "suegra" and took some toys out that he had bought for his grandkids. They cut it open with something sharp and slipped the stuff out through the side..

I know of another couple who had some stuff stolen coming back from the US through Ezeiza also.... but a few years back

Is there anyway of knowing if the pilferage occurred in Miami or at Ezeiza? Considering the hidden videos released last week that show the baggage handlers in Miami stealing from luggage waiting to be loaded onto planes, I think that it's more likely the pilferage occurred in Miami.

There has been at least one "group" arrest of baggage handlers at EZE since I moved to Argentina and I believe that they were caught stealing from outbound luggage.

Is there anyway of knowing if the pilferage occurred in Miami or at Ezeiza? Considering the hidden videos released last week that show the baggage handlers in Miami stealing from luggage waiting to be loaded onto planes, I think that it's more likely the pilferage occurred in Miami.

There has been at least one "group" arrest of baggage handlers at EZE since I moved to Argentina and I believe that they were caught stealing from outbound luggage.

That was early last year right? I remember reading about that....

Back