wanting to make some girl friends.....

On a different note...my name is Sandra and I am coming to BA all on my own...yes ALL ON MY OWN apart from my dog that is -so I m not sure in which category I belong according to the string of emails I have just finished reading! I am looking to find likeminded girls who love dogs and animals in general. My dog is called Bobo and he is a great Alsacian. I have had him for 4 years now and simply couldn t leave him behind. I m not sure I want to hang out with dogwalkers -apparently a profession in BA- and I would really like to find a friend for Bobo too. So any of you smug or non-smug doglovers out there to join me for walks? I ve heard the parks in Palermo are great.
Sandra

Dear Sandra,
I am more than happy to go dogwalking with you. Dogs and children simply adore me from the moment we meet. I have some spare time and my guy isnt that keen on dogs so more than happy to meet up with you and spend time with Bobo. He sounds wonderful! I can show you around BA so you can find your way quickly and I am sure we will get on really well.
Now, I have two other matters I want to deal with:
Ernie: I am French but lived in the UK for 4 years and I have never met a single gentleman out there. The only thing I and my other girlfriends bumped into were rude men, on the tube, in the bars, never offering their seats even to pregnant women! Unbelievable really. So where there is hot, there should be could, wet vs dry etc. If there are no gentlemen left then why on earth should I or anyone else be a lady. This is a dog-eat-dog world (sorry if this offends you Sandra asI know you love dogs) and it is each to their own.
Priscilla, Patt and Granny Apple: I am sure glad that you Golden Oldies have found each other and will look out for 3 grey cradlesnatchers downing caipiroskas at the Per Sherton. Don t you women have any morals? Going for such young guys when you have families????
xxx Lucy
ps So sorry to hear about your computer crash Apple Pie, I would have really loved to read all your inspiring comments.

Well, well, well, what a wonderful wave of women that have just washed up on these shores...................about time girls! where have you all been?
Yes, absolutely to the golden girls doing capirioska's at the Sheraton Pilar. All ages marital status and colours welcome. We need to plan in advance, then I shall call the hotel to make sure they get in enough limes to keep up with us! Strange how the Argentines think limes are green lemons! That's a point, who knows how one say's Lime in Spanish? because I have yet to find an Argentine that knows. But I am sure our darling knight Ernie will come to the rescue with the answer to that one.
Anyway, what wicked girls we have in our midst. I can not wait for us all to get together. I get back to B.A. some time next week, if all meetings go to plan this end and will start to organise something when my brain is functioning after that hell flight from London.
I will post my new friends Priscilla and Patt when I have a moment, with my numbers. So, I look forwad to seeing all the girlies soon, NO DOGS ALLOWED IN THE BAR, ;-)) except one's that fit in Prada or Fendi.
besos

just another note to say I made a booboo typo on my first long post, I meant to say
THE BAR AT THE PILAR SHERATON
not the sherton or anything similar, hope you can still come hahaha!
If not, I can drive in to town and we can check out the caipiroska's at the Alvear, or similar, I know they do great prices on champagne by the glass for the timid. I like the hotels for drinks with girlfriends because NOBODY bothers you.

Hel;lo Ladies,
The scientific name of the lime tree/fruit is citrus x aurantifolia. It does not grow in this country and, since it looks like a green lemon, people often confuse them. I am not sure what they are called here, but I have heard these being used at different places.
Limón sutil
Limón ceutí,
Limón mexicano
I hope this helps.
Cheers
Ernie

Hi there
I am a singla gal from Sydney coming to BA for a month in November on my own...just need to get away for a while..plus I want to upgrade my spanish skills! :)
I don't know anyone there so would love to meet up with you girls if you plan anything during my stay.
Just keep me posted on anything going on from around th15th November.
Looking forward to seeing BA and meeting some fun and interesting people!
Emma :)

Quote Lucy's response to Ernie's note
Ernie I am French but lived in the UK for 4 years and I have never met a single gentleman out there. The only thing I and my other girlfriends bumped into were rude men, on the tube, in the bars, never offering their seats even to pregnant women! Unbelievable really. So where there is hot, there should be could, wet vs dry etc. If there are no gentlemen left then why on earth should I or anyone else be a lady. This is a dog-eat-dog world (sorry if this offends you Sandra asI know you love dogs) and it is each to their own."
Well, being that you are French Lucy explains it all and you are almost forgiven.
You never met any gentlemen in the UK because you were obviously hanging out with the wrong crowd and lets not even mention the rudness of the Parisian's. I studied in Paris and have to say that while the French are known to be rude the Parisian's really scrape the bucket when it comes to common courtesy and making people feel welcome. Lets not even speak of how badly received the Britsh and American's are in France, which is sad considering it is we loudmothed races that liberated your arrogant arses from the Germans. But hey, you have selective memories as small as a frogs arse :))
another quote
"Priscilla, Patt and Granny Apple: I am sure glad that you Golden Oldies have found each other and will look out for 3 grey cradlesnatchers downing caipiroskas at the Per Sherton. Don t you women have any morals? Going for such young guys when you have families????"
Morals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats a bit like calling the kettle black!
and what makes you think we are grey cradlesnatching grannies.? My husband is the same age as me and he is a professional sportsman, so work that out sweetie!
and as for there being no ladies left, you may speak for yourself but not for the rest of us, There are no ladies left in France because the french riff raff chopped their heads off!
MmmmWwwwaaaaaaa
xxx

Fendi or Prada - hay!
I am still trying on different looks - so much fun. In fact I just ran into my hairdresser on the street tonight. He asked how I liked what he did the last time. I hated the color I DID and told him - TAKE IT OFF! I closed my eyes (and prayed).
On the street tonight I told him that for the first two days I jumped back at the mirror in shock - ja -but I am getting used to the Annie Lenox look. (bordered chemo recovery look - but it is not the clothes or the hair - it is the woman - if you got it inside you can carry ANYTHING off.) - ja
Hair - Si - Pato es muy valiente. (and if you think LuckyL that a woman of my aging and decripid years...well...if he was going to walk or run away because of my HAIR or lack of...you do not understand SPIRIT or SOUL and the connections it can bring. I chastize you not. It is not my way. I send you love and acceptance and hope that someday in this lifetime or perhaps another you let go of your judgements and live and be in the best possible space that we percieve time to be.
Houston - we have NO problem here.
So Fendi and Prada...I left my Ralph Lauren American Girl Professional Speaker clothes in BOSTON for when I need to do gigs. Only brought some silk suits and strappy sandals and bohemian things - oh and of course stuff to get filthy (watch your thoughts) walking campos y fincas in the summer.
Let´s do drinks in town - Pilar is a pain in the culo to get to.
Que Barbaro. Dale. Keep me posted
P

Sorry ...could not resist...
Whats the difference between a married pregnant woman on a train/bus/collectivo and a pregnant woman engaged to a doctor?
Nothing.....you show them the same respect...unless your name is Lucky lucy...
Can't wait for the Pilar cocktails....would love to join in!!!!!!!!!!
Beso X

Back