Wendy's is back...

I just saw a Wendy's last night and was shocked. I don't eat fast food but I used to enjoy the occasional spicy chicken sandwich. Wendy's is so weird, it comes and goes in lots of cities. We always had them in my city growing up then they disappeared for about 3 years, now they are making a come back!

Yeah, they disappeared from St. Louis for a few years then came back recently.

Anyone know when the Belgrano location will open?

I passed it today on Cabildo and it looked open.

Update: my wife stopped by it and they said they are opening on Friday

according to their Facebook page they have not opened yet and don't have a set date. Although they did do a free sampling on Friday and opened doors for a limited time.

Now you see it, now you don't...not only Wendy's, but Pizza Hut, KFC, MacDonald's and others, hurry up stuff yourself before it disappears. :p

Lucas said:
Now you see it, now you don't...not only Wendy's, but Pizza Hut, KFC, MacDonald's and others, hurry up stuff yourself before it disappears. :p

Do you think that Wendy, The Colonel, and Ronald are likely to be kidnapped soon? :eek:

Or decretoed out of existence? :rolleyes:

After all, this is Argentina. :p

steveinbsas said:
Do you think that Wendy, The Colonel, and Ronald are likely to be kidnapped soon? :eek:

Or decretoed out of existence? :rolleyes:

After all, this is Argentina. :p

I smell another conspiracy. :rolleyes:

Please take away Starbucks FIRST! It actually has potential to permanently damage the local cafe culture -- an institution in BA whereas the others are just unhealthy eyesores. Starbucks will do to the small cafe what Farmacity is doing to the corner drug store --- they are botch predatory killers ---very sad.

surfing said:
Please take away Starbucks FIRST! It actually has potential to permanently damage the local cafe culture -- an institution in BA whereas the others are just unhealthy eyesores. Starbucks will do to the small cafe what Farmacity is doing to the corner drug store --- they are botch predatory killers ---very sad.

While I love the café culture in Buenos Aires, and particularly receiving a shot of soda water with my order to cleanse my pallet after destroying it with a cortado, the coffee culture in this city is worth destroying and thankfully Starbucks is doing that.

I don't care if Starbucks stays or goes, just as long as it kills the coffee culture in this city before leaving. A "World Class" City should not have shitty coffee.

"While I love the café culture in Buenos Aires, and particularly receiving a shot of soda water with my order to cleanse my pallet after destroying it with a cortado, the coffee culture in this city is worth destroying and thankfully Starbucks is doing that."

Sorry, but that's sort of like wishing for cancer to cure a head cold.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Smcali23 Expat Life 52
Back