Western Union money transfer

sweet sassy, time to move the rent money.

Well it's likely it would go up another ~2 pesos tomorrow to about 139/140 (WU rate is updated daily between 3pm and 5 pm based on some average of the start of day trading value and mid-day value). There is a pressure on the Dolar liqui which is used as a reference price for WU as the government seems to be cracking down on 'las cuevas' y 'los arbolitos' in microcentro. On top of this, the sale of 'legal' dollar (dolar ahorro) is suspended for at lease a few more days as banks are having technical issues complying with the new rules by the BCRA. Is the rate going to go up much higher than 140? Idk but I think 140 is a very very good rate so yes jump on it if you can.

Euro is now 161 pesos on Western Union for those of a EUR persuasion.

Last edited:
Well it's likely it would go up another ~2 pesos tomorrow to about 139/140 (WU rate is updated daily between 3pm and 5 pm based on some average of the start of day trading value and mid-day value). There is a pressure on the Dolar liqui which is used as a reference price for WU as the government seems to be cracking down on 'las cuevas' y 'los arbolitos' in microcentro. On top of this, the sale of 'legal' dollar (dolar ahorro) is suspended for at lease a few more days as banks are having technical issues complying with the new rules by the BCRA. Is the rate going to go up much higher than 140? Idk but I think 140 is a very very good rate so yes jump on it if you can.

This is good enough for this month. Hope for better next month. I moved Apts last month and moved from a dollar based to a pesos based lease. Things are already better.

I did the math and even paying 1.5mo penalty I'm going to be money ahead is 2 months.

Excuse my naivety but is this thread mainly for those who aren't 'permanent' residents? Although I've heard of it I haven't a clue what Western Union is or who it is for.

135 today guys.
yes really strange it should have been up to 138-9. I am still trying to figure out the algorithm they use. In any case the Liqui is up to 146 today so maybe the WU will go up to 144-5 tomorrow? Let’s see what happens.

What's interesting is the ccl is higher than the blue right now. Last time it was like this was before covid.

Hi all! Newbie here, can anyone tell me if you need to fill out any paperwork to receive cash on hand the first time? I want to send around $1500usd today/tomorrow and is there a number to call WU to find out if they have that cash in hand to payout? Cant go to the main one in the city for it, Im out by Benavidez or Tortuguitas.

Or if anyone can refer to someone that receives Paypal or similar to give me pesos here in B.A.

Thanks for all your help?

Back