What are the best job options to make enough money to stay in BA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou Nikad,

I will try that, but for the first four years before then everything arrived.

Sorry Igor,
I apologise
your post disappeared then came back????????????ha ha maybe someones monitoring you!

well, i don't post much here these days as i left argentina for chile in february..,but i like keeping up with the bickering on this forum...it's fun way to start the day :) as for quality, the only argentine brand that has consistently lasted the distance for me has been kosiuku jeans. i wear jeans i bought over 3 years ago and they still have a long way to run. i have about 5 pairs of kosiuku trousers and they're all pretty decent quality. other argentine big brands haven't lasted more than 19 months. kosiuku is obviously top-line argentine clothing but it's still 50% cheaper than the brand it's clearly modelled on (-Diesel-). having said that, in december 2003 i bought the most expensive jeans in the shop at 76 pesos. last time i was back in BA in June, the most expensive jeans were 210. hmmm...

AuntieApple, I thought you and I were similar but having read your comments with respect to Montana's question, I feel really disappointed. If you want to be respected in life, you have to show respect to others. From your comments, it is clear to me that you have no respect for anyone and it is also very clear that you do need to get a life. SandraKa, you took the words right out of my mouth and I want to thank you also for standing up for Montana. The girl deserves all credit for taking this risk. As Helen Keller (blind) said "Life is either a daring adventure or ...nothing" so you go girl.
Priscilla

Meaning:
"what´s the price of ignorance and stupidity? many can´t afford to do anything, others can, but are too poor at the same time."

When I read posts saying that they gave $100 pesos to a girl in the streets, or others like needing 2000 dollars for rent, or that they eat out everyday or need 500 dollars per week, etc, I think in stupidity. It´s very noble to do charity and take action, but the intention of writing it here, is just to save face to justify a luxurios life in a country that it´s hard to have a decent life. There has always been extremes, poor and rich, but money is not good enough to measure anything.

"galalita" said:
Meaning:
"what´s the price of ignorance and stupidity? many can´t afford to do anything, others can, but are too poor at the same time."

When I read posts saying that they gave $100 pesos to a girl in the streets, or others like needing 2000 dollars for rent, or that they eat out everyday or need 500 dollars per week, etc, I think in stupidity. It´s very noble to do charity and take action, but the intention of writing it here, is just to save face to justify a luxurios life in a country that it´s hard to have a decent life. There has always been extremes, poor and rich, but money is not good enough to measure anything.
Which foreigner does Argentina want
A: A foreigner who stays six months, shares a appartment with 5 persons, spends 500 dollar a month in Argentina
or
B: A foreigner who buys his own property and spends 3000 dollar a month in Argentina?

READ my post to Montana CAREFULLY PRICILLA!
it amazes me how we see posts like this more and more. Quite honestly Sarah its a bit late to ask us what we think as you are almost in the air.
Why do people take such risks? Why dont you do your research and networking BEFORE you decide to take the big step of crossing the world to a place where you have no connections no apartment and no job? That's not adventure, that's stupidity. and let me say I have travelled all over the globe and been very "adventurous" desert, remote jungle, but that does not entail being irresponsible.
I am sorry for being so tough on this but I get sick to death of hearing people that arrive in Agentina wingeing about how they cant pay their rent or cant earn enough teaching .........................wait for it............. ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE!
So many people think that Argentina is the place to go to bum around on 20cents. Well that is not the case as many of us here can testify. Argentina is pretty comfortable if you have an executive position or have a good income from oversea's . But if one is looking to arrive here to earn megga bucks locally and live the life of riley its just not going to happen. I think you would probably need to be taking home clear at least US$2,500 to live reasonably O.K.
I think its unlikely you are going to get a job locally that pays you in excess of 7000 pesos. I could be completely out of sync here chaps, so any comments will be useful. I know I could not live with less than that if I was living alone.
I have no advice except make sure you have aflexible return air ticket and next time be more responsible!
How possible / realistic is this would you say? Any connections or advice for me?
Now this was in honest repsponse to this from Montana,,,,pay attention!....................................................................................
"How possible / realistic is this would you say? Any connections or advice for me?
I truly appreciate your help!"
Montana did not say "tell me what I want to hear" now look at this gem from Patricia64:

"AuntieApple, I thought you and I were similar but having read your comments with respect to Montana's question, I feel really disappointed. If you want to be respected in life, you have to show respect to others. From your comments, it is clear to me that you have no respect for anyone and it is also very clear that you do need to get a life. SandraKa, you took the words right out of my mouth and I want to thank you also for standing up for Montana. The girl deserves all credit for taking this risk. As Helen Keller (blind) said "Life is either a daring adventure or ...nothing" so you go girl."
now what has my comments to Montana have to do with
"it is clear to me that you have no respect for anyone and it is also very clear that you do need to get a life."
how sad it is that so many are only good at sighing and nodding, sitting on the fence, Well that attitude is not about respect, on the contrary, its shows you are not prepared to get your hands dirty for the truth. Im the first person to go up and tell someone in a public place " erm excuse me you have a patch on the back of your skirt" or "excuse me you look lost/upset/worried are you O.K." " is the person bothering you, should I call someone"

My later comments were after there were insults thrown at a couple of others and myself. In particular at Lee, the girl from L.A
was completely attacked because she said she likes a nice lifestyle. The comments from those that attacked her of course did not lack respect. Why did you not jump to her aid? Of course not! you would have to stick your neck out. Get you hands dirty and risk being attacked yourself!
As Mussolini said and Granada loves this one
"its better to live one day as a lion than one hundred as a sheep"
Remind me to send a truck over with a bale of hay!

Sorry I have a serious script error on the last post .
the part that was totally corrupted was meant to say.
I rresponded to others (not Montana) When Lee from L.A. was completely attacked because she said she likes a nice lifestyle. The comments by those that attacked her of course did not lack respect. Why did you not jump to her aid then? Of course not! you would have to stick your neck out. Get your hands dirty and risk being attacked yourself by the "rabble" as I put it. Thats the pack of wolves that moves in for the kill. But in a pack they are fine alone they would never make a noise. You move with the pack irrelavent what the true facts are!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back