Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Getting cat declawed

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Making Blueberry Cheesecake Empanadas en estilo GMX

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Waitin' for Messi en estilo Waitin' for Godot

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters
That wasn't part of the syllabus in parrot school? Well, I guess you'll never know and have to stick to repeating the sentences you learned :)

For someone who professes their hatred for football on every thread its on, you sure want to know a lot about the rules.

I do not hate soccer, but the devotion to a game that can't decide on a true winner for each game is bewildering. In a real sport, you play until someone wins.

I do not hate soccer, but the devotion to a game that can't decide on a true winner for each game is bewildering. In a real sport, you play until someone wins.

You do have a true winner when it is required, in a cup or something. In a league the winner is decided over a number of games.

You do have a true winner when it is required, in a cup or something. In a league the winner is decided over a number of games.

A sport that can't declare a winner in each game is not a sport; they could remedy that by playing overtime until someone actually scores. Otherwise, it qualifies as an activity, perhaps.

A sport that can't declare a winner in each game is not a sport; they could remedy that by playing overtime until someone actually scores. Otherwise, it qualifies as an activity, perhaps.

They do do that, in a playoff when there is a needed winner on that day they play penalties until someone wins.

They do do that, in a playoff when there is a needed winner on that day they play penalties until someone wins.

I can only conclude that soccer players lack the will and conditioning to win.

Nobody in a basketball game would even think of shooting free throws to decide a winner - you play as much extra time as needed, in five-minute increments.

In baseball, there is no tyranny of the clock whatsoever - you play until somebody wins, no matter how long it takes.

I can only conclude that soccer players lack the will and conditioning to win.

Nobody in a basketball game would even think of shooting free throws to decide a winner - you play as much extra time as needed, in five-minute increments.

In baseball, there is no tyranny of the clock whatsoever - you play until somebody wins, no matter how long it takes.

In internet forums there's no time limit and no cap on the number of redundant posts someone can make.

You need to watch some cricket, then! It is possible to have a three day test match with no winner. :)

Back