What food do you miss the most?

What food do you miss the most?

• N.American: Mash Potatoes, Mac & Cheese, Sloppy Joes, Turkey Sandwiches, Green Bean Casseroles etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Real Big Salads: Caesar, Chicken, Mexican, Veggie etc

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Pizza & Beer: Deep dish & thin with various topping, spicy sauce & Beer

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Tai Food: Spicy Pat Tai, Tai soup, Paneng, lettuce wraps, green chicken curry.etc.

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • N.Mexican: Burritos, Tostadas, Tacos, Nachos, Soup etc.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Other?

Votes: 20 42.6%

• Total voters
starlucia said:
The Cadbury's in Argentina (produced in, I believe, Brazil) is AWFUL. I did find the Felfort 70% once, but it was 8.50 pesos for 50 grams!!! Don't worry, at the moment I'm in Europe and binging out on the French-made extra-dark chocolate with almonds (one euro and a half for 200 grams... mmmmmm :)

When CADBURY was first introduced in Argentina several years ago, it did not sell well, so of course being a foreign company they decided to do some market research. What they found was Argentines found the chocolate to be too bitter and hard. So the answer was to add 30% more sugar and 30% more milk to their chocolate sold in this part of the world. So while the name is the same as the product in Europe, it's drastically sweeter and has a lot more dairy in it as well, which of course overpowers the chocolate. This was explained to me by a product manager at Cadbury Argentina.

It's a lot sweeter in South Africa too, but tastes different to here....I'd like to know what their proportions are!

steveinbsas said:
I haven't lived in the US for almost eleven years and haven't had a beer there in over 15 years.

Is beer really that bad in Argentina compared to the US?

Is it really that much more expensive?

Please provide some comparisons.

I'm just curious.

Wow, A LOT has changed in 15 years. Craft beers are everywhere and your options are endless. It's incredible. For about $8 a 6-pack, you can get some tasty hand crafted beer. Special releases and seasonal beers tend to be more expensive though.

To give you an idea how many breweries are out there, check out this list for only Colorado:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/breweries/brewers-directory-6-213.htm

I love peanut butter, but Nutella is better.

Nutella and jelly sandwiches, mmmm.

mcaffa said:
Nutella is NO replacement for peanut butter. Nada que ver.

TheBlackHand said:
I love peanut butter, but Nutella is better.

Nutella and jelly sandwiches, mmmm.
Anuther bluidy prevert :D:D

I miss eating peruvian food in front of the beach! fish or seafood or mixed or raw black shellfish ceviche, rice with seafood, peruvian grilled chicken and its yellow spicy sauce, chicha morada, Cuzqueña beer etc etc etc...

Am I the only one who doesn't really miss the food I would love to eat if it were available? IMO that just makes the next trip home or elsewhere that much sweeter.

Hershey's chocolate (now you can get it in Bs. As.), Bagels, corned beef sandwich, ny style pizza...

El Duderino said:
I forgot to rant about the beer scene here. It's abysmal. I'm a hophead and I can't find anything to satisfy the craving. Antares has an IPA right now, but it's easily the worst IPA I've ever had.

All you have here is bland domestic and imported beer, and it's all expensive. :(

The IPA at Buller's in Recoleta is legit. It's no Dogfish 90 minute or Surly Furious but it's legit.

Back