What food do you miss the most?

What food do you miss the most?

• N.American: Mash Potatoes, Mac & Cheese, Sloppy Joes, Turkey Sandwiches, Green Bean Casseroles etc.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Real Big Salads: Caesar, Chicken, Mexican, Veggie etc

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Pizza & Beer: Deep dish & thin with various topping, spicy sauce & Beer

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Tai Food: Spicy Pat Tai, Tai soup, Paneng, lettuce wraps, green chicken curry.etc.

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • N.Mexican: Burritos, Tostadas, Tacos, Nachos, Soup etc.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Other?

Votes: 20 42.6%

• Total voters
I never realized how much I enjoy eating beans until I came here. They're very difficult to find. Any leads?

Peanut butter
bagels, bagels bagels!
I love Argentinean pizza, not big fan of NY pizza, but also love Deep dish!!
thai food,
seaweed salad, why there is no seaweed salad in South American japanese rest?
Pancakes, syrup

Thanksgiving dinner and overall thanksgiving food :)

Love the list in this thread - I'm going back to visit next week and I can't wait to get my fill of everything I've been missing! Thin crust pizza, root beer, Dr. Pepper, fresh fish, berries, ice cream sandwiches...

Anyone else going to diet before going back home so you can pig out on all the missed foods?

hepdoll said:
Love the list in this thread - I'm going back to visit next week and I can't wait to get my fill of everything I've been missing! Thin crust pizza, root beer, Dr. Pepper, fresh fish, berries, ice cream sandwiches...

Oh my goodness, ROOTBEER!! I miss rootbeer. jajaja

my cat misses Pet Guard Cat food, chicken flavor, and she misses Newmans' dry food for Adult Cats. just a suggestion whoever is going to make a business through this please we need organic pet food, they sell garbage out here.

I forgot to rant about the beer scene here. It's abysmal. I'm a hophead and I can't find anything to satisfy the craving. Antares has an IPA right now, but it's easily the worst IPA I've ever had.

All you have here is bland domestic and imported beer, and it's all expensive. :(

El Duderino said:
I never realized how much I enjoy eating beans until I came here. They're very difficult to find. Any leads?

you can find some canned beans (black, pinto) but they are expensive, and the usual kind on the shelves are the garbanzo and alubial (?) white beans. For other types of beans, learn to plan ahead and cook them from dry. You can get lots of kinds of dry beans in barrio chino! :) they're cheap and a lot healthier when you make them for yourself, too, the only downside is the prep time.

Back