What Food From Your Home Country Did The Argentinians Ruin?

I've had stroopwaffels, they sold those at Trader Joe's in San Diego, imported from the Netherlands.

I just wanted to share with you that tonight I dodged milanesa de soya. I was fed these last week and not even mayonnaise could have disguised them as food.

I went to sleep on a empty stomach. You should be so proud.

This assumptions may sound a little weird, but to me it looks that you are either a dog or you are typing from jail. "I was fed"? You know you can choose what you want to eat and what you don't want to eat, don't you?

She's in a guest house apparently. She could have ordered food or gone out to eat somewhere though.

Milanesas can be horrible. Some are not too bad. But the poor woman was fed milanesas all week long last week. Is there anything else for the love of God?

I just wanted to share with you that tonight I dodged milanesa de soya. I was fed these last week and not even mayonnaise could have disguised them as food.

I went to sleep on a empty stomach. You should be so proud.

Mayonnaise is not food either.

Something I cannot understand in a country which has excellent beef is how Argentines cannot make a decent hamburger (and no, I'm not talking about Mcdonalds). How hard is it to make a decent hamburger?? If I want one, I always have to go to either A) a restaurant that makes U.S. cuisine, or B) make it myself. Every time I go somewhere and they say that we are eating hamburgers, I sort of cringe. If there is chorizo I opt out for the choripan (which I love). What is so hard about making a good hamburger? How come they can't figure out something that is so simple? Terrible bread, a wafer thin piece of meat, the worst quality cheese that can be found (God forbid it is Argentine cheddar), etc. I am fascinated that such a simple thing to make cannot be done well.

If there is chorizo I opt out for the choripan (which I love).
Don't get me started about chorizo/choripan. My stomach invariably enters an emergency state during hours whenever I eat a choripan, at whatever location, somewhere in town or at someone's asado, it's tempting food but I always feel really bad afterwards.

Back