Who Has Dollar Fever?

Do you have Dollar Fever?

• I'm an Argentine and I have Dollar Fever.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I'm an Argentine and I do NOT have Dollar Fever.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I'm an Expat and I have Dollar Fever.

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I'm an Expat and i do NOT have Dollar Fever.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It seems being a president of a country means you cannot possibly be an idiot, or at least do idiotic things. I will never give automatic respect to anyone because of a title, surely it has to be earned, so yeah she is an idiot and is (with the backup of history) running this G20 country into the ground while making herself and her cohorts very rich indeed. Oh wait, maybe not such an idiot after all.

I'll have a liter of Quilmes with my fugazetta.

I am amused that somebody finds shoes that cost under $200 US expensive.

Jimmy Choo's, or Loboutins routinely sell for 4 to ten times that much.

George W. Bush has over 60 pairs of cowboy boots that cost, at a minimum, $800 or so US dollars each.

A decent pair of Red Wing steel toed work boots in the USA goes for around $300- thats 4200 pesos at the blue- and believe me, trophy wives dont wear steel toed Red Wings.

There are a lot of men in europe and the USA who routinely spend much more than 2500 pesos on shoes- a pair of made to order John Lobb shoes in London these days start somewhere in the $4000 US range.

Those are not valid arguments, we are not talking about integrity of components in the industry and the best you can do is come out with "She wears Pravda"?. Have a good day.

Sorry No arguments there just a Quote from La Nacion ... not my words!

It seems being a president of a country means you cannot possibly be an idiot, or at least do idiotic things. I will never give automatic respect to anyone because of a title, surely it has to be earned, so yeah she is an idiot and is (with the backup of history) running this G20 country into the ground while making herself and her cohorts very rich indeed. Oh wait, maybe not such an idiot after all.

There are at least 3 titles I can think of off hand that people seem wrongly believe automatically ensure the intelligence of the holder of the titles, as well as requiring the respect of the mere mortals around them. The titles I'm thinking of are PhD (Doctorate), Lawyer, and President. There are an awful lot of people out there who have held at least one of these titles and proven themselves to be an idiot. Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner holds all three, perhaps that makes her triple the idiot.

To Wild Horses: Respecting people just because they are President is a very dangerous thing indeed. I would suspect anyone who has lived through a dictatorship and come out the other side would realise this. Presidency can be gained in all sorts of dirty and horrible ways, holding that title is not a sign that the person is any better than the rest of us -- and often unfortunately, it means that they are a lot worse. Even CFK, for all her faults, embraces "democracy" and has on occasion made mention of the fact that while she doesn't like that some people may not agree with her nor respect her she is proud that that is now a right of the Argentines to have the freedom to do so.

I'll have a liter of Quilmes with my fugazetta.

I am amused that somebody finds shoes that cost under $200 US expensive.

Jimmy Choo's, or Loboutins routinely sell for 4 to ten times that much.

George W. Bush has over 60 pairs of cowboy boots that cost, at a minimum, $800 or so US dollars each.

A decent pair of Red Wing steel toed work boots in the USA goes for around $300- thats 4200 pesos at the blue- and believe me, trophy wives dont wear steel toed Red Wings.

There are a lot of men in europe and the USA who routinely spend much more than 2500 pesos on shoes- a pair of made to order John Lobb shoes in London these days start somewhere in the $4000 US range.
Yes indeed. I was headed for a business meeting the other day wearing an 800.00 USD pair of Ballys and stepped in 10 cent pile of dog shit that a 50 USD dog dropped on a 200USD sidewalk while being walked by a 2 USD whore.

Back