Who Has Dollar Fever?

Do you have Dollar Fever?

• I'm an Argentine and I have Dollar Fever.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • I'm an Argentine and I do NOT have Dollar Fever.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I'm an Expat and I have Dollar Fever.

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I'm an Expat and i do NOT have Dollar Fever.

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
And yet she is the president of a G20 country, but for you, writing on BAexpats and having a steak as a profile picture she is not inteligent. Ok.

Really? Let's check some numbers, shall we? In no GDP list does Argentina rank 20 or above. The only list that Argentina comes close is the World Bank List at #21. And, since CFK would spit at the World Bank, the IMF, and the CIA (the other organizations that produce GDP lists) and is always running to the United Nations with her panties in a wad about some affront to Argentina Pride let's take the United Nations list (2012, the most recent)

GDP in U$ Millions (Billion for expats)
Iran: U$ 551,588
Sweden: U$ 523,804
Norway: U$ 499.667
Poland: U$ 489,852
Belgium: U$ 483,402
Argentina: U$ 477,028

Iran! IRAN!!!!

Would you like to look at GDP progression by country since 1900? I'm sure you can do that on your own.

South Africa, a member of the G20, does have a lower GDP than Argentina. However, they are a placeholder for the African Continent. Since Brazil crushes Argentina in GDP (U$ 2,254,109) and South America doesn't need a minor league runner-up, please tell us why Argentina should remain a G20 member.

Argentina GDP by the new calculation that will be aproved by the IMF is 622.000 billions US$. That means that the new calculation based on 2004 includes items that did not were set on the 1993 calculation. Brazil GDP is bigger, guess why, the have 200 million people and did not have a depression like we did back in 2001. Also Argentina is a member of the G20. Do you know what G20 means? Please do not be an average Joe:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-20_major_economies

Have a good day.

It seems being a president of a country means you cannot possibly be an idiot, or at least do idiotic things. I will never give automatic respect to anyone because of a title, surely it has to be earned, so yeah she is an idiot and is (with the backup of history) running this G20 country into the ground while making herself and her cohorts very rich indeed. Oh wait, maybe not such an idiot after all.
Well, you abvously do not know anything about what happned in the last 11 years, don't you? How does include 10 million people into the middle class and creating 6 million new jobs qualify as running the country into the ground? First year in 11 year that the GDP MAY be into resecion, but for you that it means running the country into the ground. How funny

There are at least 3 titles I can think of off hand that people seem wrongly believe automatically ensure the intelligence of the holder of the titles, as well as requiring the respect of the mere mortals around them. The titles I'm thinking of are PhD (Doctorate), Lawyer, and President. There are an awful lot of people out there who have held at least one of these titles and proven themselves to be an idiot. Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner holds all three, perhaps that makes her triple the idiot.

To Wild Horses: Respecting people just because they are President is a very dangerous thing indeed. I would suspect anyone who has lived through a dictatorship and come out the other side would realise this. Presidency can be gained in all sorts of dirty and horrible ways, holding that title is not a sign that the person is any better than the rest of us -- and often unfortunately, it means that they are a lot worse. Even CFK, for all her faults, embraces "democracy" and has on occasion made mention of the fact that while she doesn't like that some people may not agree with her nor respect her she is proud that that is now a right of the Argentines to have the freedom to do so.

You said it, Argentines. Repect for an institution that is NOT in your country and you are living in it, it means respect the wishes of the Argentine people who vote for her, is not a dictatorship. If you can not do that simple thing I recommend you to pack your bags and go back where you came from.

This, or any president, cant be an idiot, simply because there are literally MILLIONS of people wishing to ocupy that place. Talking of million people, most of them very capable, very smart, very prepared. CEOs, Macris, etc.
And in general, as much as I dont like the "race", politicians are very smart people. You have just to put on tv SenadoTV and listen their speeches, how well they articulate words. I remember, for example, Grosso, a thieve from the 90s, everybody knew he was robbing, but he was very clever, extremely cultured. Not by accident when these people want to take a break from politics, they have an important charge in some embassy or something you need to be very educated in.

So no, it cant be idiotic. Hitler neither. Idiot is not the word.

Argentina GDP by the new calculation that will be aproved by the IMF is 622.000 billions US$. That means that the new calculation based on 2004 includes items that did not were set on the 1993 calculation. Brazil GDP is bigger, guess why, the have 200 million people and did not have a depression like we did back in 2001. Also Argentina is a member of the G20. Do you know what G20 means? Please do not be an average Joe:

http://en.wikipedia....major_economies

Have a good day.

In no list does Argentina rank 20 or above. So, again, tell us why Argentina should remain in the G20 and not be kicked out?

You could make the same type of argument against France and the UK being in the UN's Security Council.

These institutions need to put into place a methodology for changing membership based on some criteria as circumstances change, e.g. GDP

Let's smoke a Peace Pipe and stop this silly bickering. We are all prone to bicker when we are suffering the slings and arrows of outrageous dollar fever.

Peace-pipe-at-MGM-press-6x8.jpeg

Back