Why Does Everyone Pick On Argentina?

Does everyone pick on Argentina?

• Yes, because they resist the Neo-Liberals

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • No, Argentina is a suffering from delusions of grandeur along with a healthy measure of paranoia

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • Not everyone picks on Argentina - just the bloody Yanquis

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
HNjzwD8.jpg

OOOOOuo that's going to stir up the hornets.

Argentina, the drama queen in the playground who thinks no one wants to play with her.

Does anybody (except the zombies who applaud her) truly believe that Crisitna is "anti-US"?? She is not in love with the U.S. however she loves the wealth that it produces. She uses the U.S. and calls them imperialist, evil empire, etc, etc to rile up her populist followers. For populism and demagoguery to work there has to be an "enemy" and a "strong arm" leader to defend the homeland against the enemy's intervention in the "patria soberana". Anybody who can't see this reality is about as naÏve as you can get. This has been done for thousands of years and unfortunatley it still works in some places on this planet, Argentina being one of them.

Ttheories are she follows the Laclau policies of populism and finding an enemy of the people.

http://en.wikipedia..../Ernesto_Laclau

Born renegades, my attraction to Argentina. Fight the establishmemt.

Paraphrasing from something I read:
Argentines have a weakness for defiant characters. The writer Jorge Luis Borges said the country sympathized with “good outlaws,” those who fought unjust laws. Like the Argentine literary character Martín Fierro, outlaws with good intentions, the heroine who never betrayed the people and was willing to defy the capitalists.

Argentines have become skeptics about the usefulness of world markets. “Here, there’s never been a market god,” says Mauricio Corbalán, 46, an urban planner who lives in Buenos Aires. “They no longer trust the neoliberal expert that says you have to pay, no matter what.”

Argentines have become skeptics about the usefulness of world markets. “Here, there’s never been a market god,” says Mauricio Corbalán, 46, an urban planner who lives in Buenos Aires. “They no longer trust the neoliberal expert that says you have to pay, no matter what.”

That is clearly evident on their disdain towards the dollar and imported goods from Miami/China.

Please camberiu, show me, explain me, how Brazil is better than Argentina. Yes, you have more industry and of course more investment, and in a lot of ways you are better organised and developed. But socially Brazil is quite different than Argentina, for worse. Social distances are a lot longer, there are more excluded than anything in Brazils society. Of course there are upper classes that have well developed their bussiness, but Im talking of Brazil society as a whole. There is a lot more poverty, more inequality, less movility.... with Lula for the first time in history after 200 years the middle class was more populous than the poor. Quite different from Argentina.
Socially, and after all that is what really matters, I mean, when we talk to make a country grow, we are talking of all of their inhabitants, dont we? Brazil is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind Argentina, and that situation of course is also a result of Kirchneristas policies of inclusion, employment, expand internal market, etc. Facts beyond discussion.

I don't think you understood the post. It shows different stages in a process of economic and social "devolution". We are all going down the same path, just at different stages of degeneration. We are all headed to Cuba, but at different paces. Brazil is behind Argentina on the process, but we are all going the same direction, unfortunately.

Please camberiu, show me, explain me, how Brazil is better than Argentina. Yes, you have more industry and of course more investment, and in a lot of ways you are better organised and developed. But socially Brazil is quite different than Argentina, for worse. Social distances are a lot longer, there are more excluded than anything in Brazils society. Of course there are upper classes that have well developed their bussiness, but Im talking of Brazil society as a whole. There is a lot more poverty, more inequality, less movility.... with Lula for the first time in history after 200 years the middle class was more populous than the poor. Quite different from Argentina.
Socially, and after all that is what really matters, I mean, when we talk to make a country grow, we are talking of all of their inhabitants, dont we? Brazil is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind Argentina, and that situation of course is also a result of Kirchneristas policies of inclusion, employment, expand internal market, etc. Facts beyond discussion.

Matías, you need to lighten up a little. We might argue whether Brazil or any other country is better than Argentina, but that's not the point of the cartoon Camberiu forwarded (which I find amusing, though I consider it a gross oversimplification).

Back