Why Does Everyone Pick On Argentina?

Does everyone pick on Argentina?

• Yes, because they resist the Neo-Liberals

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • No, Argentina is a suffering from delusions of grandeur along with a healthy measure of paranoia

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • Not everyone picks on Argentina - just the bloody Yanquis

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Am pretty sure paying what you owe isnt a "*neo-liberal" concept?----*a term which about much meaning as "turkey twizzler")

If I borrow some money off a mate I am not bowing down in front of the great Satan if I pay him back am I?

Now, if my mate turns up, tries to steal my boat and produces a lawyer telling me I owe him 1068%, then yeah, I'm allowed to tell him to go fck himself.

Argentines have long blamed the US for their problems. It's a legacy of Peronism. It's a convenient subterfuge for corrupt politicians and their compliant "constituents". The Argentine people are not especially good at introspection. I believe that it is a reflection of the superficiality of the culture. On the surface BA looks sophisticated but it is more patina than substance. At a far more significant level Porteños are obsessed with status, image, bragging, outdoing each other. There is less than minimal sense of community, little concern for the well being of the nation. It is a country without much of an identity that asserts itself in negativity and finger pointing rather than in the constructive pursuits of nation building. The political system, being closed and corrupt (especially in the poorer provinces where feudalistic caudillismo rules), excludes those capable individuals who could lead the nation to prosperity and more genuine democracy. It is a nation forever trapped in its own narrowness and limitations, its refusal to look beyond the confines of its prejudices. If Argentina did not have vast natural and human resources, few people would bother to express their disappointment over the current state of affairs. The shocking state of economic and social decay that exists today highlights the nation's ongoing failures. In reality, though, few foreigners think or care about Argentina. Argentines arrogantly think that it matters to Americans and Europeans when in reality it was off their radar to begin with.
Good thing you said Argentina several times, other wise you could have been describing almost any other country in the world.

I dont wanna start a discussion here. I just gonna say I am amazed of some beliefs here.
They have the idea that the US intervention was something about the 60s and 70s during the cold war and thats it. That after dictatorship they magically resigned to all of their interests, that the geopolitical interests disappeared after that. (And before! just google Braden o Peron).
They do not have interests in the region, they do not have US companies in almost every country with big nexus with the US government or their foreign policies. They do not have military bases in Guyana, Colombia, Peru, Paraguay and probably in the future in Uruguay.
Its the same way of thinking that ISIS or Islam State is not a product of the US because they left a few months before. Or that the presence of Al Qaeda in Irak and Siria (which started after the US went to Irak in 2003) has not increased because of how the US managed those countries but because they are evil terrorists and must be killed.

The US has a ot of inside jobs in every country in the region. For instance, they are organising the narco problem to all the countries of the region, they are increasing it. Just because it is what they assigned to the region. And like the narco problem they have lots of others issues.

Matías, you need to lighten up a little. We might argue whether Brazil or any other country is better than Argentina, but that's not the point of the cartoon Camberiu forwarded (which I find amusing, though I consider it a gross oversimplification).
Isn't it the very nature of cartoons to be a Gross Simplification?

Back