Why Isn't Tevez On The Team?

Joe

Registered
I met Tevez in a parilla in San Telmo several years ago. Actually I didn't know who he was, but the Argentines in my party became very excited and in the end he posed for some photos with them. He was very gracious about it.

Is there some "political" reason he's not playing?

Sabella doesn't think he's good enough or a trouble maker and hasn't picked him for the national team.

Tevez is trouble. I like him, but there's no denying he's the type of player that can cause a ruckus in the locker room. He also seems to have issues with authority.

In England he sat on the bench for for quite a while because of personal issues and problems with his coach. He's been heavily fined, arrested, etc etc. He just can't keep his act straight, despite all his talent.

A couple of reasons come to mind:

If I remember correctly, he was showed the red card in two consecutive international games playing with la seleccion. I think the second one was his last appearance (please correct me if I'm wrong.)

And as mentioned before, he spent a good time riding the bench of Manchester City for refusing to enter a game when the coach called him to sub in (he was also fined I believe.)

So yes, although he is a great player, he definitely has a bad attitude.

If you only look at active players, Tevez is number 3! No active player is better except Messi and Aguero.

It also doesn't take into account of age.

Who would you drop to take him instead?

Back