Wild Cat In Back Yard

Are pest animals a problem? Certainly are, and a feral pest cat should be removed in the same way as any other. By that I mean killing a pest cat should encite the same emotions as killing a pest rat, I do however understand there are different social reasons why it is not the same. However, killing of the cat should be a last resort, and with numerous options for removing cats (as opposed to rats or cockroaches) you should never reach the state of killing it. The fact the OP didn't even attempt to remove it or even kill it humanely is reprehensible. Spraying it in the face with RAID? What did the OP think would happen, the cat would die, run away from a garden he said it could not escape from? Hosing it, what would that do if it could not escape? Setting the dog on it when it could not escape? Those things must have been attempted with the intention of killing the cat in a horrible way.

I am not going to go all, animals, man, how could you? Yet still, that's pretty screwed up stuff that normal people don't do, or am I wrong?

I hosed it until I realized it could not escape. Not after I realized it. I was trying to chase it back to whence it came not waterboard it. As for the dog. Same idea, chase it out. Not some sort of sicko colesseum death match.

Are you kidding? You're an ass----, and you need to be denounced and possibly prosecuted. The things that you're doing are cruel and not legal. What the hell is the matter with you? Put some heavy clothes and gloves on, pick the cat up, and bring it to a vet or a shelter.

People like you should be castrated.

Jesus!
So far it's the op gpop and me ,let's see who else meets your criteria for castration,which btw is not psycho behavior to suggest to castrate a human being for wanting to get rid of a feral cat.lol either shut the hell up or come and try to castrate us yourself ;) (insert insult of your liking in this space)

what about barking dogs 24/7 of the vecino.

what is the law?

You do not get to sleep! It could be worse. Like the local indigenous social recipients blasting Cumbia all night with the dogs barking at the same time. And in both cases you do not get to sleep is the law.

So far it's the op gpop and me ,let's see who else meets your criteria for castration,which btw is not psycho behavior to suggest to castrate a human being for wanting to get rid of a feral cat.lol either shut the hell up or come and try to castrate us yourself ;) (insert insult of your liking in this space)

As always mc kenna... ya crack me up! Tell it like it is! hehe.

All I saw was a emotional rant with nothing to contribute. Making the op feel guilty still doesn't solve the problem for the Op, or the cat.
If the animal-lovers cared one way or another in actually helping the cat then ...where were the concrete solutions? I have yet to see anything useful from them. Catch it, feed it, call a vet... then what??? Help it escape? For how long (because it will be back; I say this from experience (8 of 8 years living in the house I live in now, I've had the same problem))? How much time should the op dedicate to this?
While i agree that the OPs first reactions were wrong, why would it be his responsibility to maintain this cat any further than to call an organization that deals with this kind of thing... oh wait... THERE ISN'T!

The humane society latam doesn't seem to have ANYTHING that would help. I have yet to find ANYTHING concrete regarding an animal shelter. I've asked around, I've researched the topic and all are talking a big deal about animal health and welfare... but nothing about services on how to proceed with something like this. Why not? Those proclaiming their humanity should fault these organizations for not offering clear answers to real problems.

Meanwhile, the cat is still there. Probably hungry and scared, and NOTHING that these animal lovers said helped AT ALL.
Defuse the situation with a concrete solution. Judgments at this point are futile.

I called instituto Pasteur. They don't come catch cats.
Why am I not surprised.
Did they have anything to offer? Any advice at all? What solution did these protectors and lovers of animals have?
Did you try the other folks in San Telmo?

Meanwhile, still not solved, and I bet your dog is desperate to be let out to do his business.

http://www.youtube.com/results?q=catch+farrow+cat

FYI if it is farrow get it as far away from your place as you can. Especially if it is male we had one of those and it drove me nuts. It would enter the house if we left a window open and then spray on stuff in our house. I was ready to use Mc Kennas approach but then one of the neighborhood dogs got the cat and that was that.

Rabies in Buenos Aires? Highly doubtful. The last reported case of rabies in Buenos Aires was 2008 -- and previous to that they hadn't had any since 1981. That being said, the BATS in the city can carry the disease so if your crazy feral cat got it's hands on a bat it is possible

I wonder if the OP would have the balls to tell a vet to his face the various methods of torture that he tried to get the cat to leave.
You are dead wrong on rabies. It is all over the city and there are cases every day, bats.

Back