Wine Drinkers Unite

Callia Alta Shiraz Malbec is very quaffable.
Around $30 in most places.
bodegas-callia-alta-shiraz-malbec_zpsa4bc0944.jpg

At Cotto this week they have both the Cab and Malbec of Quara -- valle de Cafayate the Malbec is a Reserva 2011 - marked down to 46 from 58. I have enjoyed a couple of bottles of it so thought others here might want to know about it too. I do feel it would be nice if those who have been responding to this site might get together for a wine tasting of our own makings. How much interest would exist I have no idea. Thoughts? walter

A wine that isn't Argentine would be a pleasant change from time to time.
Perhaps a Rioja, a Cote du Rhone or the King of wines a Chateauneuf...

All of this emphasis on red wines when the real question is what to serve with a fine Fugazzeta. With the delicate cheese and onion aroma there is only one beverage to serve: a fine aromatic Torrontes.

torrontes-wine.jpg

vino+evento.jpg

Malbec Night (NOTE THE LINK BELOW SAYS FRIDAY 12TH AND THE AD ABOVE SAYS FRIDAY 13TH, IS FROM 2012)

Great event, wine tasting, major vineyards Bianchi, Norton and many others will be present with booths . Wine sales at cost?
Fri. April 12th, 19 to 23 hours!

http://www.agncultur...iew&extid=94938

[background=rgb(255, 254, 225)]Viernes 12 de abril, de 19 a 23, en la Sociedad Friulana de Buenos Aires,[/background]
[background=rgb(255, 254, 225)]Navarro 3974 – Villa Devoto – CABA.[/background]

I'm not a huge wine drinker, but do like one now and then with an asado. Some good advice to all of you is to be careful about buying wines in the Chinese supermarkets. From what I understand, they are often counterfeit wines. My father-in-law drinks wine every day, but he buys this cheapo wine at the chinese supermarket. It gives you a headache after you drink it later on, on top of being very low quality. However, after traveling down south, my father-in-law bought the same brand, same wine, in a store that where we were vacationing. Let me say that the wine with the same brand, same everything, was night and day different. The color, texture, smell, and quality was ten times better, even though it was the exact same wine. Since then I have been very careful about purchasing wine in chinese supermarkets. Obviously, they are not all counterfeit/fake, but it's obvious to me that some of them are. If you see a ridiculously low price for a wine you like that is expensive in other places in a chino, think twice.

Back