Work Visa Question

pitipur

Registered
Hey everyone - of course there are millions of visa threads, but I didnt see any related to a work visa. Im actually a little concerned because I have an appointment on Thursday with immigrations to get a sort of work visa (as I'll be here working for most of this year), and the lawyer my company works with gave me the following info for what I need to bring:

Tramite: Residencia Primera Vez mayor de 16 años

to bring:
passport (with last entry stamp)
Certificado de antecedents criminals del pais de origen
Certificado de antecedents criminales de la Argentina
U$S 200 fee

Now, I have all of the above items, but the reason I'm asking is because none of these documents say anything about me working here or my company name or anything like that. I assumed there would be some sort of application form to fill out, but he says that there isn't. So, what would prevent anyone who just wants to stay here from getting this time of tramite?

has anyone gotten this tramite before and do you know if anything additional is required? I guess I'll find out Thursday but Id rather do anything ahead of time.

Thanks!

You need a contract with you company, which you will sign there in front of the immigrations official. I am assuming that if you have a lawyer handling the process, they will bring the contract with them. Maybe you can ask him about this.

ah, thank you, that's great information! I dont think the lawyer is going with me, I was going to be going by myself, so I will ask about that. I knew there must be SOME sort of proof of work.

This work seems to be a big lie.
They have to apply on your behalf. The company has to be authorized by immigration to hire foreigners as a previous step.
Then, on the administrative file, they have to explain why you instead of a resident.
If you go alone, you can only apply for a student residency unless you want to confess you plan to work under the table so they can deport you.
When a company hires foreigners, there is going to be inspections. Nobody wants that. Fines are 200.000 pesos for every worker without legal residency.

That s why you didn t find threads about this topic.

Seems to be a confusion between residency, not really a visa, and a work visa which I am not familiar with.

I don't think you meet the residency conditions so you need to get straight with your employers that they need to sponsor you and follow the steps outlined by the lawyer above.

Also, get a new lawyer.

I actually have a work visa/residency (I think that this is what the OP is referring to, just a matter of semantics) here, and I was in charge of the process on my own with some support from the company. As proof that I was being hired, I needed:

1. Constancia de inscripción del empleador en el Registro Único de Requirentes De extranjeros: Proof of my company's registration with migraciones to hire foreigners.

2. Precontrato laboral: A work contract, which states where I will be working, in what industry, and during what times. (I had to sign this in front of the migraciones official and my boss, the company director, had to also sign this in front of the official so he came with me to the beginning of the appt. Once he signs, he can go)

3. Contancía de AFIP de la empresa: The company's registration with AFIP

There are plenty of similar threads on this topic, and many foreigners who have work visas here (i.e. all of my coworkers and many of my friends hired by other companies). You can do it without a lawyer, but you do need certain documents from the company.

This is everything you need: http://www.migracion...or migrante.pdf

I actually have a work visa/residency (I think that this is what the OP is referring to, just a matter of semantics) here, and I was in charge of the process on my own with some support from the company. As proof that I was being hired, I needed:

1. Constancia de inscripción del empleador en el Registro Único de Requirentes De extranjeros: Proof of my company's registration with migraciones to hire foreigners.

2. Precontrato laboral: A work contract, which states where I will be working, in what industry, and during what times. (I had to sign this in front of the migraciones official and my boss, the company director, had to also sign this in front of the official so he came with me to the beginning of the appt. Once he signs, he can go)

3. Contancía de AFIP de la empresa: The company's registration with AFIP

There are plenty of similar threads on this topic, and many foreigners who have work visas here (i.e. all of my coworkers and many of my friends hired by other companies). You can do it without a lawyer, but you do need certain documents from the company.

This is everything you need: http://www.migracion...or migrante.pdf

I moved here on a work visa as well and this corresponds to what my company had to provide. Note that in addition to registering with AFIP, the company has to be CURRENT on their taxes. That little caveat held up my visa approval for a good 6 months.

thank you all! Im glad I asked, and i certainly wont be going to immigrations on thursday by myself as I planned.

regarding work visa vs residency, i dont even know which is the correct term, except that the lawyer said to apply for the [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Residencia Primera Vez mayor de 16 años tramite, so i will keep inquiring.[/background]

thank you all! Im glad I asked, and i certainly wont be going to immigrations on thursday by myself as I planned.

regarding work visa vs residency, i dont even know which is the correct term, except that the lawyer said to apply for the [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Residencia Primera Vez mayor de 16 años tramite, so i will keep inquiring.[/background]

The information you mentioned in your original post may be sufficient if you are a *citizen* of a Mercosur country. If not, then you will require all the paperwork lejohnson mentioned.

Have you read the migraciones website?

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesibleingles/?nomercosur_temporaria
(all the non-mercosur applicable categories for temporary residence.)

I guess you must be looking for temp residence as a migrant worker looking at the categories. Once you click that you get a list of requirements, the English version isn't a great translation so if you can read the Spanish one it will help. I would discussing with your company on that basis, i.e. the official, mandated list of requirements.

Look at the permanent list for the applicable categories.

Also, I am fairly sure you will need your certficado domicilio, which you'll need to arrange with your local police station, at least looking at that list.

Back