You Went Where??? A Survey Of The Least Visited Places.

estebandepraga

Registered
Fellow travelers...tourists abstain, please!
I consider myself an avid traveller and attempt to go to off the beaten track destinations as often as I can..and believe I have done a relatively good job at it.
I have racked up over 150 countries but it's not the number that I really care about(but to say I never counted would be a live!)
But amongst the strangest and least visited that I have been to include DPRK(North Korea), Guinea- Bissau, Burkino Faso,Trans-Dniester, The 3 Guyanas, Guyana(Former British), Suriname and French Guyana, Madagascar, Yemen, Libya, Sudan and Iran(although not so strange in so many ways!) What about you? And where would you like to go? ( We all love Florence, Paris and Prague but I mean much less visited places!) Happy trails!

It happens something strange to me, I went to New York for a month like 15 years ago and I rather choose every time New York again than L.A. for instance. Or I prefer going 10 times to Europe than visiting some lost country in Africa. Currently I am in Mexico, and loving it, but I'd change a month in Mexico for a week in NY with my eyes closed (and curiously it only happens with NY, I also know Boston and it doesnt work, I mean, beautiful city, but NY broke my head in a million pieces. It could happen with Chicago or Washington, I dont know, I suspect not, but surely I dont have that feeling with other american cities) I would never like to go to California.

... and Europe, so diverse, I could go ten times and never visit the same place!! Even France, or Spain, for example, deserves an exclusive trip!!
Berlin!! huge parks!! water everywhere, big constructions, its all like a fortress!! Italy!!! the food!! Firenze!! Even Russia piques my curiosity (never been).

It happens something strange to me, I went to New York for a month like 15 years ago and I rather choose every time New York again than L.A. for instance. Or I prefer going 10 times to Europe than visiting some lost country in Africa. Currently I am in Mexico, and loving it, but I'd change a month in Mexico for a week in NY with my eyes closed (and curiously it only happens with NY, I also know Boston and it doesnt work, I mean, beautiful city, but NY broke my head in a million pieces. It could happen with Chicago or Washington, I dont know, I suspect not, but surely I dont have that feeling with other american cities) I would never like to go to California.

... and Europe, so diverse, I could go ten times and never visit the same place!! Even France, or Spain, for example, deserves an exclusive trip!!
Berlin!! huge parks!! water everywhere, big constructions, its all like a fortress!! Italy!!! the food!! Firenze!! Even Russia piques my curiosity (never been).

I agree on NY, I liked Boston too though, it felt quite like being in the British Isles though.
Washington is a shithole, Philadelphia was nice enough though.

"strange / less traveled places":
Farsund, Norway. A wee village with not much there.
Riga, Latvia. Nice place but with lots of racist drunk Russians.
Mammoth Mountains, USA. Nice wee place but i got lots of nose bleeds due to the altitude.
Easter Island, Chile. Expensive but well worth the visit.
Punta Arenas, Chile. Much nicer than Puerto Natales but further away from the walking etc.

I'd like to go to Russia (This blog was quite interesting http://vienna-pyongyang.blogspot.com.ar/), many places in the southern half of Africa but not the northern parts at the moment, Japan, Korea (i'm fascinated by the North but don't want to support it by visiting, i'll stick to reading books from escapee's), China, Mexico, Australia / New Zealand, all round South America. Tonnes of places really.

I prefer to avoid the sun though as my pale Scottish skin isn't too keen on it.

isle of Jura . George Orwell wrote 1984 here.

500 people inhabit the island along with 5,000 sheep and an indeterminate number of red deer.

It also has a nice wee whisky distillery

I spend a month in Asuncion studying Guarani and eating sopa paraguaya.

I agree with Ejcot on Punta Arenas and Easter Island. I would also add Chiloe and Puerto Natales in Chile. Indeed, all of souther Chile is great.

If all goes as planned, I'll be moving to Barcelona in Sep/Oct. I'm planning trips to the following in 2016 :

Nepal
Lebanon
Mauritania
Senegal
Oman

Of course, "Buenos Aires of the North" is my favorite place on Earth and I go there as often as I can.

Edit: Also, this place is on my list:

https://www.google.c... of skye photos

And this one as well:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=isla+juan+fernandez+photos

Back