Amazing how expensive BsArs is

starlucia said:
Oh, not in Buenos Aires. I wish. But 100% spelt bread is quite popular in Ireland, where I am right now (1.99 for a loaf.)

What a pity! I have been desperately seeking spelt bread or spelt flower here...no result; I thought you were going to be my saver...

fifs2 said:
And do they sell it in Ireland (my home country) as spelt? I'm never too old to learn ...I had 3 days and no rain...hope your Irish weather was equally untypical...

Usually they sell it in organic stores. you have spelt flour and all that can be made of it (bread, pasta, cookies,...) it is very heavy and antiallergic. Its an ”antique” type of grain, that does not bare chemicals and is hard to grow.

I was living in zurich last year.. the small apt i was living in - about 45sqm was CHF 800 per, just over US$800, it was very moden, quiet, overlooking a park and with a tree covered mountain behind it.. My 32sqm studio in palermo is US$500, not nearly as nice as the zurich apt, or as quiet or with forest behind or a park infront.. So it works out per sqm about the same.. however i pay alot less than most people here, as i know when i was looking for an apt 6 weeks ago alot of landlords were asking around US$700 to US$800 for a studio..
In gent in belgium, i was paying 600 euros for a 3 bedroom/3 story (one bedroom was big enough for a single bed and not much else, the other 2 around 20sqm) house, and gas, electricity, internet, cable TV etc was usually under 100 euros a month... this is for 2 people... So again cheaper than here...

Food: i cant remember the prices of most stuff, but when i got back to arg i was surprised at the cost here..
Some things i do remember was - in euros:
1lt UHT milk - 0.56
1kg Yoghurt - 1.25
1kg muesli with fruit and nuts - 1.25
Wholemeal bread (1kg i think) fresh - 1.40
Gouda cheese / kg - 6

here is a link to the supermarket just down the road i would buy most stuff at:

http://www.lidl.be/cps/rde/xchg/SID-5317D5F3-395D702E/lidl_be/hs.xsl/index.htm

All of the stuff above is alot better quality, and tasted alot better than here.. apart from the milk which is just as bad as here...

davonz said:
I was living in zurich last year...

Wow, you decided to leave heaven to come live HERE!!???!?!:eek: WHY!! :confused:

I used to go to Zurich a lot (as a flight attendant). Loved the city.

davonz said:
I was living in zurich last year.. the small apt i was living in - about 45sqm was CHF 800 per, just over US$800, it was very moden, quiet, overlooking a park and with a tree covered mountain behind it.. My 32sqm studio in palermo is US$500, not nearly as nice as the zurich apt, or as quiet or with forest behind or a park infront.. So it works out per sqm about the same.. however i pay alot less than most people here, as i know when i was looking for an apt 6 weeks ago alot of landlords were asking around US$700 to US$800 for a studio..
In gent in belgium, i was paying 600 euros for a 3 bedroom/3 story (one bedroom was big enough for a single bed and not much else, the other 2 around 20sqm) house, and gas, electricity, internet, cable TV etc was usually under 100 euros a month... this is for 2 people... So again cheaper than here...

Food: i cant remember the prices of most stuff, but when i got back to arg i was surprised at the cost here..
Some things i do remember was - in euros:
1lt UHT milk - 0.56
1kg Yoghurt - 1.25
1kg muesli with fruit and nuts - 1.25
Wholemeal bread (1kg i think) fresh - 1.40
Gouda cheese / kg - 6

here is a link to the supermarket just down the road i would buy most stuff at:

http://www.lidl.be/cps/rde/xchg/SID-5317D5F3-395D702E/lidl_be/hs.xsl/index.htm

All of the stuff above is alot better quality, and tasted alot better than here.. apart from the milk which is just as bad as here...

600 euro for an house in Gent, that is going to be one hell of a house

nicoenarg said:
Wow, you decided to leave heaven to come live HERE!!???!?!:eek: WHY!! :confused:

I used to go to Zurich a lot (as a flight attendant). Loved the city.

Sorry, but this begs the question, "Why are you here?"

steveinbsas said:
Sorry, but this begs the question, "Why are you here?"

Lol. Well, wife's from here. Was tired of Dubai life. Just wanted to relax a bit and slow down (I am starting to miss the fast pace and modern infrastructure but I miss nothing else from Dubai).

My wife's started a job and is getting her experience in the field she needs to get experience and after 3 years, we're moving out of here to Europe. We're hoping it'll be Zurich or somewhere in Switzerland. Otherwise Scotland.

As for the topic. Its scary that prices increase here on a weekly basis. Some of the stuff here is more expensive than even Dubai (known for being expensive). Vegetables are still very cheap but the rest of the food products are about the same level or worse.

Somebody asked when the peso was going to crash. I think it will take some time. Its not going to happen tomorrow. As long as the government has companies to gobble up and tricks up their sleave, an artificially strong peso along with crazy inflation (might go up to 30% this year), will keep on driving the population in this country to further poverty.

EDIT: Bringing the peso down will also drive up inflation. CFK has got a catch-22 situation and the only solution to their problem is an economic collapse, where, once again, they restructure everything and get it ready for the next crash. I don't believe in the "crash once every decade" BS. I just think that people here just don't know how to run the economy of a country.

nicoenarg said:
Wow, you decided to leave heaven to come live HERE!!???!?!:eek: WHY!!

I usually only spend 6 months in total here a year, and the rest of the year living somewhere else or travelling, as the bsas starts to give me the shits big time otherwise.. however when i am away after a couple of months i start to miss the place... i have a love/hate relationship with argentina..

davonz said:
I usually only spend 6 months in total here a year, and the rest of the year living somewhere else or travelling, as the bsas starts to give me the shits big time otherwise.. however when i am away after a couple of months i start to miss the place... i have a love/hate relationship with argentina..

My relationship with Argentina is now far more love than hate, but I can attribute the increase in the velocity of love with my move to the provincia BsAs. :)

If I has stayed in CF I seriously doubt that I would feel this way. :D

Back