An Ex-Expat's Observations from the US

Dudester, regarding my previous rant...apologies, I had deleted it...not sure WHY it showed back up in the forum.

I don't know why their is so much hostility with someone moving back to the States. It's their desicion. What do we care. Every other day I want to move back. Not because it's better, but because it's what I know. I had friends & family there. Here (in Bariloche) I have none.

jaredwb said:
You're a f%cking hypocrite and liar! ALL TRUE???? Are you serious???? Do you believe the SHIT you write??? OMG! Figures you live in France...PLEASE stay there.

Funny, if someone else speaks in "strong, opinionated terms" you label them 'chickenshits' and 'crazy'...but when you do it, it's fine. It's just how you are, get over it.

You distort the truth. You condemn and accuse with no hard facts or "truths". You DO call people names. Typical liberal double standard...

You are "proud" of standing alongside Jane Fonda...WHAT?? That says everything anyone needs to know about you.

Hey Jared, What do you think you have to apologize for?

Actually I owe you an apology for once saying you were a "shill" for an immigration lawyer here. You said my comment hurt your feelings. I just remembered it. There was nothing wrong with you letting others know you were happy with professional services rendered. I thought you were jedard from Mendoza who had plugged the services of the same lawyer many, many times as he berated the perma-tourists for not being legal.

I was wrong and I'm sorry I did not promptly admit it.

Cause Jared has got class and you have none IMHO little buddy. BTW, why are you the only one to have a straight on photo booth type color photo? You must think you're good looking or something. I asked my Girl Friend to look at it, she said it's "creepy" looking. I think she's right... but if you dig it more power to you. IMO Jared can be funny cause he's so over the top but, sorry to say little buddy but I just find you mainly boring. Just one Dudester's opinion...... BTW, "Johnny" and "Goucho Bob" also have photo's but they're great... Black and White with a lot of style to them... maybe you should try something like that to wipe away that "Adams Family" look.... give it a try little buddy....

I think Steveinbsas looks very distinguished....why don't you post your pic too so we can see the face behind the comments?!

Dudester said:
BTW, "Johnny" and "Goucho Bob" also have photo's but they're great... Black and White with a lot of style to them...
But that ain't me. That's Julio Cortazar.

ADDED: JULIO CORTAZAR - ARGENTINE AUTHOR OF NOVELS AND SHORT STORIES. OK, GOT IT Thanks for the correction Johnny (and I ain't too Proud to say I didn't know who Julio Cortazar was - I'm a victim of the US public school system - lol, just kidding on that one (but I Googled it, Library at my finger tips) Whatever the case, Still a great shot to use....

Celia, I would post a picture but I don't want to get you all worked up - kind of a JFK jr at about 35 yrs old....... Remember him? please do a goggle if not....

Nicole_Ramirez said:
I don't know why their is so much hostility with someone moving back to the States. It's their desicion. What do we care. Every other day I want to move back. Not because it's better, but because it's what I know. I had friends & family there. Here (in Bariloche) I have none.

Nicole, I think I recall you saying you have been a year or so and seeing this post I wanted to write to tell you to stick with it in terms of making friends at least. Whilst Argentineans are some of the most social animals I know, for years I couldn't seem to make friends at any more than a superficial coffee, drinks level..which wasnt exactly easy to admit as it sounds like a personal failing to admit you have no real friends...suddenly 2 years ago (after 4 yrs here) I met my Mexican friend who is a real soul mate to me here, and then thereafter my Peruvian friend who has a wicked sense of humor, no pretenciousness and is again a very natural friend.
Talking to other expats there are many who echo my experience in that it's hard to move to the next level of friendship unless you are with an Argentinean boyfriend or husband. I'm sure younger expats who are here less time may not understand this situation but I just wanted to reassure you that with time I'm sure you will make meaningful friendships that will make up for the lack of local friends and family. Hugs.

Dudester said:
ADDED: JULIO CORTAZAR - ARGENTINE AUTHOR OF NOVELS AND SHORT STORIES. OK, GOT IT Thanks for the correction Johnny (and I ain't too Proud to say I didn't know who Julio Cortazar was - I'm a victim of the US public school system - lol, just kidding on that one (but I Googled it, Library at my finger tips) Whatever the case, Still a great shot to use....

Celia, I would post a picture but I don't want to get you all worked up - kind of a JFK jr at about 35 yrs old....... Remember him? please do a goggle if not....

80 countries visited and you have that aggressive, chip-on-the-shoulder attitude of someone who never left their home town...maybe your world experience will be of some use in your next life cos it sure ain't performing any miracles in this one.

Dudester said:
Cause Jared has got class and you have none IMHO little buddy. BTW, why are you the only one to have a straight on photo booth type color photo? You must think you're good looking or something. I asked my Girl Friend to look at it, she said it's "creepy" looking. I think she's right... but if you dig it more power to you. IMO Jared can be funny cause he's so over the top but, sorry to say little buddy but I just find you mainly boring. Just one Dudester's opinion...... BTW, "Johnny" and "Goucho Bob" also have photo's but they're great... Black and White with a lot of style to them... maybe you should try something like that to wipe away that "Adams Family" look.... give it a try little buddy....

I think Jared should stand behind his post. There's no need to apologize for being right. His comments were far less insulting that many of yours and, unlike yours, his comments have a basis in reality.

Didn't you once say that you were a "professional" photographer or do you just take pictures when you travel? How many photo shop booths have you seen with paintings (or even the corners of paintings) in the background?

Of course you find me boring. This is the BAexpat website and most of my posts deal with expat life here. Since you are a pseudo expat (or wannabe at best) who trolls here I wouldn't expect you to be interested in most of the subjects in the forum.

I do wonder (with my double digit IQ) why you are rarely capable of making a point without being condescending or insulting. I find it a bit creepy that you showed my photo to your girlfriend (aka Girl Friend) just so you could add one more insult to you post.

Back