Another Airline Assault

As noted in the Independent story that camberiu linked to, that the guy who stood up for her didn't get in trouble is interesting - probably shows how desperate AA is to avoid a United-style debacle.

To assume that a story is fake because it comes from the NYP, particularly when the story bears no relevance to politics, reflects a bias bordering on religious fervor. Regardless of whether you agree with their editorial positions and/or opinion columns, how many (non-political) news stories of theirs are you aware of as being false?
Hell, even political ones.

AA has some of the rudest employees I have ever experienced. I have my own anecdote: I was returning from the US with my husband and newborn baby. We were on the same reservation code but we were split and I was in one cabin ( very sick with a newborn baby ) and my husband was sent to another cabin. I asked the gate agent to please sit us together, even if that meant downgrading to economy from business. She didn't do it. When we boarded the flight I tried to be nice to one of the business flight attendants and explained to her the situation, and ( blame it on hormones )I was very sensitive and feeling sick, so I shed a few tears. She said there was nothing she could do, and started screaming at the top of her lungs " ask the gate agent! ". Flight took off and she was still screaming at me!. I will never forget that b**t piece of s**t. By the way, my husband had and empty seat right next to him in economy the whole flight. We still have all of out miles with AA, once I finally get to use them ( cross fingers this year ) I will NEVER fly AA again. So yes, I believe any and every story about them.

On a flight to Miami I asked the AA flight attendant a simple question about how to adjust the seat. This was in first class. She answered in a way that I didn't underrstand so I asked her to explain again. She looked at me sternly and said "We're having a communication problem!" I couldn't believe her reaction. I've never forgotten the experience. And this was in first class so you can imagine that they are worse in coach. I've noticed how management can influence the atmosphere in an office. Employees often reflect the attitude of their employers. If the employer is hostile the atmosphere in the office easily turns hostile. I have a theory that this is what has been happening on US airlines. Management views passengers as so much cargo. Their only concern is maximum profit. This thinking has to filter down to employees.

Regular traveler here.

On a AA flight from Miami to BA - in 'Cattle" class.

Flight attendant serving breakfast to a sleepy Argentine. He says something in Spanish.

She admonishes him " What were you doing in US. You cant speak English ???""!!!

On a flight to Miami I asked the AA flight attendant a simple question about how to adjust the seat. This was in first class. She answered in a way that I didn't underrstand so I asked her to explain again. She looked at me sternly and said "We're having a communication problem!" I couldn't believe her reaction. I've never forgotten the experience. And this was in first class so you can imagine that they are worse in coach. I've noticed how management can influence the atmosphere in an office. Employees often reflect the attitude of their employers. If the employer is hostile the atmosphere in the office easily turns hostile. I have a theory that this is what has been happening on US airlines. Management views passengers as so much cargo. Their only concern is maximum profit. This thinking has to filter down to employees.
Certainly AA's staff make Argentine public employees look like Thai hostesses...

Certainly AA's staff make Argentine public employees look like Thai hostesses...There is this male flight attendant usually flying EZE to MIA in the afternoon flight, he is a sweetheart, but the girls - most of them - are super nasty and rude.

My experiences have been the opposite...I am always amazed at how rude and entitled the other passengers on the EZE flight to/from the US behave (I've flown the DFW, MIA, and JFK flights). The only time I've had a pleasant experience flying here was on a flight from MIA to MVD. I asked the attendant if the flights are always like this compared with EZE, and she said it's a dream for them and the other flight attendant agreed stating she'd take any other flight to South America over EZE. I'm dreading getting on my next flight just thinking about it, now. Ugh.

I have more than a few clients in the UK who on travel to NY will prefer just about any airline (British, Virgin, even Delta) over AA.
(Fairly typical response when quoted a price with AA: "No, we can't go with American, we're flying with children")

And on their flights to/from JFK, I have personally had more than a couple nasty moments with them.
[sub](And really for no reason. Whatever image I may project here, you wouldn't believe what a nice person I am in real life :D)[/sub]

This is an old post, so the data is probably out-dated about airlines and the services offered for those traveling with children.

http://havebabywilltravel.com/2016/12/19/10-best-airlines-for-families/

My experiences have been the opposite...I am always amazed at how rude and entitled the other passengers on the EZE flight to/from the US behave (I've flown the DFW, MIA, and JFK flights). The only time I've had a pleasant experience flying here was on a flight from MIA to MVD. I asked the attendant if the flights are always like this compared with EZE, and she said it's a dream for them and the other flight attendant agreed stating she'd take any other flight to South America over EZE. I'm dreading getting on my next flight just thinking about it, now. Ugh.

When we heard about the AA episode, my (Argentine) wife said, "If it's an Argentina involved, it's her fault." :lol:

Back