Another Airline Assault

My experiences have been the opposite...I am always amazed at how rude and entitled the other passengers on the EZE flight to/from the US behave (I've flown the DFW, MIA, and JFK flights). The only time I've had a pleasant experience flying here was on a flight from MIA to MVD. I asked the attendant if the flights are always like this compared with EZE, and she said it's a dream for them and the other flight attendant agreed stating she'd take any other flight to South America over EZE. I'm dreading getting on my next flight just thinking about it, now. Ugh.

I agree that passengers on flights to BA are louder and take longer to get settled than on other flights I've been on. They tend to stay in the aisles too long and have a lot of poorly behaved children.

I guess the famous " American customer service " does not apply to airline employees (?)

The only thing I've noticed about Argentines in particular when flying here is that they like to unbuckle their seatbelts and start moving around while the plane is still taxiing on approach to the terminal even after being warned not to do so. You can always count on the airline staff to go ballistic when that happens. I know I've really arrived in Argentina when this happens and kind of look forward to it. :p

The only thing I've noticed about Argentines in particular when flying here is that they like to unbuckle their seatbelts and start moving around while the plane is still taxiing on approach to the terminal even after being warned not to do so. You can always count on the airline staff to go ballistic when that happens. I know I've really arrived in Argentina when this happens and kind of look forward to it. :p
Ahhh Argentines are Argentines and I dread my fellow Argentines sometimes, especially when flying, but that doesn't mean that AA employees have to be rude and nasty, what happened with " the client is always right" and the best ever customer service? Imho a good percentage of AA employees are a disgrace to a company that is the initial contact for hundreds of thousands of passengers with the US every year.

I agree that there are some a-hole attendants out there. I don't agree that the customer is always right. I think that kind of motto leads to disingenuous service and employee lash-outs. Who wants to see that fake smile anyway? Not me. I hold companies to a reasonable level of service. What Nikad and the lady in the article experienced were not reasonable. I hope you (Nikad) communicated to them about your experience. Change can only happen when they know there's a problem (they meaning upper management), especially from multiple sources. Being sick on a plane made worse by a non-compassionate attendant.

I have to agree that the customer is not always right, but the customer is always the customer, and in some situations cooler heads must prevail. Part of a flight attendant's duty is to maintain their cool even when everything is falling apart around them. What this AA employee did was entirely unacceptable.

I have to agree that the customer is not always right, but the customer is always the customer, and in some situations cooler heads must prevail. Part of a flight attendant's duty is to maintain their cool even when everything is falling apart around them. What this AA employee did was entirely unacceptable.

When he asked the passenger "Do you want to hit me?" he went way past the last "acceptable" milepost. He doesn't get to do that ever, even if the guy just peed on his shoes. Hope that FA is out looking for a non-customer-service job right now.

Agree with every word in the last 2 posts.

Back