Another Mass Shooting In The Us...

I don't wish I lived in a world without guns, or bombs, or knives, or ... or ... or.

I wish I lived in world without criminals who use guns, or bombs, or knives, or ... or .. or. But I don't.

I wish I lived in a world where 100% of gun owners were 100% responsible for the safe storage of their firearms, where their kids don't have a chance to find the gun under the bed, or they weren't accessible during domestic arguments. But I don't.

I wish I lived in a world where 100% of hunters were 100% responsible for what they are shooting at and 100% responsible for the humane taking of an animal's life. But I don't.

In the meantime I can be 100% responsible for what I own, for my family's safety, and to try to educate - or at least raise awareness - for the gun owners who don't have the same perspective.

ejcot en argentina:
Maybe that's because Canada (35 million) doesn't have "nearly" the population the U.S (330 milion) has.
However,if you read that article,it'd appear that they are catching up.

ejcot en argentina:
Maybe that's because Canada (35 million) doesn't have "nearly" the population the U.S (330 milion) has.
However,if you read that article,it'd appear that they are catching up.

Yeah Canada really needs to tighten up on their gun control, particularity reintroduce the registry that the moronic Stephen Harper removed. Still at lest they have some controls.

I agree...unless the guy breaking into your house at 2 AM has a gun and you don't.
emo32.gif

If there was gun control then there would be no need to keep a gun in your house. The US frequently has mass shootings because there's no gun control. Look at Europe and Asia. Gun control and no random acts of gun violence. Anyone who still believes in gun control after a massive shooting and massacre of school children needs to get their head checked. Weapons and violence only breed more weapons and violence.

If there was gun control then there would be no need to keep a gun in your house. The US frequently has mass shootings because there's no gun control. Look at Europe and Asia. Gun control and no random acts of gun violence. Anyone who still believes in gun control after a massive shooting and massacre of school children needs to get their head checked. Weapons and violence only breed more weapons and violence.

"If there was gun control then there would be no need to keep a gun in your house."

There is very strict gun control in Argentina. if there were no criminals in Argentia there would be no need to keep a gun in my house.

There's no gun control in the US?

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/rightsandfreedoms/fl/US-Gun-Control-Timeline.htm

There have been a number of mass killings in Europe using guns:

https://mahalgreen.wordpress.com/2015/09/15/gun-violence-in-europe-is-the-european-union-to-blame/

Surely you didn't mean to say this:

"Anyone who still believes in gun control after a massive shooting and massacre of school children needs to get their head checked."

Did you mean, Anyone who doesn't believe in gun control after a massive shooting and massacre of school children needs to get their head checked?

Owning a gun (or any weapon) does not necessarily make anyone violent. I have never uses a gun to commit a violent act and neither have the vast majority of gun owners.

I use a knife and/or a machete (also potential weapons of violence) in a peaceful way almost every day and have yet to commit a violent act with either.
emo32.gif

PS: You can read more information about the relationship of guns and violence in the US here: http://www.catb.org/esr/guns/point-blank-summary.html

I'm not saying owing a gun makes you more violent. But why perpetuate the problem? So there have been a few shootings in Europe. In the US they are the norm. Obviously there isn't strict gun control in Argentina because like everything else there, the system doesn't work.

Back