Another one jumping ship

surfing said:
OTOH --- my impression is that PM is full of beautiful, expensive, but ultimately unoccupied apartments. I've always felt it was like a ghost town --- a little creepy IMO.

Have you been there recently? It has really filled in. I lived there like 4 years ago and I would have agreed with you then, but now all the commercial space is occupied, the restaurants are full, etc. I used to be able to park anywhere now it is difficult to find a space. It is much different today.

el_expatriado said:
Have you been there recently? It has really filled in. I lived there like 4 years ago and I would have agreed with you then, but now all the commercial space is occupied, the restaurants are full, etc. I used to be able to park anywhere now it is difficult to find a space. It is much different today.
No --- I have not been in about two years, but I wasn't really referring to the commercial spaces but the residential ones.

el_expatriado said:

Exactly! Puerto Madero has changed quite a bit over the years. Go on a weekend and it's totally packed with families bringing their kids to eat, walking in the parks, having ice cream, etc. The locals consider it the best and safest part of the city. No crime at all.

Before you could go and pick your parking spot in any street. But as mentioned now when I go there it's tough to get a parking spot.

Still, I personally would never live in Puerto Madero just because there is no real "soul" to me there. It doesn't feel like Buenos Aires to me. I love the architecture of the older buildings and the vibe of Buenos Aires.

But no doubt Puerto Madero has some of the most expensive real estate. But I think even there you will see prices coming down and it already has. A few years ago I had friends dumping their flats for close to $5,000 m2 and now they couldn't get anywhere near that price.

Thank you gentlemen, for your extrapolations on the benefits of living in PM.

I am sure the sales of quality properties in Palermo and other various neighbourhoods (as well as older dilapidated properties,) shall continue.

Back