Anyone Else Experience An Attempted Robbery On Christmas?

Well pensador, you do not seem like a very bright guy to be honest, so I would not talk about intellect because if I have to pay you for how you think you would not make more than 500 pesos a month.

Fortunately people like you do not play at my level and that is something I am sure I will never have to worry about.

I have a IT company in Microcentro and my parents have a factory in Campana, Buenos Aires, so I know what I am talking about.

2 years on the company, 30 in Argentina, never had an issue.

Maybe you do not know how to deal with people in this country, or you do not pay them enough and think they are slaves, then you will have issue, like everywhere on the globe.

As my southern US friends would say, bless your heart. And gee, nice for you and your family you've never been sued by a former employee . Or had to deal with theft. I can't say that anyone I know who actually has employees could say the same. ;)

I had a dude do the whole perimeter of the ranch all new wire fence and i even bought all the posts from him,after they were done ,like 3 months overdue, i had the bad luck to have my house burglarized ......by his nephew.....but he was let go right of way by the police because he was a minor....and none of what was missing was ever recovered... i'm unlucky i guess or i should move to Campana
I sure felt pretty stupid bringing these guys lunch everyday and paying their price without asking for a discount.
Ain't that special?? as my friends from the south would say :)

I was living a year in the US. My former girlfriend had a kiosk at 2 rennaisance festivals. The goal was to find employeds who know to give change. It means that the client pays with 20 and they have to know that they have to give back 3 if the almonds cost 17... No peronist there...

Well...at least at the Renaissance Festivals they bother to find out if the people can make change before hiring them...and then the employees aren't looking to work for three months so they can screw off afterward and get their one month severance pay, or whatever blackmail value the employer agrees to to get rid of the problem :)

I have a IT company in Microcentro and my parents have a factory in Campana, Buenos Aires, so I know what I am talking about.

2 years on the company, 30 in Argentina, never had an issue.

Maybe you do not know how to deal with people in this country, or you do not pay them enough and think they are slaves, then you will have issue, like everywhere on the globe.

Now I see why you are so happy with things in Argentina, obviously coming from money then. I wonder if you or your folks have ever walked among the workers in their factory to see if they are actually happy with what they are being paid. Oh wait, they're probably unionized and get paid much better than most anyway, right?

And I've worked with IT companies and professionals here in Buenos Aires. Much, much different than many (most?) industries because the IT industry is much better paid (without unionization, I might add) than most industries here, thanks to foreign companies (like me, at least I used to be) who came in years ago and began paying better than local companies. And most lucrative projects coming from outside the country (unless they are projects for the government, of course).

Are people here carrying pepper spray with them when they're out at night?

I had a dude do the whole perimeter of the ranch all new wire fence and i even bought all the posts from him,after they were done ,like 3 months overdue, i had the bad luck to have my house burglarized ......by his nephew.....but he was let go right of way by the police because he was a minor....and none of what was missing was ever recovered... i'm unlucky i guess or i should move to Campana
I sure felt pretty stupid bringing these guys lunch everyday and paying their price without asking for a discount.
Ain't that special?? as my friends from the south would say :)
In Argentinastan kindness is interpreted as weakness. [and even worse, Wild Horses can talk]

Well said, she is clearly disconnected from the realities of her own country.

What is it they say here about people like that? "esta ida o esta chiflada o esta chapita". Actually, this post belongs in the Argentine idioms thread.

Back