Anyone Else Experience An Attempted Robbery On Christmas?

I understand the desire to at least be trained in self-defense. Especially as a woman. A lot of gyms give self-defense classes. Or just do a Google search. I've never had the chance to resort to self-defense here. It was much easier to put the dog down with pepper spray.

I've done self defense courses - http://www.spad.com.ar/ - this course is more keeping out of trouble, including not getting into trouble in the first place, how to escape, and finally if needed, how to fight and live to tell the story. The guy that trained me was called Marcos Castro and he speaks english.

Tips.... you must carry a 2nd. cheap cell phone to give to thugs and also a sum of money to surrender...! a used empty wallet also helps.

Now if they take you at gun point into your apt. then there is no escape...! A friend was mugged in his apt. he kept valuables in a safe , he was forced to open it or be pushed to fly into open air from a 10th. floor

BOOTOM LINE; 24 hour security buildings are advisable. :cool:

All this talk of Crime is giving me second thoughts about returning to BA in the Autumn.

Three break ins here in the last month. Happy Holidays. We know have a very nasty rottweiler that roams the property at night in addition to our mastiffs.

Sorry to hear that Citygirl. Did they manage to break into the house or just the property? How scary.

We had Prosegur installed a couple months ago. The bad thing about living in a quinta in a bad neighborhood is that help from the police can be hit or miss, so you feel isolated and on your own. In addition to the big dogs, sometimes a little yappy dog (as annoying as they are) make for a good alarm system.

My mother-in-law's business was broken into several times in a short time frame -- apparently there's a family of delinquents living across the street in a house they're squatting. They would climb a tree and come in walking across the roof into the patio area and break windows to get where they wanted to go. They've stolen computers, vandalized, etc... and despite having it filmed on surveillance tape, the police have done nothing. So my mother in law turned the business into what looks like the outside of a maximum security prison. :p

Sorry to hear that Citygirl. Did they manage to break into the house or just the property? How scary.

We had Prosegur installed a couple months ago. The bad thing about living in a quinta in a bad neighborhood is that help from the police can be hit or miss, so you feel isolated and on your own. In addition to the big dogs, sometimes a little yappy dog (as annoying as they are) make for a good alarm system.

My mother-in-law's business was broken into several times in a short time frame -- apparently there's a family of delinquents living across the street in a house they're squatting. They would climb a tree and come in walking across the roof into the patio area and break windows to get where they wanted to go. They've stolen computers, vandalized, etc... and despite having it filmed on surveillance tape, the police have done nothing. So my mother in law turned the business into what looks like the outside of a maximum security prison. :p

Que horror.

Not into the house but they were in the barn - we live upstairs. Really scary. We know that it is an ex-employee as he knew where things were kept, knew where the cameras were and the dogs didn't go nuts which means that they recognized him. We are pretty sure who it is but we can't prove it. Luckily post arrival of the rottie, hasn't happened again but I am a lot more cautious these days.

I've done self defense courses - http://www.spad.com.ar/ - this course is more keeping out of trouble, including not getting into trouble in the first place, how to escape, and finally if needed, how to fight and live to tell the story. The guy that trained me was called Marcos Castro and he speaks english.

Thank you so much for the helpful information, I will check it out.

I think a great self defense tacit might be to get an aluminum baseball bat and carry it with you every where you go. Personally I would never mess with a guy carrying a bat. And who cares what everyone else thinks anyway its Argentina.

I think a great self defense tacit might be to get an aluminum baseball bat and carry it with you every where you go. Personally I would never mess with a guy carrying a bat. And who cares what everyone else thinks anyway its Argentina.

are you kidding 14 yo have guns and can blow your head an go out the next day.....! Aluminun Bat...

Back