Argentine women

"bigbadwolf" said:
I was reading on another thread that the average Mc Donald's meal in BA is around 12-15 pesos about 3-4 hours wages for the average Porteño. In the US it's about 20 minutes of wages. I don't think proverty is at issue but diet.
The average McDonald´s meal has to be costing around $6 today, maybe a bit more; lots of low-wage workers are earning $6-10 an hour. But it´s not just McDonalds. Wander into any downmarket US grocery store and see what´s being foisted on people. High-fructose corn syrup is widely used as a sweetener -- and its metabolic pathway in our system differs from that of sugar (sucrose); perhaps it´s no coincidence that obesity has increased greatly with the use of such syrup. Look at the cheap burgers and sausages on display and read the labels (something few Americans bother doing). A key culprit in this is US agribusiness. Obesity is -- in large part -- another US corporate crime.
Good luck finding an Mac Donalds menu it´s more likely to be around 12

"syngirl" said:
The jealousy is incredibly high amongst the local girls. Then again, in a city where everyone cheats on everyone else, it's natural to be jealous I suppose -- for instance one of the couples I know were both in long term relationships when they started cheating together, and they eventually left their partners for each other -- but when you start a relationship based on cheating you'll probably always wonder if your partners going to cheat on you.
An example of "normal" behaviour by women here:
The man in the relationship above was moving. His girlfriend (of 2+ years) knows he is moving. The couple works for the same company but at different locations. Boyfriend sent out an email to all friends and co-workers in his address book saying "I'm moving, this is my new number". A couple of days later Girlfriend comes into the office and one of her co-workers says "Oh I hear Nico is moving" - Girlfriend asks how would co-worker know -- "Nico sent out an email" -- Girlfriend gets upset because she didn't get the email (hello, she's the girlfriend! she already knows all of this!). So Girlfriend asks coworker to print out the email so she can inspect it. Girlfriend sees the name of Boyfriends ex-ex-girlfriend in the list. Girlfriend then throws a total fit, refuses to see Boyfriend for 2 weeks, but spends nights screwing with Boyfriend's head by calling him, yelling at him for an hour or so, then crying and moaning that she doesn't understand why he doesn't want to come over, then when he says he'll come over gets angry and says she never wants to see him again, then when he says "Fine, whatever" and hangs up, she calls back crying, moaning, "why don't you love me" etc etc repeat 100x (I'm sure this sounds familiar to a lot of you guys! ;)
The guy is SO patient -- he actually stuck it out through all of this and they are still together. I feel like taking the girl aside, slapping her across the face and saying "look, you've got a decent guy, stop f*&#ng it up!" -- she does this every few months.
It seems the women here playing these types of mind games the whole way through their life. Perhaps the entire country thrives on the make-up sex??
Are you the expert on what is 'normal' here? What are your qualifications? One couple you know did this or that is hardly sufficient. But you are entitled to your opinion no matter how shallow that makes you appear.I've been in a relationship with an Argentine woman for over 18 months and have no doubts about her fidelity. Most of our friends and extended family members are also in stable relationships.
Cheating is not exclusive to people in Argentina. North Americans are notorious for cheating and divorce. And you should hear what middle eastern men think of North American women... Easy marks, substantiated or not!Point is, people are not possessions. We don't own each other and if the luster wears thin in a relationship, it is natural to look outside the relationship for that which is missing. Divorce is not a bad word. If you think so, then I say Marriage is even worse because that basically means you are branded and submit to be possessed by another for life. I am in a relationship because I want to be... not because I have to be. Let's name some vices... Alcohol, book clubs, support groups, counseling sessions, or even sex outside the relationship. In Spain there are bordellos set up in just about every town which caters to both single and married men. Another vice.
If married couple can maintain their relationship through various devices such as independent social groups, clubs, etc... what is wrong with that? So why would an occasional affair (a vice) be considered negative if it doesn't distract from the other aspects of the relationship.There are many different lifestyles couples engage including open relationships and swingers. Who are we to judge? And don't quote verses from the Bible because for many people the scriptures are simply another philosophy for living. If it is yours, so be it, I will not judge or criticize you for it.In closing, I would like to offer that there is nothing unique when it comes to people from one country or another. In todays globetrotting world, there is no 'normal' either. We are influenced by the people and media around us. CNN, MTV, etc...
At the core, we are all the same. How easily influenced we are by political propaganda and the brainwashing (or programming if you prefer) of various institutions in their attempt to establish society norms is the difference."The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being
overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and
sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege
of owning yourself." - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Mitscherman" said:
The jealousy is incredibly high amongst the local girls. Then again, in a city where everyone cheats on everyone else, it's natural to be jealous I suppose -- for instance one of the couples I know were both in long term relationships when they started cheating together, and they eventually left their partners for each other -- but when you start a relationship based on cheating you'll probably always wonder if your partners going to cheat on you.
An example of "normal" behaviour by women here:
The man in the relationship above was moving. His girlfriend (of 2+ years) knows he is moving. The couple works for the same company but at different locations. Boyfriend sent out an email to all friends and co-workers in his address book saying "I'm moving, this is my new number". A couple of days later Girlfriend comes into the office and one of her co-workers says "Oh I hear Nico is moving" - Girlfriend asks how would co-worker know -- "Nico sent out an email" -- Girlfriend gets upset because she didn't get the email (hello, she's the girlfriend! she already knows all of this!). So Girlfriend asks coworker to print out the email so she can inspect it. Girlfriend sees the name of Boyfriends ex-ex-girlfriend in the list. Girlfriend then throws a total fit, refuses to see Boyfriend for 2 weeks, but spends nights screwing with Boyfriend's head by calling him, yelling at him for an hour or so, then crying and moaning that she doesn't understand why he doesn't want to come over, then when he says he'll come over gets angry and says she never wants to see him again, then when he says "Fine, whatever" and hangs up, she calls back crying, moaning, "why don't you love me" etc etc repeat 100x (I'm sure this sounds familiar to a lot of you guys! ;)
The guy is SO patient -- he actually stuck it out through all of this and they are still together. I feel like taking the girl aside, slapping her across the face and saying "look, you've got a decent guy, stop f*&#ng it up!" -- she does this every few months.
It seems the women here playing these types of mind games the whole way through their life. Perhaps the entire country thrives on the make-up sex??
Are you the expert on what is 'normal' here? What are your qualifications? One couple you know did this or that is hardly sufficient. But you are entitled to your opinion no matter how shallow that makes you appear.I've been in a relationship with an Argentine woman for over 18 months and have no doubts about her fidelity. Most of our friends and extended family members are also in stable relationships.
Cheating is not exclusive to people in Argentina. North Americans are notorious for cheating and divorce. And you should hear what middle eastern men think of North American women... Easy marks, substantiated or not!Point is, people are not possessions. We don't own each other and if the luster wears thin in a relationship, it is natural to look outside the relationship for that which is missing. Divorce is not a bad word. If you think so, then I say Marriage is even worse because that basically means you are branded and submit to be possessed by another for life. I am in a relationship because I want to be... not because I have to be. Let's name some vices... Alcohol, book clubs, support groups, counseling sessions, or even sex outside the relationship. In Spain there are bordellos set up in just about every town which caters to both single and married men. Another vice.
If married couple can maintain their relationship through various devices such as independent social groups, clubs, etc... what is wrong with that? So why would an occasional affair (a vice) be considered negative if it doesn't distract from the other aspects of the relationship.There are many different lifestyles couples engage including open relationships and swingers. Who are we to judge? And don't quote verses from the Bible because for many people the scriptures are simply another philosophy for living. If it is yours, so be it, I will not judge or criticize you for it.In closing, I would like to offer that there is nothing unique when it comes to people from one country or another. In todays globetrotting world, there is no 'normal' either. We are influenced by the people and media around us. CNN, MTV, etc...
At the core, we are all the same. How easily influenced we are by political propaganda and the brainwashing (or programming if you prefer) of various institutions in their attempt to establish society norms is the difference."The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being

overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and

sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege

of owning yourself." - Friedrich Nietzsche
I don't know why everyone likes to quote that scum bucket nietzsche what words of wisdom does a man who came up with the death camps to hold Jews in World War II have??

You are perfectly right ! I was born here from foreign parents and I've lived abroad many years. The fact is that the way argentine women look, their clothes, their behaviour, is the only one that achieves some success with argentine men. If they tried to wear more classic, every argentine man would say to them "please madam, would you mind moving back ? if you keep here I cannot look at the beautiful girls"
And that chavinism that you tell, that according to them everthing is better here, is the only way to survive, in fact if you try to critize the argentine, you will find yourself alone, but so alone that you will never get a friend in the rest of your life.
Bye bye

Auntieapple,
You're right about the lizard skin. Many women here lie too much in the sun and that results in skin damage. I don't think that's the reason why they don't wear make-up, though. Personally, I think North American women in general have nicer complexions.
MikeBA,
Not all Argentine women have hourglass shapes. Actually, a great many are too skinny and look anorexic. Some have nice butts but the majority are flat-chested. You won't see too many women with big breasts around here.
I agree that Argentine girls have ugly faces. Their facial features tend to be quite unrefined.

"Johny" said:
Auntieapple,
You're right about the lizard skin. Many women here lie too much in the sun and that results in skin damage. I don't think that's the reason why they don't wear make-up, though. Personally, I think North American women in general have nicer complexions.
MikeBA,
Not all Argentine women have hourglass shapes. Actually, a great many are too skinny and look anorexic. Some have nice butts but the majority are flat-chested. You won't see too many women with big breasts around here.
I agree that Argentine girls have ugly faces. Their facial features tend to be quite unrefined.
That's true let me rephrase most of them have big hips... I think that more what I was trying to say. Anyways you get the point lol

MikeBA says; "I don't know why everyone likes to quote that scum bucket nietzsche
what words of wisdom does a man who came up with the death camps to
hold Jews in World War II have??"I don't believe "everyone" likes to quote Nietsche but if so many people do that it seems like everyone, perhaps there is something here that you are missing. According to the Stanford Encyclopedia, "Friedrich Nietzsche was a German philosopher of the late 19th century
who challenged the foundations of traditional morality and
Christianity. He believed in life, creativity, health, and the
realities of the world we live in, rather than those situated in a
world beyond. Central to Nietzsche's philosophy is the idea of
"life-affirmation," which involves an honest questioning of all
doctrines which drain life's energies, however socially prevalent those
views might be. Often referred to as one of the first "existentialist"
philosophers, Nietzsche has inspired leading figures in all walks of
cultural life, including dancers, poets, novelists, painters,
psychologists, philosophers, sociologists and social revolutionaries." He was born in 1844 and died in the year 1900. Well before WWII. Not one publication I could find said anything about Nietzsche designing the German Concentration Camps. In fact, it was Henry Ford and his war on Jews who had the greatest impact as Hitler's role model for his antisemitism. Search the internet and you will find lots of information regarding same. Have you driven a Ford lately?

I wonder that non of you has yet mentioned the voices of the women here. Either they sound like a cartoon character or like they were smoking and drinking whiskey since over 20 years.

"jedi1307" said:
I wonder that non of you has yet mentioned the voices of the women here. Either they sound like a cartoon character or like they were smoking and drinking whiskey since over 20 years.
Hey guys/gals... I can see where this thread is going (in circles) Like a dog chasing his tail. There has been very few constructive posts. For those of you who have nothing good to say about the women here, I say "It sucks to be you!" This topic is more of a support group by men who have been either rejected, dumped, or simply cannot find a female friend here. Or maybe you are all really homosexuals who have yet to come out of the closet. Again, it sucks to be you. Suerte! Peace/Out!

Before any of my gay friends 'divorce' me, I would like say that I have no negative feelings for people who are comfortable with themselves and know who they are. What I cannot support are people who judge other people without any basis or foundation for their comments. Can you honestly judge Argentine women by your limited experience in Buenos Aires, even if you have been here a couple of years. This is what is wrong with society today. Shallow minds. Lizard skin, voices too high or raspy, fat, etc... Just spit out anything and see if it sticks. Ha, ha, ha! Wasn't that funny!
Having observed this post for the past couple of days, I say this is a waste of time. Nothing more than a place to write graffiti on the wall and bash other people because some of you are not content with your ability to find the "right" woman (or man).So this will be my last comment on the matter. Have fun!

Back