Arriving In November: Hello And Advice Welcome!

Any tips, restaurant recommendations, and advice are welcome. We've got an apartment in Palermo and that's about the extent of our plans for now.

Bring dollars and exchange them on the black market for pesos. You do not want to withdraw pesos at the "official" rate from an ATM.

I like Argentinian beef because it is cheap. At home in Australia the quality of beef is really good, but it is prohibitively expensive. Whilst a block of chocolate costs about $4, a pack of about 2 or 3 sirloin steaks is about $30. Here in BA, a block of chocolate is $30+ pesos and 2 or 3 bifes de chorizos is the same. I understand that the beef here is probably not of the quality it was before the rise in grain production. But seriously, I love steak so much, I am just grateful that I can afford to eat it 2 or 3 times a week :)

I like Argentinian beef because it is cheap. At home in Australia the quality of beef is really good, but it is prohibitively expensive. But seriously, I love steak so much, I am just grateful that I can afford to eat it 2 or 3 times a week :)
Hmmm, back home in Japan, the Aussie beefs are pretty much the lowest priced amongst the imported from country such as Us, Australia and elsewhere. A chef acquiantances of my in Tokyo once told me, the beef from Paraguay or Uruguay are very tasty and better than the US or AU beefs...

Hmmm, back home in Japan, the Aussie beefs are pretty much the lowest priced amongst the imported from country such as Us, Australia and elsewhere. A chef acquiantances of my in Tokyo once told me, the beef from Paraguay or Uruguay are very tasty and better than the US or AU beefs...

I guess it depends a lot exactly where the beef came from, individual taste etc, I know nothing about beef production in Aus except supermarket beef (which is probably the stuff they export) is never as good as the stuff you get in the Butcher, but it's cheaper, so most people go for that.

Japanese beef for me is by far the best.... Every time somebody mentions Japan I am brought back to the highlight of my visit there, eating grade A10+ Kobe... At home I brought some grade A5+ Australian Wagyu ($80aud p/kg) and cooked it myself, whilst is was insanely good, it wasn't as full on as the kobe. However, at 10,000 yen a piece, if that steak wasn't amazing I would have been disappointed.

No way the beef is anywhere near as good as it was 10 years ago. If there's a secret stash out there somewhere with consistent supply, please share!!

Back