Arriving In November: Hello And Advice Welcome!

The Royal Club has just posted their Turkey Day menu (www.theroyalclub.com.ar) $400 pesos plus $180 pesos wine. I'm a fan of this 'best kept' secret in Recoleta.

My observation is that Chef Andrea has been sporadic with her events in the past. I see also a date in late October with Asian Fusion on the menu.

Very cool atmosphere and the great hospitality is only overshadowed by the food.

We're from Canada, but haven't found anyone to have Thanksgiving with, so if you are organizing dinner, we'd be overjoyed to get an invitation, even if it's American. :p We're in Palermo Hollywood, but game to travel to wherever you are, and can bring some food, too!! Keep us posted, lol! :D :D :D

The Royal Club has just posted their Turkey Day menu (www.theroyalclub.com.ar) $400 pesos plus $180 pesos wine. I'm a fan of this 'best kept' secret in Recoleta.

My observation is that Chef Andrea has been sporadic with her events in the past. I see also a date in late October with Asian Fusion on the menu.

Very cool atmosphere and the great hospitality is only overshadowed by the food.

Wow, that seems pretty expensive, though I appreciate she has a small place so can't cook for many people and turkey is pretty expensive at the moment - but hell its not as though she is serving something really pricey like tomatoes! If anyone could tolerate the idea of a Thanksgiving dinner cooked by an Englishman, I might be inclined to provide something more economical! I have a nice dining room and terrace for 20-30 people and a full catering kitchen. I know this site isn't about promoting one's commercial offering (unless you are Bajo Zero jajaja) but I am just mulling over the idea. Would there really be enough of you, say 20, to make it worth while. I was thinking of around 4 courses, Turkey and all the trimmings, cocktail and wines at around 360 pesos. Is this an appealing idea?

I went to Kansas last year for thanksgiving and it was decently priced but the turkey was a bit cold :( other than that the food was really good. I did notice some people getting the thanksgiving special for take out too!

Hi Jayme! My name is Andrea, i am new to the forum but i am living here, part time, for the last 4 years.
Argentine(left the country for work 15 years ago, i am a chef) but married to an american for the last 13 years, we celebrate Thanksgiving every year here in BA.

We make a big dinner at home, paired with wine, we have to charge for it because normally is very decadent, if you dont have plans yet, just call, 15-58571897

As for recomendations to enjoy good food in general, we have some favorites places since we arrived, let see,

LA CABRERA, for the best steak(little pricey, but great!)-Palermo-OR "LA BRIGADA". -San Telmo-
FERVOR, for a great seafood parrillada.-Recoleta-
PETANQUE, french food, great atmosphere(similar to Pastis en NYC),better prices.-San Telmo-
SAGARDI, best real spanish style tapas bar.-San Telmo(across the street from the San Pedro Telmo church)-
TANDOOR, for indian food.-Palermo-

and, i can keep going but you have some places to start with, welcome and good luck!

Thanks for the restaurant tips! We would love to join for Thanksgiving dinner. I will give you a call in the next couple of days. I carted a can of pumpkin pie filling from the states, so we can bring the pie!

Great post with lots of helpful tips and info.

Heading over to BA next week from Australia so lots of last minute research as my life mainly revolves around food, food and more food!

Hi Jayme! How did you go organising something for Thanksgiving?

My partner and I are thinking we should organise a social expat thing Christmas. We arrived start of Nov too, living in San Telmo, but were thinking a get-together in Palermo might be appropriate. Would love to know if you got any traction with thanksgiving shindig! Have you heard of any other Xmas things?

Cheers
Lexi (from Melbourne, Aus)

Great idea . I once arranged a picnic in Bosques de Palermo and the uptake was pretty good. Throw out a tentative invitation and see what you get . ( i mean in a separate post ) You might be better off doing an invite that does not fall on the exact holiday as a lot of people have Argentine family so do have family commitments.

Back