Cfk wins

JWB

Registered
Well, didn't see any posts so thought I would be the first.

CFK wins with 53%+ of the vote which shows that 53% of the voters are nothing more than pathetic slaves to the government with zero brain cells between the lot of them.

Prepare yourself. Now that she has won again, there is no reason to keep the economy propped up on false numbers and lies. The next collapse looms closer than you think.

What a sad, telling day for Argentina. (not that it was any surprise).

as a local i can sadly say that i agree with you 100% That is the reason why we were never able to develop as a strong country. A mayority of our population always votes for the most corrupted option. Then cheers follow and they elevate that person to the status of a god....then everything collapses..then no one voted for that person...The person walks away millionaire with no legal problems whatsoever (they have each other´s backs...peer to peer loyalty sorta way...Menem just got saved by Cristina...whoever comes next will do the same thing for her...assuming the next corrupted option gets elected)

The above comments are a little simplistic for me...I suspect 53% voted for her because they thought they were better off under her regime...not so different from the last 20 years in Europe. And frankly there is only one major problem here, inflation (and a very good reason to lie about it - the bond payments are indexed linked so the smaller the "official" rate of inflation the less they pay to creditors). As long as there is a decent devaluation, Argentine business will continue to be competitive. And due to their "anti-competitive" controls, they still have manufacturing ability (unlike the UK for instance).

The most important thing is going to be who is the Minister of Economy?

Only one major problem?

What about the fact that the poverty rate and number of villa miserias is at an all-time high? But supposedly unemployment is low? How can that be?

What about the fact that if you leave Argentina, you may as well use your pesos as TOILET PAPER? (A way to measure an economy is by looking at the strength of its currency)

I can go on.

in any case, does any of you know anything about the guy who came in second?

Miles Lewis said:
The above comments are a little simplistic for me...I suspect 53% voted for her because they thought they were better off under her regime...not so different from the last 20 years in Europe. And frankly there is only one major problem here, inflation (and a very good reason to lie about it - the bond payments are indexed linked so the smaller the "official" rate of inflation the less they pay to creditors). As long as there is a decent devaluation, Argentine business will continue to be competitive. And due to their "anti-competitive" controls, they still have manufacturing ability (unlike the UK for instance).

The most important thing is going to be who is the Minister of Economy?

There´s no such thing as industry here...no infrastructure, no job creation....sky high poverty rates...they tell you there is low unemployment but what they dont say is that the average salary here positions right into the poverty group.... that counting someone that actually has a legal job...after taxes that person is poor...at best.....if you count ppl working illegal jobs (en negro) they are completaly left outside the system...they cannot fight for a raise in a country with also sky high inflation...these ppl are poor at best, not to mention horrible working conditions and no protection at all.... then you have unemployed ppl....these group are completaly left behind....these 3 groups comprise the mayority of our population right now..hence...53% votes for this govnmnt...sounds crazy ?? yes, but it´s still so...the omnipresent cristina provides welfare in exchange of their vote..plain and simple...this is currently our democratic system....i make sure you are poor.....i give you money so you dont starve...i get your vote...."everyone" is happy :S
On the other side...you have ppl working for the govnmnt...their salary is crazy high (and of course they recieve a 30% raise yearly) but depends strictly on this regime to continue...these ppls also vote for cristina....and im not even counting the hundreds if not thousands of corrupted polititians and also mafias being directly on Kirchner´s payroll all through the country "spreading the word".
Every average person that has a legal non-governmnt job and pays ALL the high taxes out there (and does not need welfare money to survive) definately has not voted for this regime..unfortunately....we are the smallest half !!

jazrgz said:
1 ....if you count ppl working illegal jobs (en negro) they are completaly left outside the system..\

Every average person that has a legal non-governmnt job and pays ALL the high taxes out there (and does not need welfare money to survive) definately has not voted for this regime..unfortunately....we are the smallest half !!

1)if the system sucks then isn't it better to be outside of it? en negro? All informal deals between private individuals are done in that way, why is that automatically bad?

2)you might benefit from studying the recent history of South Africa

Matt84 said:
in any case, does any of you know anything about the guy who came in second?

all, with the exception of Duhalde (probably..not sure though) are HONEST !! and they all have various productive plans for this country...all of them range from far left to right wing...going through all the possible options in between....(remember that asigacion por hijo, for example is a plan that belongs to lilita carrio...though she thought of it as really universal...not just for those families that go to all the political rallies crisitna wants them to go and then vote for her...)
cristina´s plan ???????? Profundizar el modelo !! .....what is el modelo ???? we are yet to find out but it sure aint pretty....:S

Back