Cfk wins

Matt84 said:
1)if the system sucks then isn't it better to be outside of it? en negro? All informal deals between private individuals are done in that way, why is that automatically bad?

2)you might benefit from studying the recent history of South Africa

1) the system is being them outside of it....this regime would not survive including all those left behind...in the end..the purpose of this system is to gain the mayority of votes during elections...It´s working so far !

2) if you are telling me that peronism got to south africa i will definately lookin into it and how it worked out....otherwise, i might as well lookin into the history of mongoly...nothing to do with ours..

wow! how do you get so many honest people together both in Argentina and in politics is beyond my grasp, but I'm sure that if whoever second had won the modelo and the kleptocracy wouldn't be much different, call me a cynic

no, I'm telling you that, much like caramel, Peronism or what it stands for and provokes, is not an exclusively Argentine phenomenon. You mentioned a self sustaining minority paying for the bulk of gov income and creating jobs in the private sector. Well, there are some parallels but I wont be the one who spells them.

Matt84 said:
wow! how do you get so many honest people together both in Argentina and in politics is beyond my grasp, but I'm sure that if whoever second had won the modelo and the kleptocracy wouldn't be much different, call me a cynic

Carrio, Binner, altamira, Rodriguez Saa....compleately clean sheets....not one case of corruption and they can definately prove all their assets.....kirchner ?????? not a chance in hell !!! all of their ministers, many of their friend judges and countless other political and non-political figures supporting the cause cant either...well, they dont really have to, they dont even need to lie about it....they are definately above the law ! So is menem btw thanks to his recent alliance with the cause!!!

Matt84 said:
1)if the system sucks then isn't it better to be outside of it? en negro? All informal deals between private individuals are done in that way, why is that automatically bad?

2)you might benefit from studying the recent history of South Africa

1) If you're working in negro, it's generally because your employer wants to avoid paying your taxes and doesn't usually imply any benefit to the employee. People in negro usually don't have a health plan through their employer, don't receive the 13th month salary, don't get sick pay and can be hired and fired at will. Of course, many of them go on to sue their employers when eventually fired, but this still doesn't make being "en negro" a particularly pleasant/beneficial experience. From what I've seen, most people en negro do either low-skill jobs, do not have a visa or work in one of the industries where being in negro is pretty common (I've seen a lot of people in negro working in publishing, journalism). I think most people aspire to be contracted employees (and reap the massive benefits of being a contracted employee that one gets here in Argentina

dani28 said:
Only one major problem?

What about the fact that the poverty rate and number of villa miserias is at an all-time high? But supposedly unemployment is low? How can that be?

Are you serious?

Where did you find these statistics? Did they come to you in a vision?

http://data.worldbank.org/country/argentina

Let's assume for the sake of the argument that INDEC's figures are rubbery. So, take a look at the World Bank's numbers. Unemployment has fallen from 18.3% in 2001 to 8.6% in 2009. Urban poverty has fallen from 26.9% in 2006 to 9.9% in 2010. Infant mortality is falling, school enrollments are increasing. Funding of education as % of GDP has more than tripled.

A lot is made of the "handouts" given to entice the "masses" to vote for CFK (with the implication that the masses are obviously stupid sheep who just do whatever they're told for some trinkets).

These "handouts" are things like subsidised gas & electricity, asignacion universal por hijo, dignified housing projects, etc. These are all excellent, very well directed programs which provide the greatest support to those in the greatest need.

Most people in this forum look at Argentinian politics from their own self-interested position (oh, [peanut butter, pancake mix, a new ipad] is so expensive because of import restrictions, CFK is the devil!). As a direct consequence of policies like that, this year Argentina's manufacturing exports exceeded agricultural exports for the first time in its history.

In another thread, the usual suspects have pronounced the death of the peso (for the 12th time this year) and general chaos as a result of CFK's reelection. Lets see how that plays out!

This argument that CFK is the spawn of satan and everything she does is evil is just as intellectually bankrupt as bowing at the altar of Kirchenerism. Four legs good, two legs bad! The reality is that most people are better off as a result of her (and Nestor's) government's work and policies. No doubt things could be done better -- things can always be done better, but they can also be done a hell of a lot worse.

Ashley said:
1) If you're working in negro, it's generally because your employer wants to avoid paying your taxes and doesn't usually imply any benefit to the employee. People in negro usually don't have a health plan through their employer, don't receive the 13th month salary, don't get sick pay and can be hired and fired at will. Of course, many of them go on to sue their employers when eventually fired, but this still doesn't make being "en negro" a particularly pleasant/beneficial experience. From what I've seen, most people en negro do either low-skill jobs, do not have a visa or work in one of the industries where being in negro is pretty common (I've seen a lot of people in negro working in publishing, journalism). I think most people aspire to be contracted employees (and reap the massive benefits of being a contracted employee that one gets here in Argentina

Same for employees working legally as a montributista en factura (the preferred method for those schools not hiring en negro), not too many positions where Englsih teachers work on contract anymore. Argentine English teachers usually try to get a few hours working in the public schools so they can get some benefits they do not recieve working for private schools.

Back