Cfk wins

ndcj said:
Wow, I know three blind mice, therefore all mice are blind.

You have to be blind not to see the effect that the new protectionist policies are having on foreign companies trying to operate a business here, Imports blocked, companies can't get essential supplies to maintain operations. After being away in London for 10 weeks I return to find the computer shops only stock half the number of laptops they did before I went away ....they cost more now... 10% to 20% -how have these protectionist measures helped computer afford-ability ?

Instead of handing out condoms & family planning kits to the poor they bribe them with 'baby bonus' incentives...they play Robin Hood while they suffocate the entrepreneurial class to death...money is leaving this country fast & here you are trying to convince me of the opposite...sorry but I disagree.

notebook.fix said:

CEPR at least offers statistics and sources to back up their report. You obviously disagree with the conclusions drawn, but which of the facts that premise their argument do you disagree with?

You've so far offered nothing to this topic other than telling us everyone is "running for the exits" in spite of hard facts to the contrary. Where are your facts to back it up?

ndcj said:
CEPR at least offers statistics and sources to back up their report. You obviously disagree with the conclusions drawn, but which of the facts that premise their argument do you disagree with?

You've so far offered nothing to this topic other than telling us everyone is "running for the exits" in spite of hard facts to the contrary. Where are your facts to back it up?

As an example, I have offered verifiable -'on the ground' feedback on aspects of the computer industry here, I have just returned from another major retailer, 5mins ago..Fravega ...the same thing...8 notebooks (7x locally made 1x left over pre import bans) in stock as opposed to the usual 20x plus. Oh..I forgot, I can choose between two brands now..great competition! The salesman confirmed that the prices have risen 10 to 20% in the last 3+ months as a result of the Govs blocking of imports.

You on the other hand have been plucking figures from Indec & left leaning uni students in order to support your idealist beliefs. I rest my case.

Please, step back from the keyboard, go outside & walk around the shops in your local area...ask & check with shop retailers what is going on....then come back & give me an update on what you have found.

I agree with notebookfix.
I also work in the Computer business, building and repairing them. The choice has declined dramatically and now some components are extremely difficult to source.
Madness!

notebook.fix said:
You on the other hand have been plucking figures from Indec & left leaning uni students in order to support your idealist beliefs. I rest my case.

So that's no, you don't have any numbers, only a combination of a couple of anecdotes and the feeling of upset that the laptop you wanted wasn't in stock at Fravega.

A quick look on MercadoLibre shows plenty of options for a laptop, by the way. Dell seems to have stock too.

Maybe you missed your calling. Perhaps Argentina's economic future really can be divined by the "notebook.fix's laptop availability test".

Numbers, facts, hard data. There's plenty of existing whining threads for complaints about lack of peanut butter and premade pancake mix, you can go and add imported laptops to the list! :rolleyes:

Gringoboy said:
I agree with notebookfix.
I also work in the Computer business, building and repairing them. The choice has declined dramatically and now some components are extremely difficult to source.
Madness!

I just built a new PC with top of the line components easily sourced. Do you need some tips on where to buy PC components? What are you looking for? Maybe we can start another thread with good sources of electronics components, because they do exist.

ndcj said:
I just built a new PC with top of the line components easily sourced.

I would be interested to know the brand names of the top of the line components you have used and where you get them from ?

ndcj said:
I just built a new PC with top of the line components easily sourced. Do you need some tips on where to buy PC components? What are you looking for? Maybe we can start another thread with good sources of electronics components, because they do exist.

I would welcome any pointers you have, thanks.
After all, this is a community :)

Back