Chavez Is Dead...

Honestly, for me what is most upsetting and what really rubs me the wrong way about this whole thing thus far is how much outpouring and devastation there is from Cristina for her poor, dear Hugo. To show her respects, she has declared three days of mourning and is on her way to Caracas, blah blah blah...

But where was that kind of empathy and emotion from her or any of the people on top when 51 innocent people died about a year ago in the train crash in Once? As far as I can see, nothing ever ultimately became of that... Or Carolina Piparo (think waaaaaay back, to 2011, when that pregnant woman was shot in the stomach by some chorro thugs in La Plata after a bank transaction)... Or all the other uncountable number of instances when there was incredible suffering and unnecessary pain taking place in her own beloved pueblo, if it didn't involve a photo op or some way to play the blame game at Macri or whatever else suited her cause at the time, Cristina couldn't be bothered... What the hell is her problem?

In the light of the circumstances, this whole dog and pony show is sickening... BASTA!!!

http://www.lanacion....-del-venezolano
Post of the Month

However this plays out, I just hope the US stays out of it. If some brainiac at the Pentagon decides that it is in the US interest to step in militarily in Venezuela, this entire region will explode. There will be no greater insult to the people of South America, independently of political affiliations, than to have US Marines shooting guns on the streets of a major South American city.
I also see this as highly unlikely as the Powers That Be have to wait around 10 years since the last disastrous overseas adventure to try to foist the next one off on the public. After 10 years, these disasters are forgotten by the general public.

common guys. The US has very little interest in hugos highly diminished oil assets. But there are some very pissed off corporations out there like Exxon and Sidor that would like their assets back.

A while back I read Nicolo Machiavelli's The Prince. I still have the book. And while Chavez may have won power democratically,
let's not forget that he closed at least one TV station that was critical of him and confiscated private property at will.
If that isn't a dictator I don't know what is.

He didnt closed it. What he did, is not to renew the contract that that tv channel had with the State. Period.

Besides, have you ever read venezuelan press?!??!! Chavez had like 3 tv channels and the most importants newspaper (the same that happens to Cristina here) oposing to him!! thats freedom of the press!!
study what the tv channels did in the coup d Etat he suffered in 2002, how they celebrated it and announced the new government (that lasted one day)...

I think the Rule of Law is probably a good starting point for separating leaders like Castro, Chavez, and (increasingly) CFK from Thatcher, Bush, et al.

would you explain a little better how the rule of law is not working here in Argentina, increasingly, and how didnt work in Venezuela? In what particular action? I need details. Im asking because I actually really dont know what are you referring to.

To be fair, I don't think the names Bush, Obama and the term "Rule of Law" go well together at all.

Summarizing+Eric+Holder.jpg

He didnt closed it. What he did, is not to renew the contract that that tv channel had with the State. Period.

Since when is the president of a country put in charge of renewing the contract of TV stations ???...

I disliked his politics but celebrating the death of a democratically elected politician is rather pathetic.

I disliked his politics as well, and would never celebrate his death. However, I hope you are aware and understand that he was not necessarily truly elected democratically? When they had that vote to see if he could remain perpetually in power forever, it was really to see who would vote against him. Then he moved in against those people and confiscated their private property. Many Venezuelans left the country in the last elections so they would not have to vote against Chavez and thus get their house or possessions taken away from them. People have been scared to death to vote against Chavez in the last elections, especially those with something to lose.

44% of the country voted against Chavez in the last election. Were they all scared to death? Were plans drawn up to confiscate half the country's property?

Independent election monitors consistently reported that elections were free and fair.

Its undeniable that life became less comfortable for millions of people during Chavez's time in office. Its also undeniable that life improved for millions living in poverty.

I wasn't a huge fan of his politics but the portrayal of Chavez as an evil fascist dictator borders on the ridiculous.

Besides, have you ever read venezuelan press?!??!! Chavez had like 3 tv channels and the most importants newspaper (the same that happens to Cristina here) oposing to him!! thats freedom of the press!!
study what the tv channels did in the coup d Etat he suffered in 2002, how they celebrated it and announced the new government (that lasted one day)...
would you explain a little better how the rule of law is not working here in Argentina, increasingly, and how didnt work in Venezuela? In what particular action? I need details. Im asking because I actually really dont know what are you referring to.

About the press, this is where Chavez, CFK and most of the left wing like you on this continent is doing it all wrong. Even if the press have been reporting "wrong" before you cant just force them to report like you want them to. And neither can you have your own controlled press to report the way you want them to. Then you are no better then the forces that you try to fight. Public news need and must be better than that. They must investigate, report and write about anything without being pushed in any direction or having to fear anyone. They need to be independent. They work for the public and therefore reports equally critic about politicans(gov or opposition), private companies, judges, polices, military etc.

The same goes for rule of law. Chavez has during his years increased his own power as much as the parliament and independent institutions has lost power. Most scary is how the supreme court no longer seems to make a decision that is not already decided by Chavez or his ministers. This is a very dangerous path, cause the day the "wrong" person comes to power there are no democratic tools left to control that person with.

CFK is walking down a similar path. And when it comes to rule of law, check those indexes for Argentina and Venezuela.
Another example here in Argentina is the Supreme Court decision from 2008, Ley 23551, art. 41. that CFK has done nothing about.
For those who do not no what it is. It is a court ruling pretty much saying that the peronist CGT can no longer have its monopoly over wage bargaining. 5 years later CFK has not done anything about this ruling. CFK vs Rule of Law 1-0

Back