Craving For Arabian Sweets

I think you might also find them at Restaurant del Club Sirio Libanés.
This is their web page http://www.chefabdala.com.ar/
and you can also find them on FB

All you ever wanted to know about ME delicacies... !

http://www.conexionbrando.com/1532970

2b8ce33bd3e032a33c058d885682212f.jpg

You can get those sweets (and hummus etc.) in Palermo on the corner of Malabia and Cabrera

Quiet a lot of Sicilians here too and I can't seem to find an Aragostini. (yeah yeah sfogliatella, it's not the same thing and that Italian girl was right all along, it's not the same farina!)

Sweets like this are too high in calories. One of two of them could be a major portion of your entire calorie intake for the day as per your excercise levels.

True for Metrosexuales like you..... :D For me one bite of a piece of baklava is enough for a year.... I posted the link to help Others that may like them! :wub:

Quiet a lot of Sicilians here too and I can't seem to find an Aragostini. (yeah yeah sfogliatella, it's not the same thing and that Italian girl was right all along, it's not the same farina!)

That was me (maybe under a different nickname at the time). To be honest, it is quite hard to find a decent a sfogliatella outside of Naples and surroundings, so I guess it is almost impossible to find a decent one in BsAs. It would be interesting to know if there is a Southern pastry shop somewhere, so that we can go and rant about their cannoli with crema pastelera (OMG!) and other aberrations.

Anyway, I am still experimenting with the local harina, polvo para hornear, gluten and gelatina but so far I am quite disappointed. That's nowhere close to what I know.

It's kind of remote, but this has what you are looking for:

El horno de medio oriente
Juan de Garay 2501

It's worth the trip just for the baklava!

That was me (maybe under a different nickname at the time). To be honest, it is quite hard to find a decent a sfogliatella outside of Naples and surroundings, so I guess it is almost impossible to find a decent one in BsAs. It would be interesting to know if there is a Southern pastry shop somewhere, so that we can go and rant about their cannoli with crema pastelera (OMG!) and other aberrations.

Anyway, I am still experimenting with the local harina, polvo para hornear, gluten and gelatina but so far I am quite disappointed. That's nowhere close to what I know.

Are you planning to bake Arabian Sweets :D ?? to share your recipes ? B)

Back