Craving For Arabian Sweets

The BEST dulce de leche is the one I Make at home boiling condensed milk cans. You can control de color and degree of processing :wub:

Do you use Nestlè's? I tried that once, but it remained liquid. O___o
That was back home, I think here it is cheaper to buy the final product, anyway.

Since when my husband discovered that I can make the best dulce de leche ice cream, he buys *me* dulce de leche every week... I could share delicious recipes for DDL ice-cream, but I am afraid my citizenship could be revoked.

I hardly eat ddl,for health reasons,but if not,i will leave on toasted bread with butter and ddl...

That was me (maybe under a different nickname at the time). To be honest, it is quite hard to find a decent a sfogliatella outside of Naples and surroundings, so I guess it is almost impossible to find a decent one in BsAs. It would be interesting to know if there is a Southern pastry shop somewhere, so that we can go and rant about their cannoli with crema pastelera (OMG!) and other aberrations.

Anyway, I am still experimenting with the local harina, polvo para hornear, gluten and gelatina but so far I am quite disappointed. That's nowhere close to what I know.

Well i just want whatever aragostini are called in the continent (i ve found them even in the barbarian towns north of the alps) but cannoli with nocciola would be very nice too!
I am entertaining the sad theory that they simply degenerated into heavy canioncitos de dulce de leche (or pastelera) because there is no diversity of flours in the land of cereals (which i must admit I laughed when you first mentioned it and now i must swallow my scorn along with incredibly "heavy" sugared bread when i try to eat a simple "croissant")

Okay, let's talk about cannoli.

Today I came across this post that talks about a Panaderia Italiana called Pompeya. I have no feedback from Italians and I never visited the place. In the slideshow you can see the empty cannoli. I also highly doubt that they use marsala to make the crust, the ones in the pictures are too pale (I am seeking for marsala myself, so if you know where I can find it, please share).
The point is where the hell do you find ricotta de oveja (ricotta made with sheep milk) for the filling in Buenos Aires? I tried the most expensive (cow milk) ricotta at Coto (in a plastic cup) but it was nowhere close to a truly fresh ricotta. Anyway I don't have the equipment to make cannoli (the rollers).

There is another post about Pompeya, but unfortunately no website. Looks like someone has to make a sacrifice and go there in person.

Back