Craving For Arabian Sweets

Are you planning to bake Arabian Sweets :D ?? to share your recipes ? B)

Unfortunately I have no idea of what they are made of and what makes them so yummy to my palate. But I remember cooking some Greek cake years ago and it was awful due to the sticky honey and caramelized sugar all over. The cake was delicious, I just complain about the cleaning afterwards ;)

Unfortunately/luckily Italian cuisine is fairly simple, and I get discouraged easily when reading recipes from abroad. I'd love to be able to cook some Austro-Hungarian dishes, but there are a number of spices required which I don't have/don't know, I even tried some Austrian cakes from Sacher's recipe book but I was a failure... drooling the whole time, and in the end the result was so disappointing!

I love to eat, but I am not that great of an experimenting cook. :p

Unfortunately I have no idea of what they are made of and what makes them so yummy to my palate. But I remember cooking some Greek cake years ago and it was awful due to the sticky honey and caramelized sugar all over. The cake was delicious, I just complain about the cleaning afterwards ;)

Unfortunately/luckily Italian cuisine is fairly simple, and I get discouraged easily when reading recipes from abroad. I'd love to be able to cook some Austro-Hungarian dishes, but there are a number of spices required which I don't have/don't know, I even tried some Austrian cakes from Sacher's recipe book but I was a failure... drooling the whole time, and in the end the result was so disappointing!

I love to eat, but I am not that great of an experimenting cook. :p

Can you make canoli? If you can, there is no need to make anything else! :)

In Las Canitas on Arce and Olleros there is an Arab place and they opened an Arab confiteria next door -- I haven't been by for awhile but presume they are still going strong. The owners are Turkish and Syrian

I'm sorry to tell you those sweets have been outlawed by the current government. They contain no dulce de letche and are therefor considered un-patriotic.

On a serious note you can get them at the above mentioned locales in the Armenian neighborhood of Palermo Soho.

My first wife was Iraqi. Her mom used to bake plates of baklava and other desserts for me (her favorite son) along with every other Middle-Eastern dish I loved. I should have married her instead of my ex-wife. Needless to say I'm now half of the man I used to be. :)

Sweets like this are too high in calories. One of two of them could be a major portion of your entire calorie intake for the day as per your excercise levels.
Most of those sweets arent arabic,they are turkish,the ones on top are baklava.
Arabic sweets,well,the most famous one,i think is knafe.
You can find also,in flores in the jewish shops,most of the jews in flores are arabian,primarely from syria,also in helueni,a jewish oriental confiteria.
Probably you can ask in the club sirio libanes

I'm sorry to tell you those sweets have been outlawed by the current government. They contain no dulce de leche and are therefore considered unpatriotic.

In a serious effort to integrate in Argentina, I am now serving a pot of dulce de leche along any sweet I make, including tiramisù, gelato alla crema, various cakes. It really tears my heart, but my guests seem to appreciate that gesture a great deal and I get more compliments this way.

In a serious effort to integrate in Argentina, I am now serving a pot of dulce de leche along any sweet I make, including tiramisù, gelato alla crema, various cakes. It really tears my heart, but my guests seem to appreciate that gesture a great deal and I get more compliment this way.
Dulce de leche,is great!!!

Not when it is in EVERYTHING. :)
Well,on something sweet,im not going to put dulce de leche on an asado,but you can find plenty of facturas with no dulce de leche,maybe with crema pastelera,or mermelade,or chocolate,or nothing at all.

In a serious effort to integrate in Argentina, I am now serving a pot of dulce de leche along any sweet I make, including tiramisù, gelato alla crema, various cakes. It really tears my heart, but my guests seem to appreciate that gesture a great deal and I get more compliments this way.
Don't sell your soul for pleasure of the plebs.

Back