Dating In Argentina / Dating Argentine Men

Perhaps a thread about prostitution is of interest for hetero men, the original thread was Dating Argie. Men... !! this concerned women and gays. :D .!

Personally I prefer to be in relationships that are monogamous and faithful. I am realistic though and know that is very unlikely here. The problem with Argentine men are they will talk about everybody elses problems and issues, but they never address their own issues or demons. They also have a hard time being very honest in general and are prone to unexpected mood swings and depression.
It's general rule here to wait until a problem is very serious to then deal with an issue, instead of working to prevent the problem or dealing with it when it's just beginning, and that same thing carries over to relationships. A good analogy for this is the smoke detector and fire extinguisher issue. In the USA, people have smoke detectors, fire drills, doors don't lock from the inside with keys usually, to plan and prevent fires or keep injuries to a minimum - here in Argentina smoke detectors are non-existant, nobody ever heard of a fire drill and doors lock from the inside with a key - however there are fire extinguishers everywhere - so in Argentina they prefer to wait for the raging flames and thick smoke and fight them back with a fire extinguisher when there is already a huge fire, while in the USA we are alerted by the smoke detectors when the problem just starts, know the escape route, and can easily open the door to get out. Here if you don't have the key you are pretty much cooked if the fire extinguishers run out and you don't find the key - see what I mean??

Tal cual! Bien dicho!

Personally I prefer to be in relationships that are monogamous and faithful.

I am wondering, are it just Argentine men that tend to be unfaithful or Argentine women as well? After all, a man needs a woman to be unfaithful with (considering he is straight). I prefer monogamy as well, not just for ideological reasons, but mainly for practical reasons. Sex is not everything that matters in my life and having many partners is rather time consuming. I prefer one good relationship above multiple shallow relationships. The only problem being I am rather selective and it is not easy to find a near perfect partner.

I imagine some Argentine women are unfaithful as are many women around the world. Why do you think so many Argentine women have personal male trainers at the gym? However, I get the feeling that they're not as unfaithful as men are, and a woman's motivation to cheat is usually different than a man's.

I will simply say I know many Argentine men that are faithful. I would hazard a guess that it's really not that much higher of a percentage that are unfaithful here than there are everywhere else in the world. It's just a bit more open here amongst those that are doing it.

I also know several couples that have open relationships and that works for them (they don't happen to be hetero).

ETA - I will say I know a higher percentage of men here that have more casual relationships, especially long-lasting ones than in the US (my frame of reference). They're pretty clear about not being novios or en pareja. So IMO, certainly not cheating when they see other people. I wouldn't be able to handle it but the girls they are with don't seem to be troubled by it.

A good analogy for this is the smoke detector and fire extinguisher issue. In the USA, people have smoke detectors, fire drills, doors don't lock from the inside with keys usually, to plan and prevent fires or keep injuries to a minimum - here in Argentina smoke detectors are non-existant, nobody ever heard of a fire drill and doors lock from the inside with a key - however there are fire extinguishers everywhere - so in Argentina they prefer to wait for the raging flames and thick smoke and fight them back with a fire extinguisher when there is already a huge fire, while in the USA we are alerted by the smoke detectors when the problem just starts, know the escape route, and can easily open the door to get out. Here if you don't have the key you are pretty much cooked if the fire extinguishers run out and you don't find the key - see what I mean??

What you say did not happen in the 11s...

some men are faithful, some cheat on you, and that happens everywhere. The difference is that here they are more open and bragging about it, whilst in other countries like iin the US, they are more hypocritical and puritan.

Reactions: Joe
I still can't understand why anyone would admit in a new relationship that are a mujeriego. Not "I once had an affair", but an honest statement declaring themselves to be a serial cheater. Is it so that they girlfriend can't complain in the future if and when she catches him cheating on her?

I personally am not sure if monogamy really exists, or if it's a natural state for humans. Or is it something we were taught by religion, state, etc? When in a relationship I'm monogamous by choice. But I know of very few men who are monogamous and actually completely satisfied. Not because they don't love their wife, girlfriend, partner because they do, but they still look at other women and fantasize and that's perfectly natural. Here's something to think about. Is it unfair or unreasonable to ask a man to go against his nature and be monogamous? Upon getting married the church tells him he can only have sexual relations with his wife the rest of his wife. Okay, it's considered the norm for both partners. Understandable. Now, if the wife were told upon marrying that she must buy a pair of shoes and use that one pair the rest of her life could she handle it? It may be a silly comparison to make, but honestly how many of us woman could be satisfied with only one pair of shoes for the rest of our lives?

You really can't compare your life partner to a pair of shoes :rolleyes:

Fantasizing about someone else or being sexually turned on by someone else is completely natural and everyone goes through it. Of course I look at a gorgeous guy and go "Yummy!". And I know my SO sees a hot girl and appreciates the view! But I can honestly say, when I am with someone, I have zero desire to make the leap from thinking someone is sexy to cheating on my SO with that person. Why would I? I have an amazing SO and sex with someone else would never compare to what I have with him. And I know he feels the same way.

If you're not happy, IMO, you owe it to your partner to let them know and either find someone else that makes you happy or figure out why you're not and fix it.

Honestly, if either party (or both) feels the need to sleep with other people even though you're happy, nothing wrong with an open relationship. I know of those that have them and it works perfectly. Not my cup of tea but it is for some people.

I will simply say I know many Argentine men that are faithful. I would hazard a guess that it's really not that much higher of a percentage that are unfaithful here than there are everywhere else in the world. It's just a bit more open here amongst those that are doing it.

I also know several couples that have open relationships and that works for them (they don't happen to be hetero).

ETA - I will say I know a higher percentage of men here that have more casual relationships, especially long-lasting ones than in the US (my frame of reference). They're pretty clear about not being novios or en pareja. So IMO, certainly not cheating when they see other people. I wouldn't be able to handle it but the girls they are with don't seem to be troubled by it.
exactly!! well said city Girl!!

Back