Dear Guests...

I don't know about everyone else here, but I buy the better TP and it basically dissolves when I try to blow my nose or heaven forbid wipe! I throw all of it in the toilet and flush. I thought there must be some kind of law dictating that all toilet paper and paper towels manufactured here have to disintegrate before you really have a chance to use them properly!

I have never observed my Argentine in laws here (or when they have visited me in the States) putting used toilet paper in a trash can.

Heh. It's one thing to not hold up to the force of wet air from blowing a nose, but in my experience with other actions, it doesn't break up nearly well enough :)

One of my brothers-in-law works for a distributor here and gets us cheap things from time to time, bought through his employee discount. 40 rolls of Scott TP (30 meters each) for 100 pesos. Unfortunately, I think here Scott uses the same paper for paper towels and toilet paper...

In over 40 years here, I have always flushed TP everywhere. In recent years they started to put signs in some public rest rooms asking not to flush, but these are usually places visited by thousands of people everyday. ( I have to admit that even if there was sign, I still flushed the TP ) It is the first time I ever hear of anybody doing this at a family house or apartment.

Where are your friends from Walsh?

One of my brothers-in-law works for a distributor here and gets us cheap things from time to time, bought through his employee discount. 40 rolls of Scott TP (30 meters each) for 100 pesos. Unfortunately, I think here Scott uses the same paper for paper towels and toilet paper...

Life is too short to buy cheap toilet paper.

In fact lots of establishments have signs asking people not to put paper in the toilet.

God knows, whats the idea behind it? Is it like some vaccum toilet of the aeroplane. Even there, no one says it.

God knows, whats the idea behind it? Is it like some vaccum toilet of the aeroplane. Even there, no one says it.

People don't flush used TP on the airplane?

Well looks like I'm holding it till landing from now on.

People don't flush used TP on the airplane?

Well looks like I'm holding it till landing from now on.

Don't jump the gun! I said, even on aeroplanes, there is no notice, not to flush. But people familar with technology will understand that these vaccum toilets are very delicate, prone to collaspe if someone tries to flush anything other than toilet paper.

I usually see those signs in places where there is a lot of bathroom traffic, and not much bathroom maintenance...gas stations, restaurants, cafes. I think it's because in those places, people often don't bother to flush (hey men: please flush your pee always, even if you don't use TP!!!!) or everything doesn't go down when they do flush, and then the toilet gets clogged after multiple uses.
Still, in your own house, it's odd and gross.

Back