Do Argentinians Use Their Dogs As Weapons In Ba?

OK, let's let the free market decide how many dogs get to tear people to pieces. And laissez-faire should extend to vaccinations - if you get bit, it's your own responsibility to get rabies shots.

The number of fatalities that occur because of dog bites is statistically irrelevant. in 2013, I believe there was approximately 30 people killed by dogs in the US. While every death is too many, I hardly think "vicious" dogs are where people's energy should be focused.

I have no problem with leash laws, in fact they're great. BSL is a joke, esp when there is no money to fund it and people generally have no idea what kind of dog might have bitten them. Tis my experience that half the time dogs are labeled as pitbulls when they clearly aren't or are mix which might have some pit in them.

I'm not against smart regulations, but against dumb arguments. I'm also not a fan of pitbulls myself, but it's incredible how uninformed people are. No, they are not significantly more aggressive if you believe scientific studies. There are basically two differences to what people consider "non-dangerous":
1. Many owners of pitbulls train their dogs specifically for fighting/agressive behavior
2. A pitbull has the physical capability (powerful jaws) to cause serious injuries, whereas a Chiwawa could bite 10 times more often without causing a serious incident.

So logically one could think about regulations to ensure that everyone who holds such an animal has the required knowledge, similar to what is done in many European countries, but I guess the populistic method of "banning everything I don't like" is the easy way to go... Ohhh, and when we are in the legislation process, please add a paragraph to kill all sharks because they are so dangerous and people should be able to surf without getting eaten by these monsters!

and the guy talks about "dumb arguments" while not capable of making the difference between a wild animal in its natural habitat and a breed that was created and injected into our societies, in the same post... Where is that face palm emoticon?

and the guy talks about "dumb arguments" while not capable of making the difference between a wild animal in its natural habitat and a breed that was created and injected into our societies, in the same post... Where is that face palm emoticon?

Where logic, and proportion
have fallen sloppy dead,
and the white knight's talking backward,
and the red queen's "off with her head!"

Welcome to BAExpats, Toasty, welcome to the looney bin :)

Just remember to blame everything on La Presidenta, and you'll get along fine with the rest of the inmates members.

Thanks!

yes some have 'adapted' pretty well. Was it by pure intellectual laziness or the 120 liters Coke ZERO, not sure but the results are spectacular.

Cheers Red! ;) Glad that you are here.

This thread is so sweet - reminds me of the saying "if you put a lot of kids with down syndrome in a room, there's a lot of hugging" :wub:

5 minutes and all you come up with is this... Ok, to be honest, I didn't expect much more...

sorry I'm always a little puzzled by moronic comments. I'll do better next time.

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]No, they are not significantly more aggressive if you believe scientific studies.[/background]

What studies are you referring to? Check out the statistics: http://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/dog-attack-deaths-maimings-merritt-clifton-2013.pdf
In 67% of the fatal & disfiguring cases a pit bull was attacking.

There are basically two differences to what people consider "non-dangerous":
1. Many owners of pitbulls train their dogs specifically for fighting/agressive behavior
2. A pitbull has the physical capability (powerful jaws) to cause serious injuries, whereas a Chiwawa could bite 10 times more often without causing a serious incident.

To 1: Pit bulls are more dangerous because of the selective breeding for dogfighting.
To 2: Pit bulls cause serious injuries because of their bite style. They don't just snap once or twice - they hold and shake and keep fighting.

Back