Economists warn electing Milei would spell devastation

Are you aware of the title of this thread, "Economists warn electing Milei would spell devastation"? Dollars in Argentina tend to gravitate towards a few hands, the most affluent and well-off, and I don't see that changing. If you have been following my posts, you'll know I listed many reasons why it's not a good idea to dollarize the Argentine economy. I respectfully disagree that any of those European countries are models for Argentina to follow. How about we fix things here to add value to the Argentine Peso, instead of adopting another currency over which we will have no control?
You wasn't so aware of the title of this thread at the begining of it seems to me, more interested in abortion, gay rights and other issues that "we" don't like. I'm glad to see that change of tune.

You wasn't so aware of the title of this thread at the begining of it seems to me, more interested in abortion, gay rights and other issues that "we" don't like. I'm glad to see that change of tune.

I was not the one who initially mentioned abortion and gay rights; I merely pointed out that these social issues can be linked to the economy. Please go back and take a look.

https://davueltaelvotodemilei.com/DaVueltaElVotoDeMilei.pdf

It seems that not only a few economists are “warning” against voting for Milei… there is a professional guide for Militantes to go out and “convert” potential Milei voters on online forums/ social media etc.

Reading some of the comments in this thread seem to be a page out of this guide….

This anti-Milei campaign is horrible. People who made that document don't care about free elections, they want the same people to stay in power no matter what. Cristina has always been a big fan of Chávez/Maduro and wanted a similar model for Argentina. If people worry about dictatorships, I think Massa is more dangerous than Milei. Milei doesn't like big government. Massa says whatever he thinks scores the best, because the only thing he wants is to be in power. He gives zero shit about any of you or anyone else.

Would a news paper like La Nación be interested to know about that link?

Last edited:
Yes, true, but Bukele has also undermined a lot of democratic principles. The vast majority of people who commit these crimes in the U.S., entering into an entity and shooting, particularly with AR-15 purchased them legally. That's a fact. In regards to gun permits, I am not against gun ownership. Here in Argentina for those that qualify. People can have a gun at home to protect themselves. I would prefer that the license to carry a loaded gun on the streets remain elusive, and that's what I was referring to, unlike in the U.S.
Feelings or opinions have nothing to do with constitutional rights and the moment you need a government credential to carry or keep a weapon, it becomes a privilege that, same as driving licenses can be suspended or revoked.
Most of the legislation about weapons for self defense here is dictated by a disarmament agenda sponsored by the federal gov.
Remember, today you need to qualify to own a gun for self defense, tomorrow perhaps you'd need a license to qualify to reproduce, later on maybe a license to...... used certain words? hhmmm yep i'll always choose freedom over security so i'll keep my bible and my gun by my side no matter who gets offended

As a former (multiple) gun owner, should there be easier access to guns here in Argentina I hope the people here aren't "the problem," as in being the type who not only owns guns, but goes around shooting fellow Argentinians in schools/malls/nightclubs/etc, and that there are reasonable regulations that prevent people from selling/buying automatic assault weapons and that keep dangerous weapons out of the hands of the mentally ill, known domestic abusers, etc. If an eye/written/driving exam needs to be passed in order to legally drive I don't see a problem with having similar qualifications to own firearms.

Not buying into the whole today they'll want your automatic assault rifle, tomorrow your hunting rifle, day after that you'll need a license to cross the street argument. It's a fear tactic used to get $ donations and which politicians can use at election time. It's never happened. Never. Not once. I'm sure their are still some people in the US who believe that tomorrow Obama is gonna send the govt. to confiscate their guns. Fact is when a Democrat wins the presidency gun/ammo sales increase because the gun industry has duped their customers with the use of fear.

If one chooses freedom over security (which is a good choice) than why the gun? Freedom doesn't require and has nothing to do with gun ownership.

cbea140fa856c3d861227d21a11e5c60b5b242e70fc2c145c7541b4c55ad67af.jpg

images.jpeg

As a former (multiple) gun owner, should there be easier access to guns here in Argentina I hope the people here aren't "the problem," as in being the type who not only owns guns, but goes around shooting fellow Argentinians in schools/malls/nightclubs/etc, and that there are reasonable regulations that prevent people from selling/buying automatic assault weapons and that keep dangerous weapons out of the hands of the mentally ill, known domestic abusers, etc. If an eye/written/driving exam needs to be passed in order to legally drive I don't see a problem with having similar qualifications to own firearms.

Not buying into the whole today they'll want your automatic assault rifle, tomorrow your hunting rifle, day after that you'll need a license to cross the street argument. It's a fear tactic used to get $ donations and which politicians can use at election time. It's never happened. Never. Not once. I'm sure their are still some people in the US who believe that tomorrow Obama is gonna send the govt. to confiscate their guns. Fact is when a Democrat wins the presidency gun/ammo sales increase because the gun industry has duped their customers with the use of fear.

If one chooses freedom over security (which is a good choice) than why the gun? Freedom doesn't require and has nothing to do with gun ownership.

View attachment 9218

View attachment 9219
Very easy to answer that, how do you think we obtained our freedom and stopped being a colony? thru mediation and dialog? and i would like to add one more thing......( yet one more time)...you have a constitutional right to own a gun and a privilege to drive a car , maybe that's why you need a license to drive (privilege) and not one to own a gun (constitutional right).

This anti-Milei campaign is horrible. People who made that document don't care about free elections, they want the same people to stay in power no matter what. Cristina has always been a big fan of Chávez/Maduro and wanted a similar model for Argentina. If people worry about dictatorships, I think Massa is more dangerous than Milei. Milei doesn't like big government. Massa says whatever he thinks scores the best, because the only thing he wants is to be in power. He gives zero shit about any of you or anyone else.

Would a news paper like La Nación be interested to know about that link?
The left doesn't care about winning elections, they care about staying in power. That's why everywhere the left is involved, you see vote fraud. Vote fraud is a threat to national security. The only way to clean up vote fraud is often military intervention, so, if you don't want to see a military dictatorship you should take the issue of vote fraud very seriously. The fact that Massa invited the team that helped Lula steal the election down to Argentina to help him should be very disturbing to anyone who doesn't want a dictatorship. There were all kinds of photos on social media of people destroying ballots for Millei in October. Undermining election integrity is a great way to get the military involved.

The only way to clean up vote fraud is often military intervention
It's like saying that using a guillotine is the only way to get rid of a headache.

So, what do we have now? On one side, there's an attempt to scare people with the threat of devastation if Milei becomes president. On the other side, there are threats of a dictatorship and a military coup if Massa becomes president. Nice. Do you seriously believe that the army would stand up for Milei?

Was the military involved in any way with the disputes over electoral fraud following the last elections in the USA? The military usually comes to power after periods of devastation, when people are looking for a strong hand.

Last edited:
Are you aware of the title of this thread, "Economists warn electing Milei would spell devastation"? Dollars in Argentina tend to gravitate towards a few hands, the most affluent and well-off, and I don't see that changing. If you have been following my posts, you'll know I listed many reasons why it's not a good idea to dollarize the Argentine economy. I respectfully disagree that any of those European countries are models for Argentina to follow. How about we fix things here to add value to the Argentine Peso, instead of adopting another currency over which we will have no control?
because as long as the government have the power to print pesos and continue spending they will do so. They lack the discipline to do otherwise as we have seen for decades.

Back