Gay Marriage Passes in Arg Senate

Its so funny the obsession that born again christians have in trying to convince us mere mortals to look for the light and to save us from our sins especially those that involve the human flesh .

Have you noticed this same zeal in other topics in regards to wars or violence? Their hypocrisy is breathtaking

What's going on here? We are talking about freedoms vs hypocrisy and liberties and rights and such and someone is censoring posts out of the thread. It must mean that we are free to read whatever the censor deems as truth.
Sounds pretty damn religious to me.

mini said:
I'll have to see what the bible says about it first.

How about "thou shall not not steal" (I think it´s like #8) on the list. Are the 10 commandments still linked to the Bible or has that theory been disproven yet?

VoiceofTruth said:
I think the question is, would it be small or petty of God that you need to come to Him. The Bible says that God created us in His image and that means we have some of the characteristics of God. One of them is a free will. We have the ability to determine our own destiny. If you think of that in the light of eternity, it is really serious. God will not force Himself on anyone. He will not make anyone love or follow Him. If He did, He would be violating our free will that He gave us. Also, He does not want puppets. He will never force anyone to love Him. But you have to look at what God did for us. Man sinned and are separated from God. But "God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

God Himself took on our sins, paid our price, died in our place so that we could be forgiven and have fellowship with God. But you need to accept what He did. Salvation is a free gift of God to all but you need to receive it for it to be yours. If some one had a special gift for you and said it was the best gift ever, if you took it, it would make your life better but if you did not accept the gift, would it help you? No, same with the gift of salvation. It is free to all but must be accepted to help you. Why is salvation free to us? Because it cost God so much. The price was paid by Jesus on the cross. "But God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 If you think about it God has really done all He could for us, He died in our place. I hope this helps with your question.

On a side note: to the many who have an issue with the name "Voice of Truth." It is speaking of God and His word being the voice of truth. Don't believe what I say or anyone else blindly. Always check the scriptures. If the scriptures don't agree with what someone says, the person is wrong. The scriptures should always be the final authority. If I have said anything that differs from scripture, I would be wrong. So I challange you to search the scriptures for yourself.

I have four more questions. I suppose I'm not really expecting to get anywhere in particular with them, but I do like to ask people questions who know more than me about a subject.

1) "[..]His image and that means we have some of the characteristics of God."

Where did the the other ones come from?

2) What is wrong with being a sinner? Or, why does god want perfect people?
Is the only reason so you don't go to hell?

3) After thinking about it, I think I have reached my own conclusion on the matter of whether or not, for Christianity, God is vengeful (a question I asked but you didn't answer)?

But, what do you think? Is God vengeful? (I'm more interested in your personal opinion here than what the Bible says.)

4) Does the Bible say "thou shall not judge" or something to that effect? Does this apply to God as well?

Yet abortion is still illegal.. No one dies from not being able to marry but many women die a year in Argentina from clothes hanger or worse abortions. Gay marriage.. great. Next step... legal abortion. And real sex ed? And don't bother even responding to anyone that uses the Bible as their primary source... everyone is going to interpret/ mold it in a way that suits them and their own personal opinions.

darmanad said:
I'm confused. If there is life after death and heaven is such a heavenly place, what is the big deal about dying on the cross or anywhere else for that matter? How could the death of the only begotten son be such a sacrifice by God for us if there is a heavenly life after death to which Jesus was no doubt transported?

This is a very important question. It would take much more time than I can take here. But when Jesus was in the garden of Gethsemane on the night He was arrested the Bible says Jesus was “troubled and deeply distressed”. In Mark 14:34, Jesus said, “My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death….”. Jesus prayed three times “Father, if it is possible take this cup from Me.” Why was it so hard for Jesus? The Bible teaches that Jesus was 100% man and 100% God while on earth. Jesus knew what was going to happen to Him. After Jesus was arrested, even though He had done no wrong, He was beaten and spit upon. They pulled His beard out and mocked Him. Then they whipped Him with a whip that had pieces of bones and metal. The scourging would rip the flesh off the person’s back down to the bone. Many prisoners died from the scourging. Jesus felt the pain like any of us would. Then He would be crucified. Dying by crucifixion was a horrible death. You can read the account in the Gospels.

But this is not why Jesus was so sorrowful. When Jesus was hanging on the cross, at one point He cried out “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” Matthew 27:46. At that point in history all the sins of the world, past, present and future, all the filth that man has done, all the evil that had been committed, including mine and yours was put on Jesus. God the Father being Holy cannot look on sin and at that moment God the Father and Jesus were separated for the first time in eternity.

That is why it was a big deal. It is a big deal for us also. Jesus also said from the cross, “It is finished.” John 19:30. Everything that needed to be accomplished for our salvation was finished. If Jesus did not die, we could not be forgiven, we could not be saved. It is important to know that the cross is why Jesus came to earth. He came to die. It was God’s plan to save us. But he rose on the third day. Jesus is alive and because of this, we can live forever with Him, if we choose to.

JoeBlow said:
I have four more questions. I suppose I'm not really expecting to get anywhere in particular with them, but I do like to ask people questions who know more than me about a subject.

1) "[..]His image and that means we have some of the characteristics of God."

Where did the the other ones come from?

2) What is wrong with being a sinner? Or, why does god want perfect people?
Is the only reason so you don't go to hell?

3) After thinking about it, I think I have reached my own conclusion on the matter of whether or not, for Christianity, God is vengeful (a question I asked but you didn't answer)?

But, what do you think? Is God vengeful? (I'm more interested in your personal opinion here than what the Bible says.)

4) Does the Bible say "thou shall not judge" or something to that effect? Does this apply to God as well?

These are only brief answers.

• That we have some of the characteristics of God. God is loving, we have the ability to love. God has emotions, we have emotions, etc. But God has attributes we don’t have. God is Omnipresent…..God is everywhere at the same time. God is Omniscient……God is all knowing. God is Omnipotent…….God is all powerful. The other characteristics we have come from our parents that came from Adam and Eve. After Adam and Eve sinned, every person in human history (except Jesus) was born with a sin nature. That is why we all need a Savior. Anger, jealousy, lust, greed and so on are characteristics that come from our sin nature.
  • What is wrong with being a sinner? Why does God want perfect people? Is the only reason to keep from going to hell? No, that is not the only reason but it is a pretty good one. In the gospel of John chapter 10 verse 10, Jesus says, “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly”. A life with Jesus is a richer, fuller, more meaningful life and actually much more exciting. I know I have been on both sides. God knows we can’t be perfect, He is not looking for perfect people. He is looking for people who love Him and come to Him through Jesus. God does not want anyone to go to hell.. 2 Peter 3:9 “The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing any should perish but that all should come to repentance”. Hell was created for Satan and his demons. If anyone goes to hell it is by their choice for rejecting Jesus.
  • No, I know God is not vengeful. I have made many mistakes. I have sinned many times and God has always been loving and kind. Psalm 86:15 David wrote, “But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth”. That is the God I know. That is the God I love.
  • Jesus said, “Judge not, that you not be judged”. Matthew 7 We are not to judge a person’s heart or a person’s motives. Only God knows a person’s heart. But this has nothing to do with warning people of God’s judgment to come. In Matthew chapter 23, Jesus warns the Scribes and the Pharisees that they are not living right. He even warns them that they are on their way to hell. Many times throughout the Bible, God warns people to change or they would face judgment. In the book of Ezekiel, chapter 33 God tells Ezekiel to watch and when he sees the destruction coming, if he warns the people and they don’t listen and they are destroyed, then their blood is on their own hands. But, if Ezekiel sees the destruction coming and does not warn the people, and the people are destroyed then the people’s blood is on Ezekiel’s hands. Christians are accountable to God to tell people the truth, to tell people one day judgment will come and to tell people that Jesus died for them.
No this does not apply to God. God is the righteous Judge. His judgments are perfect. Psalm 19:9 “The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether”. Revelation 19:2 “For true and righteous are His judgments….”. When God judges it will be fair. No one will have an excuse. There are two judgments coming. The Great White Throne Judgment and the Bema Seat of Christ. At the Bema Seat of Christ, those that truly love God and come to Jesus through the cross will enter into Heaven. At the Great White Thorne Judgment those that reject Jesus will be cast into hell. That is what the Bible teaches. Everyone must chose.

Yes the sex scandals diminish the credibility of the catholic church and I suspect there were divorced people protesting the new law. That's hypocrisy since they are considered adulterers if they have remarried. The bit about not caring about indigenous people is unfair. The argentine bishops have been outspoken defenders of indigenous communities and of the poor in general . The catholic church is strongly critical of capitalism and the exploitation of the poor. As much as readers may disagree with the position on sexuality credit should be given for defense of the poor including the indigenous.

I agree Pericles that a lot of Christians focus on sex and not on sins like greed, selfishness, lying , cheating , indifference to the poor etc . These are blind spots.

Back