Gay Marriage Passes in Arg Senate

sergio said:
As much as readers may disagree with the position on sexuality credit should be given for defense of the poor including the indigenous.

You're kidding me right ?

The Church helped kill millions of Native Americans ( North Central and South )

-------------------------

(Bartolomé De Las Casas, The Devastation of the Indies, 1552)

"With my own eyes I saw Spaniards cut off the nose, hands and ears of Indians, male and female, without provocation, merely because it pleased them to do it. ... Likewise, I saw how they summoned the caciques and the chief rulers to come, assuring them safety, and when they peacefully came, they were taken captive and burned."

"[The Spaniards] took babies from their mothers' breasts, grabbing them by the feet and smashing their heads against rocks. ... They built a long gibbet, low enough for the toes to touch the ground and prevent strangling, and hanged thirteen [natives] at a time in honor of Christ Our Savior and the twelve Apostles. ...Then, straw was wrapped around their torn bodies and they were burned alive."

"As the Spaniards went with their war dogs hunting down Indian men and women, it happened that a sick Indian woman who could not escape from the dogs, sought to avoid being torn apart by them, in this fashion: she took a cord and tied her year-old child to her leg, and then she hanged herself from a beam. But the dogs came and tore the child apart; before the creature expired, however, a friar baptized it."

"They would cut an Indian's hands and leave them dangling by a shred of skin ... [and] they would test their swords and their manly strength on captured Indians and place bets on the slicing off of heads or cutting of bodies in half with one blow. ... [One] cruel captain traveled over many leagues, capturing all the Indians he could find. Since the Indians would not tell him who their new lord was, he cut off the hands of some and threw others to the dogs, and thus they were torn to pieces."

"The Spanish treated the Indians with such rigor and inhumanity that they seemed the very ministers of Hell, driving them day and night with beatings, kicks, lashes and blows, and calling them no sweeter names than dogs. ... Women who had just given birth were forced to carry burdens for the Christians and thus could not carry infants because of the hard work and weakness of hunger. Infinite numbers of these were cast aside on the road and thus perished."

"They threw into those holes all the Indians they could capture of every age and kind. ... Pregnant and confined women, children, old men [were] left stuck on the stakes, until the pits were filled. ... The rest they killed with lances and daggers and threw them to their war dogs who tore them up and devoured them."

"Because he did not give the great quantity of gold asked for, they burned him and a number of other nobles and caciques... with the intention of leaving no prince or chieftain alive in the entire country."

"When the Spaniards had collected a great deal of gold from the Indians, they shut them up in three big houses, crowding in as many as they could, then set fire to the houses, burning alive all that were in them, yet those Indians had given no cause nor made any resistance."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Do not talk about " credit " when there is still a blood debt unpaid.

------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news

Goddoesnthategays.jpg

nuff said.

Ok, I'm largely going to stay out of this, but the amount of messed up things that happen in the bible are staggering. One of my favorite stories is the one about Soddom and Gommorah (an interesting look at the notion of Soddom being destroyed because of homosexuality: http://fogarty.org/tim/gay_issues/bible_sodom.html) where Lot tries to give up his two virgin daughters to placate the citizens who want to have sex with his angelic house guests. Well the citizens weren't willing to accept that, so angels save Lot and his family, and destroy the city along the way. Poor wife turns around and gets turned into a pillar of salt along the way, so Lot and his girls go live in a cave, where he procreates "out of necessity" with not one but BOTH of his daughters. No, wait wait. He didn't instigate it--the daughters did, by getting him drunk. Interesting. But Incest and getting drunk is A-Ok, but a loving homosexual relationship is not. Very interesting.

The other antiquated concepts that people try to overlookor excuse because they were in the Old Testament and god since changed his mind (wait a second, wasn't God supposed to be omnipotent and omniscient?) is just laughable. I find it pretty funny that manuski lists "curry houses" amongst the unsavory places that he used to frequent. No, not curry!

manuski said:
young British male (in and out of pubs ,nightclubs, curry houses, betting shops etc). I had swallowed hook line and sinker what I had read and heard from the media about who Christians were and what they believed. It wasn't until I took the time to find our more for myself that I started to realise that what I had been told was pretty wide of the mark.

Anyway, congratulations to Argentina! It makes me sick and sad to see homosexuals condemned to live an existence where they are not free to live and love as "normal" human beings. Those who quote the Bible as irrefutable proof of God's word... well, there never was any reasoning with them. I'm not going to start to try now--I just wish that they would leave the notion of "God's will" to "God" and live their own lives as they please while butting out of what other people do that will never affect them.

No, not curry!

Blessed are the cheesemakers and I guess cursed are the currymunchers.

Thou shalt feel my wrath in thy intestines.

MizzMarr said:
Ok, I'm largely going to stay out of this, but the amount of messed up things that happen in the bible are staggering. One of my favorite stories is the one about Soddom and Gommorah (an interesting look at the notion of Soddom being destroyed because of homosexuality: http://fogarty.org/tim/gay_issues/bible_sodom.html) where Lot tries to give up his two virgin daughters to placate the citizens who want to have sex with his angelic house guests. Well the citizens weren't willing to accept that, so angels save Lot and his family, and destroy the city along the way. Poor wife turns around and gets turned into a pillar of salt along the way, so Lot and his girls go live in a cave, where he procreates "out of necessity" with not one but BOTH of his daughters. No, wait wait. He didn't instigate it--the daughters did, by getting him drunk. Interesting. But Incest and getting drunk is A-Ok, but a loving homosexual relationship is not. Very interesting.

The other antiquated concepts that people try to overlookor excuse because they were in the Old Testament and god since changed his mind (wait a second, wasn't God supposed to be omnipotent and omniscient?) is just laughable. I find it pretty funny that manuski lists "curry houses" amongst the unsavory places that he used to frequent. No, not curry!

Anyway, congratulations to Argentina! It makes me sick and sad to see homosexuals condemned to live an existence where they are not free to live and love as "normal" human beings. Those who quote the Bible as irrefutable proof of God's word... well, there never was any reasoning with them. I'm not going to start to try now--I just wish that they would leave the notion of "God's will" to "God" and live their own lives as they please while butting out of what other people do that will never affect them.

Who said incest was A-ok? Not God, try reading Leviticus 18. Who said getting drunk was ok? Again, not God. Read 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 No Christian would say it was OK either.

You can't just take one scripture on its own and use it out of context to try and prove a point.

Voice of Truth

You are on the wrong forum if you believe that this group would be as gullible to take you as the voice of god as you are clearly are stating with your hypocritical postings.

My mother is a religious greek orthodox woman and of course I respect some of our traditions especially the beauty of the ceremonies and the sense of community that this brings . Saying that I saw from an very early age the hypocrisy of the greek orthodox church and the huge fees that they were charging for the most simple of ceremonies. The greek priests have to be amongst the worlds most wealthy men of the cloth and all created by a control over people that borders on dictatorship.

Religious beliefs are personal and one has to choose his life and live it with respect for others . If one wishes to live in a relationship with his own sex and have this recognised by the state this should be considered a good thing and not a reason for them to be compared to devils or evil or the like .

I believe that they lost the debate in Argentina with this as the electorate has advanced and matured and saw this for what it is a respect of human rights and the seperation of church and state which it clearly is .

While I respect your non acceptance of this Voice of Reason that does not give you the right to impose your beliefs on me or others who wish to lead a different life that carries no harm to those around us.

pericles said:
Voice of Truth

You are on the wrong forum if you believe that this group would be as gullible to take you as the voice of god as you are clearly are stating with your hypocritical postings.

My mother is a religious greek orthodox woman and of course I respect some of our traditions especially the beauty of the ceremonies and the sense of community that this brings . Saying that I saw from an very early age the hypocrisy of the greek orthodox church and the huge fees that they were charging for the most simple of ceremonies. The greek priests have to be amongst the worlds most wealthy men of the cloth and all created by a control over people that borders on dictatorship.

Religious beliefs are personal and one has to choose his life and live it with respect for others . If one wishes to live in a relationship with his own sex and have this recognised by the state this should be considered a good thing and not a reason for them to be compared to devils or evil or the like .

I believe that they lost the debate in Argentina with this as the electorate has advanced and matured and saw this for what it is a respect of human rights and the seperation of church and state which it clearly is .

While I respect your non acceptance of this Voice of Reason that does not give you the right to impose your beliefs on me or others who wish to lead a different life that carries no harm to those around us.

Sir,

First, I explained before that the Voice of Truth is God and His word, not me. Maybe I should have chosen a different title.

It is very apparent that many on this board have been disillusioned by the church, whatever church that may have been. Honestly that is sad. Men do wrong things. God does not.

But as for your post, when did I compare anyone to devils or evil? I said God loves the homosexual like He loves everyone else. Just God must deal with sin. I am not trying to impose my beliefs on anyone just stating what I believe and what the Bible says. I was through but wanted to answer the questions of people when they asked.

But I give you credit, you have not kicked me off the board....yet.

VoiceofTruth said:
Men do wrong things. God does not.

God said:
I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me

205wgmv.jpg

VoiceofTruth said:
First, I explained before that the Voice of Truth is God and His word, not me
Really? That's interesting because the only voices I hear in this thread are very human, including yours. So why don't you let god speak for himself rather than out of your ass? I asked you before and I will ask you again: Who appointed you god's spokesperson? Show me your promotion papers, the ones with god's signiture. Aren't you even a little worried that usurping the boss's authority while he's away on a business trip could get you in serious trouble when he gets back? Count on the fact that we will tell him about your pride and your effort to steal his job while he was gone. (I'm hoping that he's more forgiving of tattle-tails than hate-filled homophobes.) Don't you realize that the capacity to accept your humanity, also known as humility, is precisely what your free will is being tested for in this temporal life?

Let god speak for himself if he doesn't like the new gay marriage law in Argentina. Or just admit that he is silent on the issue and in truth YOU don't like the law.
I am not trying to impose my beliefs on anyone
Ha! You are ONLY trying to impose YOUR beliefs on EVERYONE! And you know it! You are either willfully deceptive or seriously stupid - or, given what I've read of your arrogant nonsense so far, more than a little of both.

^^^^^^

Choripán, go easy with the Chimichurri dude or you will have a heart attack. :D

Back