Gay Marriage Passes in Arg Senate

AlexfromLA said:
128715324311305029.jpg

That´s ok. More amusing & interesting people, and the boss is hot.

VoiceofTruth said:
It has been interesting. If anyone has any real questions, I will be happy to answer here or you can pm me. Always remember that God loves you and will accept you any time you come to Him

I have many real questions, VoiceofTruth.

One for today:

Don't you think it would be small of God to say you can be in its company IF you come to it?

By "small" I mean petty. If I think about it, this concept even sounds like it has a tinge of vengefulness behind it.

JoeBlow said:
I have many real questions, VoiceofTruth.

One for today:

Don't you think it would be small of God to say you can be in its company IF you come to it?

By "small" I mean petty. If I think about it, this concept even sounds like it has a tinge of vengefulness behind it.

I think the question is, would it be small or petty of God that you need to come to Him. The Bible says that God created us in His image and that means we have some of the characteristics of God. One of them is a free will. We have the ability to determine our own destiny. If you think of that in the light of eternity, it is really serious. God will not force Himself on anyone. He will not make anyone love or follow Him. If He did, He would be violating our free will that He gave us. Also, He does not want puppets. He will never force anyone to love Him. But you have to look at what God did for us. Man sinned and are separated from God. But "God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

God Himself took on our sins, paid our price, died in our place so that we could be forgiven and have fellowship with God. But you need to accept what He did. Salvation is a free gift of God to all but you need to receive it for it to be yours. If some one had a special gift for you and said it was the best gift ever, if you took it, it would make your life better but if you did not accept the gift, would it help you? No, same with the gift of salvation. It is free to all but must be accepted to help you. Why is salvation free to us? Because it cost God so much. The price was paid by Jesus on the cross. "But God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 If you think about it God has really done all He could for us, He died in our place. I hope this helps with your question.

On a side note: to the many who have an issue with the name "Voice of Truth." It is speaking of God and His word being the voice of truth. Don't believe what I say or anyone else blindly. Always check the scriptures. If the scriptures don't agree with what someone says, the person is wrong. The scriptures should always be the final authority. If I have said anything that differs from scripture, I would be wrong. So I challange you to search the scriptures for yourself.

VoiceofTruth said:
But "God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

God Himself took on our sins, paid our price, died in our place so that we could be forgiven and have fellowship with God.

Why is salvation free to us? Because it cost God so much. The price was paid by Jesus on the cross. "But God demonstrates His own love towards us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 If you think about it God has really done all He could for us, He died in our place.

I'm confused. If there is life after death and heaven is such a heavenly place, what is the big deal about dying on the cross or anywhere else for that matter? How could the death of the only begotten son be such a sacrifice by God for us if there is a heavenly life after death to which Jesus was no doubt transported?

ughhhhh.........the passive aggresiveness of these people its whats really ABHORRING

Maikito said:
ughhhhh.........the passive aggresiveness of these people its whats really ABHORRING

Indeed, and they don't realize that such comments have provoked (and still provoke) suicides among persons who feel guilt or shame.

Hopefully, world is changing, women are less and less considered as inferior to males (they still make less in the professional world though), women have a soul since the end of the 18th century (they had not before), women can vote in more and more countries (in Switzerland, the first time they got authorized was in 1974, can you imagine ?).
Same for gays or whatever.

Well, for those people, the world was created a few 1000 years ago. They don't realize that Christmas day was previously a pagan feast (sol invictus). They don't see that many cathedrals in Europe are built upon pagan sites (Chartres for instance). They don't want to understand that Christianism was developped as an unification tool for political purposes (Emperor Constantin). They probably believe that Jesus was born year 1 (year 0 did not exist and research seems to indicate he was born around -7 or -6). Etc, etc...

Of course, proselytism is subjacent to all of this.

Well, if God exists, and if I meet him someday, I hope he'll tell me that he is not responsible of the crimes that have been commited in his name.

And just in case I go to Hell (like many posters here ! lol), let's have our next expat event there, open bar and gogodancers (male and female) for everyone !

BTW, I spent 12 years in a catholic school, only boys (I know a bit about religion).

PS : such debates remind me too of a reading about ecclesiastical discussions that took place during the Inquisition (question was : is it Christian to kill native indians ?).

Back