Gay Marriage Passes in Arg Senate

_48367444_same_sex_marriage_464.gif

VoiceofTruth said:
But, that does not mean you will not be judged. All will stand before God to answer for his or her life.

And lo, as it is written in Leviticus:

You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor shall you disfigure the edges of your beard
Leviticus 19:27

I'm going to go out on a limb, and hazard a guess you aren't preaching at us with long forelocks and a big bushy beard - as God apparently demands. And let he who is without sin....

Live and let live.

Well done Argentina, proud day for all.

Liam3494 said:
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1], then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones..." [/SIZE][SIZE=-1](Deuteronomy 22:20,21)[/SIZE]
At present times , we are so women needed that we prefer not to stone non virginal gals.

VoiceofTruth said:
All I could say to this is these people are way off base. God does not hate homosexuals. God does not hate anyone. But God does hate sin. As I said before, look to Jesus. If you let people who are misrepresenting God keep you from God, then who loses, you. God loves you no matter what but because of His holiness He must judge sin, and He did on the cross. Now He wants people accept His forgivness.
The next thing you'll be posting is something about the world being only 5000 years old, carbon dating is a hoax, dinosours never existed, evolution is wrong, creationist science is right and Sarah Palin has a brain.
We await your truth.

The world is full of injustices much more worrying than how people decide who to love and be with . Christianity has lost its way when it can rally its supporters with hate filled speeches designed to demonise the gay community. This planned backfired at the end as most senators in Argentina do not want to go back to the days when the church was so closely alligned to the state and its policies of turning a blind eye to the crimes of military governments .

This is not a topic about religion but about fundamental human rights and the right to be equal under the law . Once you condone different laws for some you create intolerance and that breeds more intolerance.

Argentina suprised me yesterday with the passing of this law as it has shown clearly that the state has moved forward into being a vibrant and open democracy.

For anybody who is Christian or is particularly curious about Christianity, I recommend "Christianity, Past And Present" by Charles Guignebert.

But with even greater zeal I recommend:
"Conversations With God" by Neale Donald Walsch.

Probably time to end this conversation. But I really have found a lot of the comments interesting, some just silly, some disgusting. To say that Christians have lost their way because they speak out against homosexuality is just silly. Also to continue to say this isn’t about God is wrong. Some would like to remove God from everything but that is impossible. I guess for some it would be nice to think there is no God or you somehow will not be held accountable but all will stand before Him.

Also about not judging, people love to use that so they can continue in the sinful lifestyle and tell people they can’t judge. But that is not what the scriptures say. We are to warn people that sin will destroy them. Would it be loving to see some one destroying themselves and say nothing? It is amazing how many non-believers want to use the Bible to prove their point but end up doing the opposite. All of the comments used here from the Old Testament are misinterpreted. You can look at my post on the difference in the Law and grace. But one that stood out said that she did not sacrifice her two doves so she is unclean. This is a picture of a sacrifice to come later, the Lamb of God sacrificed on a cross for you and me. Read about what Jesus did on the cross. You might find it interesting.

One poster in trying again to use the scriptures used Lev. 19:27. Again you don’t understand the scriptures, so you say things that make no sense. But if you are interested, I will be happy to explain that scripture to you.

And no, I did not really expect people to change their thinking because of this but does that mean I should not speak the truth?

I will leave you with this. Another poster said I should “live and let live” In all honesty that is as bad a philosophy as there could be. Sometimes I have used this analogy, it is simplistic but makes the point.

Say you had a friend or loved one who loves to sit and play on the railroad tracks. He loved it more than anything and truly felt is was the right thing to do. And what if you saw a train coming at him on the tracks and if he stayed on the tracks, he would be killed. What is the loving thing to do? Let him stay on the tracks because that is what he really wants to do or tell him there is a train coming and if he does not get off he will be destroyed. For those who reject Jesus there is a train coming called judgment. That is what Christians are doing. Christians are just sinners saved by grace and want people to be saved.

It has been interesting. If anyone has any real questions, I will be happy to answer here or you can pm me. Always remember that God loves you and will accept you any time you come to Him

Back