Gay Marriage Passes in Arg Senate

VoiceofTruth said:
I will leave you with this. Another poster said I should “live and let live” In all honesty that is as bad a philosophy as there could be. Sometimes I have used this analogy, it is simplistic but makes the point.

Say you had a friend or loved one who loves to sit and play on the railroad tracks. He loved it more than anything and truly felt is was the right thing to do. And what if you saw a train coming at him on the tracks and if he stayed on the tracks, he would be killed. What is the loving thing to do? Let him stay on the tracks because that is what he really wants to do or tell him there is a train coming and if he does not get off he will be destroyed. For those who reject Jesus there is a train coming called judgment. That is what Christians are doing. Christians are just sinners saved by grace and want people to be saved.

It has been interesting. If anyone has any real questions, I will be happy to answer here or you can pm me. Always remember that God loves you and will accept you any time you come to Him

So basically all Muslims, Jewish, Hindi, etc will not be saved by your God? And all pedophile priests are going to be saved?

nikad said:
So basically all Muslims, Jewish, Hindi, etc will not be saved by your God? And all pedophile priests are going to be saved?

The bible doesnt say not to molest little kids...so it must be okay?!?

nikad said:

I take it this is a serious question, and it is a good question. Jesus said "Not everyone who says to Me 'Lord Lord', shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven" Matthew 7:21. What Jesus is saying here is that not everyone who calls himself a christian is a Christian. In Matthew 7:16, Jesus said "You will know them by their fruits". It is more than what a person says. It is a lifestyle. Just because a person claims to be a Christian does not mean he is. A Christian is not perfect but if a person is willfully living in sin there is a problem. I don't think the Bible teaches a person living willfully and continually in sin can be assured of going to heaven, no matter what they call themselves, Christian or other. But the Bible is very clear when it says that Jesus is the only way. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me". John 14:6

VoiceofTruth said:
"Not everyone who says to Me 'Lord Lord', shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven" Matthew 7:21.
Then it should suffice being a good person ( ie. loving and caring for others, honest, generous, loyal, true ) I am sure this doesn´t exclude homosexuals...

nikad said:
Then it should suffice being a good person ( ie. loving and caring for others, honest, generous, loyal, true ) I am sure this doesn´t exclude homosexuals...

Sorry, I should have explained this better. Being "good" cannot save you. In the book of Matthew, Jesus said "No one is good but One, that is, God". The Bible says all our good works are as filthy rags before God. We have all sinned and that is what separates us from God. You are not saved because you call youself a Christian or go to church. People can go to church their whole life and not be saved. It is a personal relationship with Jesus that will save you. The Bible teaches that we are all born with a sin nature. You are not a sinner because you sin. You sin because you are a sinner. The Bible says that homosexuality is a sin, no worse than other sins but it is sin.The answer is to be born again.

In the Gospel of John 3:3, Jesus said, "Most assuredly, I say to to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot see the kingdom of God". Then in John 3:7, Jesus says, "Do not marvel that I said to you, "You must be born again". Being born again means to repent of your sins, ask Jesus to forgive you and ask Him into your life and then you are born into God's family. Then you live for Him. All this can be because Jesus died on the cross for all our sins.

Psst - VoT - last time I checked, the key word is PERSONAL relationship with God. And just because you say it doesn't make your words truth. Unless of course you're God (or the pope for the Catholics amongst us).

I'd spend a lot more time worrying about your relationship with God and a lot less time worrying about others if I were you;)

.....and I repost:

"Oh my GOD!!!! (pun intended) Stop bringing in religion dude. Not everyone lives according to the bible or religious doctrines. Its fine you believe that way, seriously, but don't bring religion to this argument because no church is going to marry me and my samesex partner, the government is. An thankfully in a country where for the most part exercises the separation or religion and state. Civil Rights, plain and simple. Why do they keep drilling and drilling religion and versicles? Like if all of the sudden something is going to click in my brain and adjust my actions just because the bible "says" its wrong. I don't base my life on the bible, and if you do good or you and keep doing it because that is how you live your life."

nikad said:

phew. I was getting worried there for a minute. Good thing I'm Catholic.

Good luck in hell suckas !!!

:D

Psst - VoT - last time I checked, the key word is PERSONAL relationship with God. And just because you say it doesn't make your words truth. Unless of course you're God (or the pope for the Catholics amongst us).

I'd spend a lot more time worrying about your relationship with God and a lot less time worrying about others if I were you;)

Wow! When was the last time you checked? Your ignorance of the Bible is breathtaking.

This thread has only confirmed that there is a vast number of people here who have very little knowledge about The Bible, Jesus and Christianity as a whole. I converted to Christ five years ago, but before that was your typical young British male (in and out of pubs ,nightclubs, curry houses, betting shops etc). I had swallowed hook line and sinker what I had read and heard from the media about who Christians were and what they believed. It wasn't until I took the time to find our more for myself that I started to realise that what I had been told was pretty wide of the mark.

I would like to recommend the following books if anyone is curious about learning more about Christianity:

C.S Lewis - Mere Christianity
Philip Yancey - What's so amazing about grace?

Also, you may want to check out Alistair Begg who broadcasts daily in the United States (He is actually a Scot).

http://www.truthforlife.org

Back