Get your pots out for the lads!

This is not Egypt, Syria, Libya or East Germany for that matter.
Argentina seems to have self procreated into it's own micro dominion where the rules, if there are any, are a tad blurred at the edges.
I have this conversation with my Argentine wife time and time again ad nauseum.
It's a kitchen table topic, usually during or after dinner and often influenced by a glass of Malbec.
So often I ask why there is a crisis every ten years and she tells me it's a cycle, like it's nature, mother nature.
And do I try to argue her down on this point? Of course I do, but I never seem to win the point. I have to say that I am now beginning to come round.
I then go on to mention that what is happening now is a direct result of BAD government and therefore cannot be a law of nature, so to speak.
'Exactly!' she says.
She then goes on to remind me of what happened in 2001/2.
I'm still scratching my head quite frankly.

Gringoboy said:
This is not Egypt, Syria, Libya or East Germany for that matter.

It's not but it surely feels like a blend of those countries in pretty much those proportions

Furthermore, my wife's Dad is 75 and still works.
He knows he has to, for all the obvious reasons.
He's active, relatively fit, gave up smoking recently and enjoys what he does.
He's been in the car business for more years than even he can remember.
He works at a major Japanese car dealership in GBA and is well respected due his long years of experience, not to mention the customers who keep coming back to change their car for a new one.
He has value. He knows it and so do his employers.
Trouble is that not even the mighty Japanese car manufacturer can fight the draconian laws imposed by this out of control government.
In order to import cars they have to export something.
Get it?
So they complied by exporting water.
Takes a lot of water to equal the value of a nice comfy 4X4.
No cars to sell, no business.
Consequently said dealership are going to pull out of Argentina and many hard working folk will lose their jobs.
Not an isolated case either.
Can things really go on like this?
Un poco loco no?

8R7Io.jpg

Take the time to check out the great people behind the "movement".

Interesting "leaflet" that looks like it came from people that are making fun of the cacerolazos. I wonder which group that could be from :rolleyes:

As far as tying the cacerolazos into a group that is being orchestrated by someone, particularly someone as seemingly reprehensible as Cecilia Pando - I don't see the connection. Do we take your word that she is the leader of a group that seems leaderless? And if so, how do you know? Can you point us to some other information other than what is all over the web about this?

For example, there are articles that say she attended a cacerolazo event in Barrio Norte and that she has twittered that the movement is great and that she liked Lanata's show. Oh yeah - and she's calling for more cacerolazos. That makes her a leader because she's following along with other people?

How does that make her a leader of these events? Do you really think the people who are protesting these are ready for a military return and the days of the dictatorship? Does it not seem much more likely that those who follow Cristina, quite blindly I might add, are much more likely to support a dictatorship considering the fact that Cristina is acting like a dictator?

Come on. This is perfect propaganda for Cristina's defense against a middle-class grass roots protest.

Sounds to me like someone like Cecelia Pando is more likely to be glomming onto something she sees as a way to get into the limelight rather than the people who are making the protests are following someone who defended the militarists from the dictatorship.

Despite the cold, they are out tonight according to TN.
We're off to the Kinta after dinner.
If I don't return here, please send out a search party.

njdc - I gather from this (and the previous cartoon) that you are against the cacerolazos. Fine. Welcome. But you're not doing your cause any favors by posting these ham-fisted pieces of agitprop. All it does is send people scurrying for the barricades. Use your words. Cheers.

BienTeVeo said:
njdc - I gather from this (and the previous cartoon) that you are against the cacerolazos. Fine. Welcome. But you're not doing your cause any favors by posting these ham-fisted pieces of agitprop. All it does is send people scurrying for the barricades. Use your words. Cheers.

Not really "against the cacerolazos", but more "pro funny pictures" :D But seriously, do you really think these people are protesting against corruption and other political malfeasance or maladministration, or are they just protesting because it's hitting them in the (dollar filled) hip pocket?

This is not a demographic traditionally known for their political or social conscience. If it's not fueled by nothing other than blatant self-interest, then where was the movement before they stopped people buying dollars? Though, of course, this is an important human right, the ability to buy foreign currency. :confused:

Come on, at the very least, you've got to admit it's quite humorous, especially tips 8 and 10.

Additionally, I'd like to leave you with this: :D

F46.jpg

Back