Get your pots out for the lads!

ndcj said:
Not really "against the cacerolazos", but more "pro funny pictures" :D But seriously, do you really think these people are protesting against corruption and other political malfeasance or maladministration, or are they just protesting because it's hitting them in the (dollar filled) hip pocket?

This is not a demographic traditionally known for their political or social conscience. If it's not fueled by nothing other than blatant self-interest, then where was the movement before they stopped people buying dollars? Though, of course, this is an important human right, the ability to buy foreign currency. :confused:

Come on, at the very least, you've got to admit it's quite humorous, especially tips 8 and 10.

Additionally, I'd like to leave you with this: :D

F46.jpg
LOL. How many movements, bottom line, are fueled by anything else ? The Kirchnerites aren't motivated by "blatant self interest" ? Most of them would have CFK in office forever in order for them to keep feeding at the government trough.

BienTeVeo said:
njdc - I gather from this (and the previous cartoon) that you are against the cacerolazos. Fine. Welcome. But you're not doing your cause any favors by posting these ham-fisted pieces of agitprop. All it does is send people scurrying for the barricades. Use your words. Cheers.

I apoligize for going a bit off topic but there are three expressions in this post with which many readers may not be not familiar. They are ham-fisted, agitprop, and use your words.

I believe that "ham fisted" means the same thing as ham handed...aka clumsy, but I don't know if either are commonly used today or if applies here.

When I was growing up in the 50's and 60's I never heard a teacher or parent say "use your words" but it is indicative of the meaningless drivel children are subject to now as they are truned into mindless little robots...if not pussies:

http://metrodad.typepad.com/index/2008/08/use-your-words.html

When I was a child I was told to watch my mouth. :D

Perhaps the pot bangers are the pussies. It's easy to make noise by beating a cheap frying pan from an apartment balcony...not so much from a barricade in the street.

I would be reluctant to label a post or two here as "agitprop" as this forum could hardly considered a form of mass media and is certainly not read by many of those banging their pots.

Perhaps you should use your words. :p

Johnny said:
LOL. How many movements, bottom line, are fueled by anything else ?.

Not many. Doesn't make this one any more worth supporting though.

steveinbsas said:
I apoligize for going a bit off topic but there are three expressions in this post with which many readers may not be not familiar. They are ham-fisted, agitprop, and use your words.

I believe that "ham fisted" means the same thing as ham handed...aka clumsy, but I don't know if either are commonly used today or if applies here.

When I was growing up in the 50's amnd 60's I never heard a teacher or parent say "use your words" but it is indicative of the meaningless drivel children are subject to now as they are truned into mindless little robots...if not pussies:

http://metrodad.typepad.com/index/2008/08/use-your-words.html

Perhaps the pot bangers are the pussies. It's easy to make noise by beating a cheap frying pan from an apartment balcony...not so much from a barricade in the street.

I would be reluctant to label a post or two here as "agitprop" as this forum could hardly considered a form of mass media and is certainly not read by many of those banging their pots.

Perhaps you should use your words. :p

LIVE from the STREET:

http://www.infobae.com/vivo

Its interesting that no one but TN are covering it live.

There are thousands of people on the streets protesting corrupting in 6 degrees and yet its as if its not happening.....

scotttswan said:
Its interesting that no one but TN are covering it live.

There are thousands of people on the streets protesting corrupting in 6 degrees and yet its as if its not happening.....
that's channel 11 for most people ---it's a much bigger turnout than I expected.

At the very least, it's the beginning of SOMETHING.
This country needs change. It's not just the dollar, it's much, much more than that.
It's the utter hipocracy and bare faced lies that people are tired of.
I believe the Argentine people are damn patient when all is said and done, but we all have a breaking point.
I personally believe that it has been reached.
Off out after dinner.

ndcj said:
But seriously, do you really think these people are protesting against corruption and other political malfeasance or maladministration,

yes i believe they are protesting against corruption, hypocrisy and insecurity.

surfing said:

My internet connection isn't good enough to watch live streaming.

Please make a comment about this in writing as soon as you can.

I remember a post from a member who went out into the street (near Callo and Santa Fe?) in 2008 to record the sounds,

Her laptop was ripped from her hands within minutes.

The more things stay the same, the less they change.

Yogi Berra didn't say that.

I did.

The more things stay the same, the less they change...............................................................Never a truer word spoken.
Thanks Steve.

Back